Mun lander kit Posted

MaryG

Well to scale for Kerbals I would think a B-tech Union would be around 12-15 meters.

Their what a foot tall? considering that three can fit in a 1m capsule...

Never mind the absurd fuel efficiency of Battletech fusion engines (all military dropships use 1.84 tons (metric) of regular hydrogen per day at 1G acceleration).

ok guys ??? I\'ll get started on the dropship. I\'ll make it as large as I can but I have the feeling its going to be a bit lumbering to fly :) check back later tonight, after all I just got home and haven\'t made dinner yet :)

ok all :) the original IS based on the Aries 1B. it will get released here as soon as I can get the texztures and cfg\'s set right. right now it makes orbit by itself with enough fuel to deorbit and land... mostly ;) and as I said earlier tonight, here\'s an in prog pic of the union dropship. scale is 12 meters in diameter. any larger and it wont fit on the pad. enjoy!

ok all :) the original IS based on the Aries 1B. it will get released here as soon as I can get the texztures and cfg\'s set right. right now it makes orbit by itself with enough fuel to deorbit and land... mostly ;) and as I said earlier tonight, here\'s an in prog pic of the union dropship. scale is 12 meters in diameter. any larger and it wont fit on the pad. enjoy!

That looks great so far.

ok folks :) here\'s a in prog pic of the dropship. it\'s 12 meters in diameter for the body. needless to say, takeoff is a tad dicey, without hitting the tower :) it has enough fuel to make orbit and land again, and just make orbit a 2nd time. still finishing and tweaking but will be done withing 2 days :D

ok folks :) here\'s a in prog pic of the dropship. it\'s 12 meters in diameter for the body. needless to say, takeoff is a tad dicey, without hitting the tower :) it has enough fuel to make orbit and land again, and just make orbit a 2nd time. still finishing and tweaking but will be done withing 2 days :D

Wooooaaahhhh! 8)

Are you making both? Or have you totally dumped the good ship in favour of the pathetically stupid one?

heh, both :) I have the ripo.... er munlander that sort of resembles a unamed craft from a certain movie :-[ thats all but finished. I also have the dropship that was asked about. I\'m trying to fix them so assembly isn\'t quite so involved, but failing that I\'ll release a .craft file with them so folks can use that if they prefer ;D

I tried to load this thing, and it failed.. Looking at the .craft file, then the .rar that you used for upload.. There\'s a part missing.

The advanced SAS for the lander. I had a feeling there was something missing, as it would have left a gap between the RCS tank (Which I haven\'t been able to get on for the life of me, help!) and the main fuel tank. The pack could probably use a few minor tweaks, but so far it\'s looking good.

I\'m having problems attaching the crew pod, What is the pod supposed to be attached to?

Is it the hole on top of the RCS tank?

If so, i can\'t attach it there. :/

Seems like a bug or something.

Please see first post in the thread. Instructions are there, or you can load the craft file :)

Also, just noticed this - The lander doesn\'t load from the .craft file due to a minor typo in naming one of the parts, that is, the cap. Minor edit (Capital \'m\' to lowercase), but I thought I\'d let everyone know.

Also, the pod still doesn\'t fit for some reason, bleh. Yes, I am using the stock pod.

hmmm. ok I\'ll see if I can get it working a bit better and re-upload if I can. the pod always gives me a bit of a hassle. usually tho, if the craft is assembled on top of the capsule, minus the cap of course, then the section that holds the capsule can be brought down and locked in place. the rest assembles easy. I\'ll get back to work on it :) (am also halfway thru making the full discovery vessel with minor changes so this lander is in place of the original control and habitation sphere :D)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.