[0.24] Chatterer v.0.5.9.4

Iannic-ann-od

Alright, I installed chaterer (my first mod of this kind) and then I moved the interface out of the screen... now I can´t bring it back, any help? ;.;

This is q great mod! And the SSTV images are cute too.

Edit: forgot to mention how I know what the images are... I have 2 monitors, and I run a program called MMSSTV on the 2nd screen. Each time there's an SSTV transmission, it detects it and decodes/displays the image.

http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmsstv.php

Edited by tg626
adding a link

Just curious, but how did you manage to get that mic button down at the bottom? I'm thinking of minimizing my GUI like that and have it sit next to yours.

Thanks in advance!

Here's the source code: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/Chatterer/blob/master/Chatterer/Chatterer.cs

On line 3365 starts the load_icons() function that loads the icon textures and sets their positions.

Line 3382 starts the placement of the icon:

if (ui_icons_loaded)
{
ui_icon_pos = new Rect((Screen.width / 2) - 285f, Screen.height - 32f, 30f, 30f);
if (chatter_freq == 0) ui_icon = ui_icon_off;
else ui_icon = ui_icon_on;
if (debugging) Debug.Log("[CHATR] icon textures loaded");
}
else
{
ui_icon_pos = new Rect((Screen.width / 2) - 320f, Screen.height - 22f, 70f, 20f);
}

• 2 weeks later...
Can you add a way to disable the airlock sounds when going to and from an eva with the [ and ] Buttons?, its really annoying.

Mmmh, I must find another way to detect EVA IN/OUT state than "check vessel state", in order to fix this.

This bug is probably fixed, but sometimes text is missing from stuff like navballs/menus!

Can I get assistance?

Sorry, I never experienced this issue, don't know if this is Chatterer related or not. :/

This bug is probably fixed, but sometimes text is missing from stuff like navballs/menus!

Can I get assistance?

Got the same problem. I'm not sure what is causing that to happen. I've never had that happen to me before, even with the current plugins and mods. I pulled Chatterer out just to see if it cleared up.

It's very stange. I can hear the sound of the mod, but I can't find the menu or the mic's icon.

Is there a button to press? Or it's a bug and how to fix it?

Hi,

Do you use Blizzy's Toolbar plugin by any chance ?

If yes, you should find the button in it.

(you may need do make it display, in Toolbar settings)

Otherwise, I have no clues ;)

Hi,

Do you use Blizzy's Toolbar plugin by any chance ?

If yes, you should find the button in it.

(you may need do make it display, in Toolbar settings)

Otherwise, I have no clues ;)

The button was in the toolbar's settings. Thanks for the support.:D

Quick issue. All of my chatter has stopped, as far as I can tell. The only change is that I attempted to add a couple new sounds in a new directory. The directory (sttng) is in the folder with the other chatter sets. when I try to add the set, i enter "sttng" into the directory name, and click load. The sttng set shows, but with 0 samples in the directory. It also appears that none of the other chatter sets are firing, even with forced chatter ("/" key). Any thoughts?

To clarify: only the voices have stopped, beeps and sstv's still work.

Update: Apparently not all the voices have stopped. But the directory I have attempted to add is still not showing.

One more update: from KSP.log:

[WRN 19:47:26.395] [CHATR] Chatterer/Sounds/chatter/sttng/capsule/capsule_01 load FAIL, trying old method

Help? I want to hear Picard spam "Damn!" and the computer from TNG saying "The requested process will take 2 hours to complete" at random :P

Edited by kalor

Got it to work, though I'm really not sure what changed :D

As a thought, I know you disabled remote tech integration, but I had a thought about that. Not sure how it was working before, but while trouble shooting I was reading through the logs, and seeing remote tech's checks for radio connection, alongside chatterer's play sound entries.

Would it be possible to add a line, for example if (remote_tech_connection == true){ play_comms();} (code is only pseudocode, enough to give the idea though.) I was thinking that if this was a possibility, another chatterer category could be kind of cool... voice comms. A set of voices, probably historic NASA, though there's no reason sci-fi stuff couldnt work (I currently have the Star Trek TOS computer and broadcast announcement sounds in use :P) as well.

Just a thought, but it could be nifty, especially if there were vessel-state dependent communications that would play... for example, if the vessel is in the state landed, a chance of "the vessel has landed on *body name*" could come up... again, just a nifty thought :D

chatter volume issue! This is really annoying, especially when trying to stream. with each new launch, regaurdless of what I have set the volume to it seems to set itself internally to 80% (which is bloody load!). then I have to open chatterer and scrub the volume bar to get it to the 10% value I want! Why is it resetting itself internally (ie the volume goes up to 80% even though my setting is clearly still at 10%)??? I have to grab the volume slider and scrub it to reset the volume to what I want!

anyone have an answer for this? I have read several post where people are experiencing the same problem. I like the mod for background sounds but I cannot have it constantly resetting it's volume to near 100% every time I launch a ship, change ships, go in and out of the vab, etc. Regardless of what I have the sliders set too it just resets itself. I have had to remove the mod until this is fixed. It actually caused me to crash a ship because the volume shot up and I was trying to turn it down instead of watching my ship and it flipped out and crashed. I will put the chatterer mod back in in a heart beat of this volume problem every gets resolved.

Ok, so in Debug mode I have

[Warning]: [CHATR] Initial chatter set is empty

[Warning]: [CHATR] Response chatter set is empty

[Warning]: [CHATR] initial_chatter_set has no audioclips, abandoning exchange

Any help would be greatly aprcaited.

anyone have an answer for this? I have read several post where people are experiencing the same problem. I like the mod for background sounds but I cannot have it constantly resetting it's volume to near 100% every time I launch a ship, change ships, go in and out of the vab, etc. Regardless of what I have the sliders set too it just resets itself. I have had to remove the mod until this is fixed. It actually caused me to crash a ship because the volume shot up and I was trying to turn it down instead of watching my ship and it flipped out and crashed. I will put the chatterer mod back in in a heart beat of this volume problem every gets resolved.

Next version will have a different way to manage/save volume level, hopefully it will fix this "famous" issue I still can't reproduce here :/

Ok, so in Debug mode I have

[Warning]: [CHATR] Initial chatter set is empty

[Warning]: [CHATR] Response chatter set is empty

[Warning]: [CHATR] initial_chatter_set has no audioclips, abandoning exchange

Any help would be greatly aprcaited.

Sounds (no pun intended) like your installation is not correct, check/double check installation paths. (no twice GameData folder ie.)

Hope this helps.

Would like to suggest when RemoteTech intergration happens, to have voice sets for communication about to break(farewell) and then when re-established (handshake). Chatterer was in the group of the first mods I tried, keep up the great work.

I had this for ages, and then after doing a swig of updates on other mods then I noticed it was suddenly working fine and can't for the life of me remember what I updated that fixed it