Why was the mk 1 command pod removed??

Deadpangod3

Here it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/369bxjnte9asmx8/mk1pod%20old.zip

Just unzip the file and drop the folder called "mk1pod old" into your parts folder. Let me know if it doesn't work.

The pod was renamed to "SMK Mk1", you can open the file name "part" with notepad and just edit the title (etc.) if you want. It is still the original size though. Rescaling the pod throws the attachment points off for some reason.

I'm actually in the process of putting all the old parts (the ones we don't have anymore) back in my game. I could upload those too if people want.

It will be a few days before they are done though.

I would be very interested in the old parts converted to the new system. I loved the 13.3 rockets.

I liked the mark1 pod too. There was also a mod which re-textured it and made it look really cool. I can't remember who did that mod now, but I found a pic of it from back in the day.

z6UWWqhh.jpg

(This is actually a pic of my very very first Mun landing!!)

You can also see that pod in this vid, right the start for a couple seconds and then at about 18 seconds in.

I liked the mark1 pod too. There was also a mod which re-textured it and made it look really cool. I can't remember who did that mod now, but I found a pic of it from back in the day.

-snip-

(This is actually a pic of my very very first Mun landing!!)

You can also see that pod in this vid, right the start for a couple seconds and then at about 18 seconds in.

Heh, I found that mod for you. :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/1094-The-new-and-shiny-RockBird-Pod-v1-02

Still old, but someone could bring it back.

Heh, I found that mod for you. :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/1094-The-new-and-shiny-RockBird-Pod-v1-02

Still old, but someone could bring it back.

yay! the "RockBird Pod", that's what it was called!! Cheers for that, my sieve brain had lost it. (As the recent forum crash proves; out sourcing memory function to places on the internet can be risky)

I still have a copy of 0.17? sitting on my hard drive, so I still have all the parts and could update them if enough people want it, although I think someone else already did... If I ever find the Spaceport link (I remember seeing it there!) I'll post it. :P

I still have a copy of 0.17? sitting on my hard drive, so I still have all the parts and could update them if enough people want it, although I think someone else already did... If I ever find the Spaceport link (I remember seeing it there!) I'll post it. :P

Just the pod, if at all possible. But, it would be nice to see it with its own IVA (MAKE IT WORK!!! lol) and an EVA hatch of some sort...

Its not hard. All you have to do is import the pods assets into unity. Place the ladder and airlocks and export. Then just config edit the scale you wish it to be and use the stock IVA. Nothing to it.

I didn't even understand half of that, and I'm still confused as heck...

Regarding the EVA capability of the modded mk1 capsules, I don't think they should have any. Heck, I don't think the current single-seater capsule should be EVA capable since it is supposed to be lo-tech like Vostok or Mercury, and neither of them was supposed to be used for EVAs.

Just a thought for the upcoming career mode.

Regarding the EVA capability of the modded mk1 capsules, I don't think they should have any. Heck, I don't think the current single-seater capsule should be EVA capable since it is supposed to be lo-tech like Vostok or Mercury, and neither of them was supposed to be used for EVAs.

Just a thought for the upcoming career mode.

Didn't the people who flew in Vostok have to parachute out the capsule?

Ok. Here are the old parts. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wdclssfc7feu82/Old%20KSP%20parts.zip The Spaceport seems to be down right now, I'll upload there later.

There are seven in total.

1: Adv SAS

2: Fuel Tank

3: Mk1 Pod

4: Radial Decoupler

5: RCS Fuel Tank

6: SAS

7: Stack Tri-Coupler

Sadly the two liquid engines and the RCS engine are not working. I'll keep working on those.

The parts are edited slightly (name, description, and modules). I did this not only to make them work in the new game, but also so they don't overwrite the newer parts and are a bit different. (You can change all that in the part file).

Enjoy.

2modzcj.jpg

Edited by Fiddlestyx

Ok. Here are the old parts. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wdclssfc7feu82/Old%20KSP%20parts.zip The Spaceport seems to be down right now, I'll upload there later.

Sadly the two liquid engines and the RCS engine are not working. I'll keep working on those.

The parts are edited slightly (name, description, and modules). I did this not only to make them work in the new game, but also so they don't overwrite the newer parts and are a bit different. (You can change all that in the part file).

Enjoy.

2modzcj.jpg

Yay, thank you thank you thank you.

If you get the engines done I would love to use them, too.

Enjoy.

/snip/

Is the pod EVA capable?

• 5 years later...
On 4/13/2019 at 12:57 AM, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum @Atomic_ball.

Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to do this with the console versions of the game. This is also quite an old thread and the assets probably aren't in even the PC version anymore. If I am wrong, someone that knows better should be along in a while.

I see well at least I can make a submarine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.