What do you name your space agencies?

GalaxyGryphon

Except the Kerbal Space Programm I have only a Company, aiding the Programm with Parts, Ships and Technology, that Company is N-Tech AeroSpace Solutions (NT-AS)

N-Tech is currently also cooparating with the German Aeronautic and Spaceflight Engineers Kerbin (gasek) and their Rover Development Department

I am planning, for Version .20, to create the Society for the Exploration and Study of Air and Space on Kerbin an Beyond (SESASKB), so I can form a Joint Venture between N-Tech and the society (and have a reason to make some more Flags :D )

Well back in the ol' days, when the terrain was different, and the roleplaying section was filled with people, I had a small archipelago called the Panichio Islands. But after one update where they changed the terrain a bit, the islands disappeared, but I still had my space station up in orbit. I thought it would be cool to think that the entire space program is being managed from outer space, while others launch our rockets or something, and so my space agency is named after the Panichio International Space Station - PISS, for short. :P

Traverse Space Agency, a large and powerful multinational organization. Since it's widely regarded as the pinnacle of Kerbal intellectual and scientific development, its engineers and scientists are free to do whatever they want in the knowledge that it'll be automatically regarded as genius (c.f. its brilliant satellite docking... I mean, ASAT missile test). Its top priority is bringing Kerbals home safely. Its second priority is launching things that look cool. Preventing property damage and recovering launch vehicles... ehh, that's somewhere down the list.

I started off naming most of the spaceships after Greco-Roman stuff. Then I started running out of stuff, so I named things I landed on the mün after marine life. Now I just call stuff what it's supposed to do, with a few exceptions.

"M5000 playing the game"

Or, if I'm feeling particularly giddy, Nexus Intelligent Systems, Incorporated, or NISI.

We have the following divisions relevant to KSP:

Aerospace Division: We play with planes and high-atmosphere stuff.

Orbital Mechanics Division: We're pretty much stuck in vacuum. Never really deal with planetary stuff.

Rocketry Division: We make things go up and not come back down.

Testing, Research, and Development Division: We don't have to actually build anything, we just play with the stuff that the other divisions give us.

Mission Control and Project Management Division: The stuff that's actually on TV and that people care about.

Roving and Exploration Division: We make wheels do wheel things, and look deep into space.

Mining and Profiteering Division: We learn how to make money from space.

Entry, Descent, and Landing Division: We keep things alive when they inevitably come back down. Don't listen to the Rocketry guys.

Environmental Protection, Health, and Safety Division: We're horribly underfunded. It is said that the entire staff consists of a single sentient but static hardhat.

• 4 weeks later...

Nexus Orbital Technologies and Aerospace (N.O.T.A). I haven't actually done anything with it, but I imagine the flag would be the Android Nexus "X" logo. I had "OTSA" (Orpheus Technologies and Space Administration) but it was only for a short story I wrote.

Kerpton = Crypton (Future Media), who made a computer program that happens to be my favorite singer.

Aero-Space Development Agency = based on the Japan Aerospace eXploration Agency and the NAtional Space Development Agency of Japan (which existed before JAXA)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.