[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

This seems like a handy thing. It makes many many saves and keeps all of them. It seems to add versions to craft design in the VAB, something which would be handy if you make a lot of crafts and want to keep track of them and not lose any.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/72212-Jebretary-Automatic-Version-Control-for-craft-and-saves

It`s a shame when things like this happen.

What Does it Do?

Jebretary automatically tracks changes to your craft and save files, enabling you to go back to any previous version with a couple of clicks.

Each time you launch a craft after editing it Jebretary records it as a new version.

- you can also force a new version at any time.

You can revert a craft back to any previous version, in case you muck the craft up or if it becomes corrupted.

There is No Limit to the number of versions a craft can have.

You can recover deleted craft (so long as you deleted it after you started using Jebretary)

Write notes about each version of a craft

Quicksaves and Autosaves are also automatically tracked when they change.

- and you can wrote notes about saves too.

You can restore any previous quicksave

You can restore any previous autosave as a quicksave (enabling you to load it with f9)

I know the horse has bolted but there are other horses etc

• 3 months later...

That's easier said than done. Opening Munbug on my computer causes some pretty significant slowdowns. When I load it, the game stops responding for good amount of time. So I can see where they're coming from.

That's easier said than done. Opening Munbug on my computer causes some pretty significant slowdowns. When I load it, the game stops responding for good amount of time. So I can see where they're coming from.

Loading it in the VAB causes enough slowdown to make it impossible to delete parts of it??

I can understand it slowing down on the launchpad... but in the VAB?... how do you manage to build you crazy craft Gus???

Actually... I might pick this back up this week and get those rocket stages redesigned. Very curious how the 64bit will effect performance.

I can have a look at a separate lander, but you will find it very difficult to incorporate on a conventional rocket design as the root part is at the bottom, not the top. So either needs a fairing constructed like munbug or would have to be upside down on your rocket.

Edited by Mulbin

I can understand it slowing down on the launchpad... but in the VAB?... how do you manage to build you crazy craft Gus???

Actually... I might pick this back up this week and get those rocket stages redesigned. Very curious how the 64bit will effect performance.

I can have a look at a separate lander, but you will find it very difficult to incorporate on a conventional rocket design as the root part is at the bottom, not the top. So either needs a fairing constructed like munbug or would have to be upside down on your rocket.

Hi Mulbin,

You could use the root part changing mod then upload the lander.

I have a really inadequate laptop, so I have to take my time when building things. The worst is when I'm working on something big and have to CTRL-Z. The game often hangs for a while when I undo things. Everything takes longer on my pc. :P

I have a really inadequate laptop, so I have to take my time when building things. The worst is when I'm working on something big and have to CTRL-Z. The game often hangs for a while when I undo things. Everything takes longer on my pc. :P

Really inadequate laptops FTW!

I'll build a heavenly desktop PC later this year. Until then, ~300 is the limit for acceptable FPS. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Starting with the S-IVB By an amazing coincidence it seems I made my old version exactly the same width as the new ARM parts... so my fairing fits perfectly on the new fuel tank :)

I noticed the same when I converted by Saturn V to 0.23.5. :) Very convenient.

Or this?

That's great! Thanks.

Second stage is causing some problems... will need to work out an engine config with enough DV. Testing out a possible J2 setup using clipped mainsails (2 mainsails per engine) but it might still be too weak, trying to save the really big engines for the first stage!

R9Uyd8r.jpg