Show off your B9 Designs!

@eddiew: 0.66 is not low TWR by any means! slightly mismatched materials is a B9 thing yeah, you'll stop noticing it after a while.

Heh, well, it is given that I've always aimed for 0.75 or higher :) I have a feeling some of my designs are unintentionally draggy; only recently discovered the right-click drag display! And thanks, I'll stop worrying about textures now then ^^

Latest iteration of my cargo delivery spaceplane.

Sleek stuff :) And yeah, delta-wing cargo drones are hard, what with having no obvious forward counterweight options. Best heavy lifter I have is mid-wing with the mounted way forward to keep the CoM sensible.

I've been playing with the HX parts for some time now, they're really quite excellent! Working on a large, modular design nicknamed the SDF-3 for now (SDF-0?). It's too big for the hangers, so I chopped it into a top and bottom section, made launchers for each, and then attached the bridge separately. Also made a large refueler for it, which worked like a charm. HX parts can be tricky at first, but they really help with lag! The whole thing here has under a thousand parts, with many of them being merely cosmetic (lights, little windows, and decorations on the bridge section).

AYOXgqE.jpg

(album)

http://imgur.com/a/DUe3R#0

I may need to redo the tail section and the bridge, for better in-flight stability (one HX dock isn't really enough to hold that thing tight, it wobbles under thrust but the ship does fine). Then I'll work on a larger docking hanger for beneath, and maybe two more big thruster modules on the sides. I'm having a lot of fun with the HX stuff and it's really challenging! Breathed a lot of life back into the game, for me.

(I can't figure out how to make the album show up here? Any hints?)

You mean like this one ?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

In your case, value for album is "DUe3R", just write that between imgur tag. You can find more info here.

I was having hard time until I figured out why it was not work for me to show albums properly. All times I was tried to put album inside spoiler tag. That was beoke imgur album on some browsers.

Hey peeps, first post to this thread (I think), and hoping you can help me. I'm working on a little S2 spaceplane because I needed a generous capacity to carry some Station Science experiments and scientists around in Kerbin's SOI.

Overall very happy with the performance at this point; FAR stable at all likely altitudes and speeds, hits LKO with 3100 delta-v or more. Relatively low TWR of 0.66 on the runway, but seriously low drag so it gets away with it better than any stock design I've made. ~32km before the first jets flameout. Great start, feel sure it'll be Minmus capable in the end!

But... dem textures... whaaaiiii does the S2 cargo bay not match the tail? :( This angle actually makes it look better than it usually is; for the most part, that bay is significantly whiter than any other part of the body, and the tail seems to match the mk2 nacelles rather than any other S2 components. Is this just a normal thing with B9, or have I screwed up my install somehow? Advice appreciated :)

http://i.imgur.com/QSA0Q4q.jpg

(B9 Procedural Parts wings - awesome.)

If only I could get B9 Procedural wings to work with my install. I really wanted to try them but the creator has been little help.

If only I could get B9 Procedural wings to work with my install. I really wanted to try them but the creator has been little help.

Well bac9 tends to take extended leaves from the forums, so he probably just hasn't read it.

Oh, and on the off chance, that you haven't read this in the OP for that thread and this is actually your issue:

You must use the latest development version of FAR to avoid certain issues with part attachment caused by changes in 0.90.

Well bac9 tends to take extended leaves from the forums, so he probably just hasn't read it.

Oh, and on the off chance, that you haven't read this in the OP for that thread and this is actually your issue:

Did all of that. It is weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey everyone,

This is my first Post - And here is my first SSTO. It is actually very easy to get into space but has just a little dV left.

Edit: Including the gallery doesn't seem to work. So here is the imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/bkqPK#2

Hope you guys like it :)

Regards,

Lorunification

Welcome to the forums but to post an imgur album just do this.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Which should look like this in code [ imgur ] bkqPK [ / imgur] no spaces.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I remember posting my Antonov in here. its a shame that the B9 maintenance port doesn't work for me, or I would touch it up and serve it to you fine folks

Err, what doesn't work? If you've installed the dependencies correctly, almost everything should be functional at this point.

This is probably still my ultimate craft, even if it's my first working SSTO design.

It's a rotary-winged rocket that generates lift for the first 3000m of flight via a rotating center section supporting a massive thrust-winged rotor (1940s German concept: Triebfluegel). The rotor can also be used as a fixed X-Wings for forward flight, or acting as a spinning airbrake and autorotating rotor for unpowered landings after re-entry.

The rotor system is articulated and rotor mode is controlled by setting the relevant pitch angle.

10/10 will construct for 1.0.4 whenever B9 is updated.

ok2Q7kB.jpg

nwcFuMQ.jpg

Edited by pandoras kitten

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like things have slowed down here quite conciderably. Come on people, B9 has a working pre-release. Get on it :wink:.

Well time to comit my first entry to this thread. I help maintain B9 Aerospace so I ought to do this.

So without further gibberish lets get to the heart of the matter. I proudly present you:

The Swiftwind SSTO

dEKMWig.jpg

zpzSD5W.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/vars1

It is equipped with 3 OPT J-92 Shcramjets and 2 B9 SABRE M as you can see. I picked that engine setup during the WIP phase and it never changed it works just that good. On empty load it manages to orbit Kerbin with the tanks half full. With the full possible load, one orange tank and 2 grey tanks of the same size it has still one third of the LF/OX it started with. The orbit flight profile is pretty simple: A 20 degree climb on full burn until the OPT J-92s kick into high gear, level out to speed up, a 10 degree climb when it reaches about 800 m/s, switch the SABREs to rocket mode or let them autoswitch, burn until you reach the target altitude, circularize and you are done.

In orbit it has a full suite of B9 RCS thrusters to make maneuvering easy, since it is kind of sluggish with reaction wheels only. It might even spin out of control without the RCS in use.

Re-entry needs to happen from a low orbit or the cockpit will overheat and even from a low orbit you might be red-lining it. Using the airbrakes and pulling up the nose to 30 degrees to slow down as quickly as possible is getting one through that. About 2000 OX can not be used and must be pumped to the front tanks since the dry COM is behind the COL. The SSTO is so heavy that it has two drag chutes to slow it down on the runway. Breaks and airbrakes are barely enough to slow it down when you manage to make use of the entire length of the runway. The chutes make it save.

Mods used: B9-Aerospace, B9 Procedural Parts, OPT, RealChute Parachute System, Aviation Lights

• 1 year later...
On 3/14/2015 at 9:39 PM, JaredTheDragon said:

I've been playing with the HX parts for some time now, they're really quite excellent! Working on a large, modular design nicknamed the SDF-3 for now (SDF-0?). It's too big for the hangers, so I chopped it into a top and bottom section, made launchers for each, and then attached the bridge separately. Also made a large refueler for it, which worked like a charm. HX parts can be tricky at first, but they really help with lag! The whole thing here has under a thousand parts, with many of them being merely cosmetic (lights, little windows, and decorations on the bridge section).

AYOXgqE.jpg

(album)

http://imgur.com/a/DUe3R#0

I may need to redo the tail section and the bridge, for better in-flight stability (one HX dock isn't really enough to hold that thing tight, it wobbles under thrust but the ship does fine). Then I'll work on a larger docking hanger for beneath, and maybe two more big thruster modules on the sides. I'm having a lot of fun with the HX stuff and it's really challenging! Breathed a lot of life back into the game, for me.

(I can't figure out how to make the album show up here? Any hints?)

any chance of having this craft file?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.