17 x 9 px Flags of the Solar System

Holo

I have an unhealthy obsession with 17 x 9 px flags.

Main Flag Series

oPgzcS0.png

h774A5D.png

m7vxvPU.pngBzKYZ6D.png

L2ibNpF.pngAtmOpEJ.pngNz6sXVZ.png

AogZsNG.pngTDPz2yN.png

dj6SRZm.png

lWZ2Pnm.png95qU8kb.pngNFvCVoY.pngqBMRulX.pngnsOKm4Q.pnglQdD2Po.png

nxKyuJ8.png

If you want the backstory for any of the flags, I can explain all of them. You may also use these flags in your signature to show what planets you've visited, your favourite planet, etc.

Mission Flags

In these, the roman numerals represent the number of the moon (e.g. Laythe is Jool I). You could also use this to signify the number of probes you've sent there.

Flags designed to be attached to probes.

MZIciR5.png

iwvCFVa.png

etScWVF.pngm5Yz7nS.png

5Rh126J.pngYdl9ZuG.pngxSIXuVR.png

JZMrTXu.pngxvHkbUN.png

bRLyi1Q.png

9lsS84m.pngH5VTdWv.pngGNZkrKt.pngVHbRlIq.pngWtpM0sc.png5k5Sdfy.png

2OSSnM0.png

Debris flags, for craft that are uncontrolled, such as spent stages.

fDCoCMS.png

17PTFBy.png

xbO9g0s.png36zpi33.png

Wh4277l.pngIzZ67b9.pngayGDPGU.png

YYQQxio.pngNSLMI0d.png

2gl9RHw.png

yV0uhat.pngkLIykXk.pngSFwiCVq.pngaJqWdWJ.png0IPKye9.pngM5H2WRs.png

CzptJ55.png

Alternate Flags

'MERICAN flags, for all you patriots out there (no damn commies allowed!).

QOMSXVN.png

4KoWgX9.png

PPPDQbu.png0bajOUJ.png

UzOY84g.pngg1Gv2Yf.png1PdrhB8.png

z8cJbLw.pngL602uvH.png

99nWgte.png

ykgTKjO.pnggsO0k0c.pngve5ei1K.pngv1ak2eQ.pngVlHIpeS.pngOed0hZK.png

TfYLfQD.png

Size Charts

A chart of all of the planets of the solar system (and some of the large moons), requested by Xellith:

VMgboba.png

New Kerbal size charts, for a more civilised age.

oUeRisv.png

Edited by Holo

Wow, those look... Small.

--She

Sorry, I just had to do it :D

The reason they're small is because small ones are easy to make and they also look really nice.

What is this, a collection of flags for ants? :P

You'll notice that (as of posting) my avatar's also a 17x9 flag. I can't help it, I'm addicted to 17x9 px flags, man!

Or the pixel-phobic.

Not scared of pixels, I just really, really like rectangular groups of 153 pixels in an aspect ratio of approximately 2:1.

Edited by Holo

Not scared of pixels, I just really, really like rectangular groups of 153 pixels in an aspect ratio of approximately 2:1.

... That's quite the specific case of CDO you have there neighbour. I'm glad I'm not that bad.

... That's quite the specific case of CDO you have there neighbour. I'm glad I'm not that bad.

I have 331 little pixel flags as of today.

help me

Edited by Holo

What needs to happen now is to have a way to attach these flags to our ships. Would be fun to work on a lander to visit different planets and to put a new flag on our ship each time we did... though it might not be possible, i just thought it would be snazzy.

What needs to happen now is to have a way to attach these flags to our ships. Would be fun to work on a lander to visit different planets and to put a new flag on our ship each time we did... though it might not be possible, i just thought it would be snazzy.

That would be good. A way for Kerbals to sellotape 17 x 9 px flags to the side of the lander.

.........what is the appeal of these again? o.o

They're flags, and they are 17 by 9 pixels. How are you not seeing the appeal of it?

I don't know what the appeal actually is, I just find them really aesthetically pleasing.

.........what is the appeal of these again? o.o

I'm inclined to agree with Mr. Holo here, they're intriguing in an unusual way.

I think it's partly to do with how I've not seen things like them before. There's a certain artistic purity to the 17x9 layout, which I find adds to the minimalistic effect of the size of the image. I also enjoy the way in which they're not enlarged, which gives them the same sort of appeal a ship in a bottle might have.

Furthermore, the attitude of the aformentioned Mr. Holo appears to be one of intrigue in these flags, with an ignorance of reason, something that is quite unusual, yet also beneficial I find.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.