Discussions on the Kerbal Anatomy.

Milo Kurtiss

How do Kerbals reproduce?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How do Kerbals reproduce?

So, I was thinking the other day about how Kerbals came to be and how they reproduce so fast, and I came up with this idea.

What if...the Kerbals didn't lay eggs or didn't grow from plants, but instead went through a process of induced binary fission? Here's how I think it would work.

1. Kerbal is lead to a small chamber where a Kerbal scientist injects a drug into it's system.

2. Shortly before the Kerbal begins to divide, it develops a "split personality". These are actually the personalities of the 2 Kerbals that will divide from the first.

3. Kerbal then begins to develop a small groove between each eye. This then grows into a deep crack before the Kerbal finally splits into two smaller Kerbals.

I know that this might not be the most stable of Kerbal reproduction theories, but it seems to fit with the multiple personalities of Kerbals and how every time you crash a craft and kill some Kerbals, there's always two, three or more to replace the ones gone. Either way, feel free to discuss your theories of how Kerbals reproduce, and the Kerbal anatomy.

-Milo Kurtiss, esteemed Kerbal scientist.

My theory:

Kerbals are created in a factory, the factory workers were too lazy to give them unique names, so that explains why the "same kerbals" keep coming back from the dead. Each name also hints to the workers how they should create that Kerbal. For example, if they got a package saying "Jebediah Kerman" on it, with lots of green goop inside, they would know to make that Kerbal incredibly idiotic. How they create the Kerbals inside the factory will remain a mystery, some think that its like play-dough and you mold it into the shape, some think it is some other extremely complicated way. But one thing's for sure, they all like corn dogs.

That's my theory. Far fetched? Heh, I think not!

Kerbin's air is full of spores, far too tiny to see with the naked eye, which naturally seek out and adhere to command capsules. Any time someone builds a manned spaceship, or a piloted plane, the spores rapidly accrue inside and form one or more fully-grown Kerbals. That's why there's always an infinite stream of new Kerbonauts, regardless of how many you kill, and also why the only signs of (modern) civilisation on Kerbin are the two space centres and the airstrip. There literally isn't anything else to Kerbal civilisation.

Kerbin's air is full of spores, far too tiny to see with the naked eye, which naturally seek out and adhere to command capsules. Any time someone builds a manned spaceship, or a piloted plane, the spores rapidly accrue inside and form one or more fully-grown Kerbals. That's why there's always an infinite stream of new Kerbonauts, regardless of how many you kill, and also why the only signs of (modern) civilisation on Kerbin are the two space centres and the airstrip. There literally isn't anything else to Kerbal civilisation.

I totally dig this! And it sure could make future wars fun.

I've always thought they divided like cells, myself. They take the first part of the original's name and apply a new suffix (Lodbart > Lodbart & Lodemone)
If a dev says so, it is so. (This is a reasonably-justifiable statement, too).

I don't believe in evolution, but I understand what little I could to come up with the theory of how they formed.

In the first few years of the kerbal race, small lizards, started standing on their hind legs, to get low hanging fruit from the trees. After millions of years of doing this, they started standing and walking on their hind legs. Predators brought the new species close to extinction, moving them into caves were the large predators could not go. The predators soon go extinct from hunger, being that their only food supply reclines in caves all their lives. Within the caves, the small kerbals were forced to live off of small amounts of algae, and the little water that trickled into it. It is here in the caves of kerbin, that the kerbals gained their large eyes. The small amount of light that came in forced their eyes to larger sizes, so they can see better. It was not for a million years after this, that kerbals, as we see them now emerged from their caves. In the desert, were they made the great pyramids for a dead ruler, who was sculpted in giant proportions outside of his tomb. But a UFO, that crashed at the north pole, scared the small civilization back into the caves, were they rested for 3,000 years. Soon though, about 2 years ago the young kerbal Jebediah Kerman, stepped out of his small cave, and saw the great stars of the night, he then started the Kerbal space program. Kerbals reproduce by eggs, and because they eat algae, like certain earth reptiles, they actually during times of drought, can do little amounts of photosynthesis, to keep them alive. They live the lives of turtles, and can live for hundreds of years without aging effects which is why they can live for so long on their longer missions to Jool and Eloo.

I like this theory.

And, the puffs when Kerbals are killed? Those are the spores deforming.

Evolution, parts of their DNA, came from Earth (our planet) and memories too! (Just because) they saw that earth is over populated and decided to put a cap on that problem so all kerbs in KSP are male (not saying the females are now gone they're somewhere unknown on kerbin, maybe a hidden place) and they manufactured the first born baby by placing a chip in their brain to stop loving and altered their DNA to think smartly for the planets own good so over population would never happen.

They are green because they eat too many plants as there is no other thing apart from them on the planet so far!

Their bones are 60% stronger than humans

Their blood has a higher count of red and white blood cells so they can absorbe nutrients and oxygen more by 20%

they are squishy so they can land on their heads and tollerate more G than us without death or passing out occurring.

They tend to fight one another specially if food is scares,

Kerbal reproduction is not a subject you want to broach, trust me. It's not a subject that makes a lot of sense (to Kerbal or human alike), though they do seem to rather enjoy it nonetheless. The tale of the origins of the Kerbal species is a much more interesting topic, since they are shrouded in the mists of time and mythology. Some Kerbals subscribe to the theory that their species was hand-crafted from rocks and trees by the almighty Bob, but this theory is generally discredited by any Kerbal who doesn't have the syllable "bob" somewhere in their name. Others believe that Kerbals naturally evolved over the millenia from a now-extinct interim species they refer to as the Cukes, but this theory too has some major holes (such as the fact that nobody has ever located a Cuke skeleton anywhere on Kerbin). Still other Kerbals hold that their species is nothing more than a simulation in a computer program sadistically coded to keep them busy, but this is now believed to be the byproduct of a severe mental disorder caused by ingesting a combination of liquid fuel and oxidizer (known in the conspiracy theorist circles as "Jeb's Coffee").

Of course, Jebediah Kerman has is own theory on the origin of the Kerbal species that nobody but he believes: that Kerbals were crafted by a mysterious alien species that left a ton of relics all over the solar system as hints to their existence and how to find them again some day. Even the computer program theorists think he's nuts, which might explain why he's always first in line for the experimental rockets...