What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

What did I do? Well, I delivered a fuel tank to my Mun Base. It was very painful.

Why? Well, I realised that it didn't have any way of lifting it self, so I used a kerbal to lift it. Only to realise he wasn't strong enough, I used KAS to move some extra landing legs onto it. That worked, but it was slanted and wouldn't dock. So I reloaded a quicksave in search of another possible way only to realise (that I say realise alot) that quicksaving breaks docking ports. The two ports wouldn't dock, and I spent ages trying to find a way. So I got my kerbal on top of the fuel tank just so he wasn't in use. Well, he will never be in use ever again, because when I reloaded the quicksave, he sank in, yes, SANK IN to the tank all "Casper the ghost" style, and *poof!* He freaking died.....

With 41 (now 42) kerbals killed, I feel so guilty I will most likely have to restart the game. T^T

Update on my previous post:

The completed redesign of Freedom. Still lacks a couple components, such as the other Canadarms, experiments, various bits and bobs to be done in-orbit, and the truss extensions, but it's practically complete. And the large centrifuge module does actually behave as such.

11406760_901144673261986_2478969064059612171_o.jpg

Is that Scatterer? That looks really nice!

Yep. Got scatterer' date=' and E.V.E. running there. BTW, your station there is also looking pretty cool.

I broke the game.... again....

http://imgur.com/a/4njrk

I hope you insured that space center, looks like it's being swallowed up by Kerbin. Also, welcome to the kerbal forums!

With 41 (now 42) kerbals killed, I feel so guilty I will most likely have to restart the game. T^T

No! You must not let their sacrifice be in vain! I say press on, it's what they would have wanted.

Edited by Tw1

today I lost my station that was on its way to Duna. It was just coming to mid-course correction burn and I switched to it. It all went blank for a few moments, and when everything reappeared I only had stuck HUD and that space background. When I went back to KSC I had only space background with no planet or KSC or anything. I have restarted the game, everything works but station is no more visible in tracking station.

Working on a more refined version of my Buck Rogers "Thunderfighter". This one is less parts, looks a bit cooler, and has less drag... it is now (barely) SSTO capable. At least, I say "barely" because I am running deadly reentry, and thus far I have yet to strike a balance between going too fast and burning up on ascent, and using essentially ALL fuel reserves just to get into orbit.

E573EBEECB5215892D7824F699F6EFFD86ACB74A

A4E3821EFD70986335EDFA2DD0C64A3D4E10E773

668FC9134C60665B4984126F1C6E1CE996D4663E

B6E4E64C2C0474D33F05E483489A6F381DADF438

Also due to some tweaking, takeoff is much less likely to rip off the lower stabilizers :)

I returned to my old hobby of designing standardized launch vehicles. It quickly became evident that raising the target orbit from 120 km to 600 km leads into more interesting designs.

medium_lifter.jpeg

This rocket can lift around 40 tonnes to a 600 km orbit, while leaving no debris behind. The Mainsails and the Skipper have only 50% of their normal gimbal range, so the rocket will follow prograde nicely.

One other "little" side project... 8x LVT-30 and 3x LV-N exploration vessel... it may look familiar...

954F4568D2F11AF874448D8EB5534F4A0A3CBF12

A69306E32B1A64C74AD6DFC11D3905B9243E575D

D4E769120EA5B38131BB875EDCF6D7AD8809B729

Now, would anyone like to throw some suggestions my way as to how to get this thing into orbit other than hyperedit? ;)

With some tweaking, you'll be able to build this in orbit...

Most likely that will be what I will have to do... if I split it up into 2 parts I should be able to make a heavy lifter capable of making it happen. That engine section is going to be really difficult though.

Crazy thing is, I had originally intended it to be an SSTO propelled by RAPIERS :0.0:

Edited by Justicier

One other "little" side project... 8x LVT-30 and 3x LV-N exploration vessel... it may look familiar...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6184913859211763243/954F4568D2F11AF874448D8EB5534F4A0A3CBF12/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6184913859211763790/A69306E32B1A64C74AD6DFC11D3905B9243E575D/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/6184913859211764263/D4E769120EA5B38131BB875EDCF6D7AD8809B729/

Now, would anyone like to throw some suggestions my way as to how to get this thing into orbit other than hyperedit? ;)

I would transfer it into the VAB, flip it so that the cockpit / bridge is pointing up, then attach lifter sections to the docking ports on the sides and heavily strut them up. :)

Nice work btw. Now where is my ISD? :D

I am beginning my exploration of the Joolian system by sending a single launch rocket that brought a satellite, a small rover, and a floating probe to Laythe. I felt pretty proud of that. Besides that Joseph Kerman finally returned from his trip to Gilly and back, and I returned Valentina with Kerby Kerman. (Which by the way is a pretty epic name). I got a contract to return Kerby to Kerbin from orbit of Duna, but after I launched on the voyage to save her I noticed that Duna's moon, Ike, slingshotted her ship out onto solar orbit. So I had to do my first solar rendezvous which was actually very fun! A pretty good day in Kerbal Space Program.

Built a large orbital fuel refinery/space station destined for Ike:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The station consists of three different vehicles: a resource scanning satellite (because I didn't bother sending one first), a robotic surface mining rig, and an orbital station that has the ISRU and has a Mk3 passenger module, so it has a 16 Kerbal capacity. It has one Docking Port Sr., two regular docking ports, and two Jr. docking ports. It's powered by a single skipper; I didn't really feel like dealing with LV-Ns, since the skipper alone will get it there and has a reasonable TWR.