Your Biggest Fail in KSP!

gmpd2000

Whats your biggest fail in KSP?

Mine is i deorbited a station with debris in a retrograde orbit.

So, Whats yours?

(I posted this because my other Thread was killed in the Great Purge of April)

To many to isolate one, last one that comes to mind is from a few days ago.

I had just completed assembling (in orbit) the main parts of my latest space station , so the Miuz II spacecraft, designed to bring 10 kerbals from KSC to it and back, was launched to start populating it. I launched it, docked it with the station completely manually just to find out that i had forgotten the kerbals on the ground......................................

I don't know what happened, but it wasn't my fault I swear! I didn't even get to press space bar. :confused:

ODBAUmk.gif

At least everyone survived. Just docking clamps, four parachutes and command pod left out of 500 parts.

I made a nice ring system for kerbin after so many space station that were attempts to make them orbit the mun.Also another one was send my first kerbal on the mun in .20 ,but i forgot the parachute...Jeb is going to stay there till I can learn how to make a rescue craft.

Building a lander and kethane mining transpot for Duna, launching, burning for duna about 100 days later, getting into orbit spending about 2 weeks scanning for kethane and landing on a kethane deposit, going EVA to get into the transport, drilling kethane, turning on the converter and realising I forgot a fuel line.

Karolus10: Double posting, second post has been removed and merged bellow - please using "Edit Post option", thank You.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So many times after transferring to the Mun and landing base parts I hit End Flight instead of Space Centre. They need to move that button!!!

Sometimes I think "Yes, that is what i want to do, I want to end flying and go to the space centre, do something else then control this ship again" and have to stop myself ending the flight.

Even just a blank button space inbetween would do it to conceptually separate the buttons. Make it red. Anything to make it different. Big red circle saying `abort` would be nice but that is me, old school as far as buttons and controls go.

Edited by karolus10

My latest? Setting up a massive interplanetary ship to fly the solar system. Heading for Eve, but having nothing worthy for landing. That's ok, I think, I can swing by and land on Gilly. Oh, were orbiting the wrong way for a landing/intercept. Ok, so 1 planetary flyby and one moon flyby and we can go to Moho. Oh, that ton of fuel I brought? Should have been 2 tons, I rand out of fuel just about on Moho. Got back into a 30km orbit, and am awaiting an emergency re-supply. Lemry, Lenry and Guslin have a long wait. But at least Guslin got to land on Moho... after help from Big Brother Lenry. :P

clss4.jpg

Yes, the large lander had to drop off the small lander so Guslin could claim a "mission success" and still make it back. Next time pack a bigger return craft!

PS, when sending up a tanker with fuel to the delivery craft (An upgraded version of the large lander above), I was on the dark side of Kerbin for a little bit too long and rand out of auxiliary battery power. So it's attempt 2 at refueling. :P

Edited by Technical Ben

Sometimes I think "Yes, that is what i want to do, I want to end flying and go to the space centre, do something else then control this ship again" and have to stop myself ending the flight.

Before switching to the Space Centre I "take control" of some of the debris littering my LKO band. Then it doesn't matter if I end flight or not :cool: Mind you, I've used the same save since 0.18 so its a really lazy way of clearing up after myself to be honest. When Kerbin has rings you know you have a problem :wink:

On Topic: I launched a full Apollo XI style mission and forgot to put a docking port on the lander...

Edit: Grammar

Sending a small robot rover to Laythe. Got all the way into Jool's orbit. Burning fuel to get into Laythe orbit. I needed abouut 10 more seconds of fuel but then I run out and am left orbiting Jool.

When I timewarp into to Mun and I can't restart flight or reload to the previous quicksave. This has happened so many times to me. I have to restart my game eachtime. This is why I contain Jeb,Bob and Bill in a space station.

Yesterday was my first attempt at getting to Duna. I flew into Duna orbit with plenty of delta v leftover to descend and return, but I botched the landing and the command capsule fell off the ship. Erfrey tried his hardest to reattach it but to no avail. I don't use save and reload. Whatever happens happens. Yolo.

2013052400003.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know how to quicksave. That has been a huge issue for me.

F5 to quicksave, and F9 to quickload.

My biggest failure? I can't tell you how many times I have complete a trip to either one of the moons or another planet, and just as I am returning, I remember I forget the parachutes...

When I landed on the Mun instead of just jumping in EVA I had the UI off didn't know I was controlling the ship and accidentally decoupled the capsule....

Another reason I always bring the landing part with me, but the main reason is I feel like its a part of history, now with flags I'm leaving the lander where it landed along with a flag and ending the flight on the kerbal instead. But the lander part also leaves you with an engine to help slow down in case the parachutes don't slow you down enough before the fully deploy :)

Designed rocket to carry my brand new (and first) rover to the Mun!

Everything worked out first try, orbit, approach and landing.

Decoupled really excited (since this was great success so far) - to see that I really suck at balancing...

rDbezaq.png

I don't know how to quicksave. That has been a huge issue for me.

I already lost almost half-dozen kerbals on Mun alone before I knew about quicksaving. Nevertheless I'm training myself not to rely on it, and only to be used in high-risk situations...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.