What do you name your space agencies?

GalaxyGryphon

• 3 months later...

My is the Ouion Federal Space agency. The subgroup of my space Agency is the 1st Nuclear Missile Army regiment 6.

(yes,we do launch nuclear missiles and some warheads are fake and real,but you can't tell the difference.)

I haven't really decided what to call my company/government, I want it to be something along same lines as Star Trek, where the whole world gets together to explore space, and I also just started using Fractals Interstellar mod. My first name idea was Federation of United Kerbals but that had a very unfortunate acronym. Then I thought Federation of Savage Kerbals, the acronym is much less unfortunate, but the name implies my Kerbals are Savages, and a savage couldn't build a rocket, so I threw that out. I then thought Icarus Space Agency, but Icarus is used as a fable to teach people to not reach beyond their means and if my Kerbals did that they would never get off the ground, also I want it to be a world government, not an agency. That’s all the PR department could think of and I'm told the PR department consists of a peanut shell, some brain matter, they told me not to ask where that came from so I didn't, and a nine volt battery.

So we are still working on a name but the program is going well, we have orbited the Mun and Minmus and our astronauts made it home safely with all the gooey science intact. We have a very strict safety policy and all manned flights must be tested unmanned first and then provided with a means of escape should something go wrong. We have had only two deaths so far and both were caused by an entity that my scientists have named "The Kraken". We are working on an anti-Kraken system but research is going slowly due to one of my scientists missing a small part of his brain, no one knows where that’s gone to.

We love the names others have come up with and my PR department is hard at work using those names for inspiration Thank you for that everyone.

P.S. I saw someone that has an Irish space agency, St. Patricks day must be very easy for Kerbals, they are already green. :)

My save doesn't have any special name, because I only use the one, besides career mode.

I really like the idea of spacefaring corporations, Wayland-Yutani, SpaceX, etc, so the name I use is Arakyd Industries, after the robotics company in Star Wars. Not for any particular reason other than it sounds cool. I even have a flag, photoshopped by yours truly.

ebzzLc2.png

The parent organization is called AlTi AD inc. Aluminum Titainium Aerospace and Defense Incorporated

PH1VIue.png

With a privet space naval force. Called the Naval Academy

nZQnicl.jpg

The goal of the Alti corporation is to engineer ships for both commercial use and military use.

Edited by camulus777

First I thought of something like - Agency of Controlled Explosions [ACE], but then decided that I'm not so much into explosions and went with basic Aerospace Research Bureau [ARB]. And no, I didn't like SRB either (with space instead of aerospace for naming sake), I'm not into SRBs.

First I thought of something like - Agency of Controlled Explosions [ACE], but then decided that I'm not so much into explosions and went with basic Aerospace Research Bureau [ARB]. And no, I didn't like SRB either (with space instead of aerospace for naming sake), I'm not into SRBs.

Heh. My space program is led by Space Research Bureau :P. I don't have a custom flag yet, but i know how will it look.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.