The one thing that really grinds your gears.

Mercy

same here... it's like they expect you to just stand there and get punched...

No, really.

In the last few weeks, he's been turning my own friends against me, and taunts me when I try to reply back. I seriously am thinking about "to hell with civilized" and just assaulting him-followed up by all-out cyber bullying attack. That's my nuclear option.

Seriously now, he's even acting racist and insulting my dignity and family.

I hate logic...

No, really.

In the last few weeks, he's been turning my own friends against me, and taunts me when I try to reply back. I seriously am thinking about "to hell with civilized" and just assaulting him-followed up by all-out cyber bullying attack. That's my nuclear option.

you could sue for slander...

No, really.

just force him to throw the first punch you will still get in truble but most of the time teachers and staff will let you of easy. but use this only as a last resort never resort to vilance at first sign of truble

• 2 weeks later...

Bronies/MLP

If you're a 7 year old girl watching MLP, I'm perfectly fine with that. If you're a 17 year old guy who is obsessed with it, then prepare for me to get very politically incorrect and very blunt very fast (like I will now).

I don't care about being intolerant or offensive: the fact that a 17 year old boy likes this show is just weird. It is also annoying how said 17 year old boy is willing to defend his bronie-ness to the death. By doing so, the only point he is proving is that of the non-bronies/haters (a.k.a: sane people): that he is a weird immature creep. Also, not everything needs to have ponies in it.

Examples:

Back to the future=awesome. Buck to the future=Nooo! *headdesk

Dr. Who=cool. Dr.hooves=stupid

KSP=insanely awesome. Pony SP= Instant annihilation by Jeb.

Bronies/MLP

If you're a 7 year old girl watching MLP, I'm perfectly fine with that. If you're a 17 year old guy who is obsessed with it, then prepare for me to get very politically incorrect and very blunt very fast (like I will now).

I don't care about being intolerant or offensive: the fact that a 17 year old boy likes this show is just weird. It is also annoying how said 17 year old boy is willing to defend his bronie-ness to the death. By doing so, the only point he is proving is that of the non-bronies/haters (a.k.a: sane people): that he is a weird immature creep. Also, not everything needs to have ponies in it.

Examples:

Back to the future=awesome. Buck to the future=Nooo! *headdesk

Dr. Who=cool. Dr.hooves=stupid

KSP=insanely awesome. Pony SP= Instant annihilation by Jeb.

you can think what you want just don't force others to think like you.

Edit: I think this quote does it better

MLP:FiM is one of my most favorite shows of all time. I adore the characters, the writing, and the scenarios these characters are put in. It's a very good, well animated show that hearkens back to old saturday morning cartoons in some ways, and modern cartoons in others.

It's just a fun show, with plenty of good moral lessons and excellent presentation. Anyone who's irate about the bronies breaking a gender boundary should check back into the 1950s. People will always like something you dislike, that's a fact of life, and the mature thing to do would be to simply accept it.

In detail, Season 1 was a great start, 2 was extremely strong from start to finish (Especially finish! Dat finale, however d'aw it was..!) and 3 was -okay-, and the coinciding film, "Equestria Girls" was. Uh. Well. Extremely meh. Derpy or Fluttershy is also best pony. After months of waiting for ponies, here I am once again, every saturday afternoon, watching a show I genuinely enjoy.

There are not many things that really, truly make me happy. This is one of those things, and no single force on earth could take that from me. None should. I enjoy science fiction of several types, transhumanism theory, cybernetic research and development, and advanced in medicine that make humanity a better, more worthwhile species to be a part of. I also enjoy space, and almost anything involving it.

But I also happen to enjoy a fun, cute, enjoyable show about small pastel horses, and this unnerves a few people I know. It makes me sad, not for myself, but for them, that they're so hung up that they must ridicule someone for something they believe as childish and ridiculous, when they themselves have their own childish or ridiculous interests, because if there is one truth, being an adult doesn't take away with little bit of you is still a ten year old kid that just likes to have fun.

For what it's worth also, MLP:FiM has introduced me to several extremely nice people who are all but family to me at this point, has helped me be more comfortable in my identity, and has made me a generally happier, more open person. It came at a crucial point in my life, and it'll always have a special place in my heart for that. It's given me common interest with countless people I would call friends, perhaps to the end, and that alone is worth the ridicule of those around me in my personal life.

This is not my final post on this matter. This is not me giving an ultimatum, or brokering a deal.

This is me simply saying, I am who I am, any and all of us are, and nothing, noone, can change that. That should never happen.

tl;dr, I like ponies and if that's not okay with you, put on your big boy pants and accept it, or don't. It doesn't matter to me and nothing can change it.

What really grinds my gears is the fact that society is the one to decide what I am allowed to like and dislike, and I am to have no say in the matter. I think it's weird and odd that teenagers/men watch a tv show for little girls, but I am proud to be weird. At least I'm an individual who can make their own decisions on what they like and dislike and not under the influence of social pressures. Like awsumindyman said a brony will defend themself to the death so there is really no point in hating on us is there?

"It's weird to not be weird" - John Lennon

People who fail to really learn about something and they either create their own evidence or they use a rumor they heard to defend their claim. Especially when it involves space flight. I am tired of telling people that rocket launches are not the thing eating up the national budget. The worst was when someone tried to tell me it takes $60 to fill up his car so space flight must be expensive because of the fuel. Then again this is the same guy who claims martians are real and that is why we never have been to Mars. Despite me telling him about the four rovers.

What really grinds my gears is the fact that society is the one to decide what I am allowed to like and dislike, and I am to have no say in the matter. I think it's weird and odd that teenagers/men watch a tv show for little girls, but I am proud to be weird. At least I'm an individual who can make their own decisions on what they like and dislike and not under the influence of social pressures. Like awsumindyman said a brony will defend themself to the death so there is really no point in hating on us is there?

"It's weird to not be weird" - John Lennon

Very well said, good sir!

Edited by quasarrgames

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I hope no one minds if I revive this one. It has a nice name and deserves to live!

- People who make tutorial videos where they make you watch them type their instructions into Notepad.

- And people who make tutorials that don't show you the final product right at the beginning.

The fact that I'm practically considered a boy because I'm tall, kind of strong, and have a low voice. Wanna trade bodies? :P

The fact that now I cannot stop imagining you talking with

voice. send help

On topic: What really grinds my gears is when people claim that the SLS will be a failure... I personally like it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.