Warthunder - WWII Vehicular Combat Sim

chobit-389

Necroing thread for a quick question to anyone who is playing Warthunder.

I would like to hear how many of you guys would like to have a squadron made for the users on the ksp forums, if it is the case that many want it to be made I'll spend some of the golden eagles I have lying around on making one, If not I'm not going to create it.

Also I'm back to playing, I got repression from not substituting my addiction.

/saying it as vile as I can think of.

Just going to derail with a single little funny moment I just had:

So I killed a bomber, apparently it was someone's kill because a guy then started to fire upon me, he did this through the whole game, I proceeded to laugh my ass off at his expense as I just kept evading the guy the rest of the game, I might only have gotten one kill because of him, but it was well worth it.

Edited by Manifest

Because was a freaking 37 mm cannon round you where firing, you crazed woman!

The damned thing would have killed me if it as much as scraped me! Do you want me to die?!

I also know you can actually aim, this guy was just terrible.

Like, holy-crap-learn-to-shot-you-massive-failure-of-a-pilot-no-wonder-the-bomber-didn't-die-from-you're-strafing-run bad

Edited by Manifest

Oh no, a 37mm cannon... I've learnt the hard way not to go face to face with a aircraft with that in its nose...

Satcharna has been trying to kill Manifest? Ok...

Edit: What about being hit in the engine Manifest, with the 37mm. Sure, it would blow it up but you could still glide and land?

Edited by LeonG17

I was once rammed when I was in a Ki-43, with its light construction, by a wildcat, I think...

The wildcat crashed and I flew on :D

Unfortunately, one of the landing gears were ripped off, that I found out on the landing approach...

I had to do a wheels up landing, and meant the Ki-43 couldn't be repaired as it got too much damage on the landing

Getting hit in the engine still means your plane is more than likely going to get ripped apart,

at least if the bullet functions as it is supposed to in the game (there are still bugs where some bullets don't register on impact).

The thing is that the bullets are explosive fragments, meaning it will literally make a little explosion on your plane.

If it was real life one of those bullets would rip even light bombers apart,

if it was heavy bomber that got hit in the wing it would make it absolutely useless.

So, one of my Catalinas has Special Delivery painted on the upper wing surface.

The other one says Slow but Sure.

And I have had so many people laugh at these two as they rip the wings off with a hail of bullets, that it's actually worth flying the catalinas just for the humor.

Still overall level 7. America 4, Germany 4, Japan 3, UK 3, Russia 0.

Not liking the new Pylon system for bombers, although I am glad the update fixed the graphics problem. Even my old IGP is actually able to get up to nearly 60 FPS now.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I finally figured out how to use the MiG-3 properly. It's a high-altitude interceptor, but I wasn't aware that the flight models simulated altitudes yet. Suddenly, I realize that the plane is great for diving at bombers. It's just such a shame it takes so long to get to the proper altitude.

I was once rammed when I was in a Ki-43, with its light construction, by a wildcat, I think...

The wildcat crashed and I flew on :D

Unfortunately, one of the landing gears were ripped off, that I found out on the landing approach...

I had to do a wheels up landing, and meant the Ki-43 couldn't be repaired as it got too much damage on the landing

I had something of the same problem. I was in my spitfire mk II when some one crashed into me, but it looked like I was fine. Then I noticed that I couldn't pitch very well and the back was quite damaged. Also if anyone was killed yesterday by Hurricane mk II using rockets that was me Captain_Doug and I like the spitfire.

User: Drakesdoom

American Bomber Pilot

Mainly in PBY for now

Also historically the PBY was an odd plane and was critical in the defense against the Japanese in Alaska. Unfortunately they don't let you dive bomb with it like it was actually used.

has there been anymore changes since the economy patch? last i checked it was nearly impossible (ok very difficult) to get past level 10 without paying
There have been some fixes, and I believe it's possible to get past rank 10 without constant payments now. The next big patch is apparently going to be a major fix to the economy though.

I still haven't managed since I suck at the game. :(

Which control scheme do you guys use?

Many people seem to use mouse in Youtube videos but I'd prefer keyboard since I don't have a joystick.

That is because it sounds too easy in mouse, it just turns the plane where you want, but I want to control Yaw, Pitch and Roll myself.

I guess most use joystick but could be wrong.

Which control scheme do you guys use?

Many people seem to use mouse in Youtube videos but I'd prefer keyboard since I don't have a joystick.

That is because it sounds too easy in mouse, it just turns the plane where you want, but I want to control Yaw, Pitch and Roll myself.

I guess most use joystick but could be wrong.

I used a joystick, it's a cheap Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I use a mouse for aiming and flying but keep my other hand on WSADQE for fancy maneuvers.

I almost always suck at flying and playing these kinds of games, but for some reason I am getting really good and enjoying the game. I usually log in at least once a day and play for a win in each army if they are running bonus points (2x or 5x). Otherwise I'll fly a US mission and one or two of the other armies.

If they can pull of the ground and naval aspect as well as they've done air, this gonna be a sweet game.

Cheers

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

I visited some ships a few weeks ago that had some of the planes in the game, the USS North Carolina had one of the last remaining Kingfishers, and the USS Yorktown had a Dauntless and a Wildcat (and a lot of others that I can't remember). In real life they are WAY larger than I thought they would be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.