"I"m not getting an Xbox One" Megathread

ajshell1

I won't because I'm not that interested in console games that much anymore and I'm not planning on getting another one. I have a Wii that I haven't used in a while, a PS3 used for watching movies and TV shows, but no Xbox. I will happily stick with my computer.

I don't even have an Xbox, nor do I want one.

Whats this Xbox one anyway? I hear it sucks.

It's the Xbox One. That's why it sucks :)http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/28/how-microsoft-screwed-up-the-next-gen-for-themselves/

And EnterElysium, I recently got into your videos. I saw that video, but we didn't "win". There are still a lot of things wrong with it.

Primarily:

Edited by swiftgates24

I think that the only reson that console gamers ever used the Xbox 360, and will use the PS4 is becuase they are to stupid to realise that the hardware on any gaming device is very important. It won't really matter to them that the PS4 is technically supiriour, all they know is that the PS4 suports used games.

we didn't "win". There are still a lot of things wrong with it.

Oh I agree, we won a battle not the war. However it was a BIG battle, and a landmark battle, something that has never happened before in any military campaign. But yes, still not everything fixed.

P.s. Thanks for getting in to my videos!

Now see, if they dropped the price and got rid of the unnecessary restrictions, it would be decent enough for me to consider. However, the only reason I'd actually get one is if games that I wanted weren't released on PC or 360 (read: Halo, most likely :rolleyes:). So at this moment in time, am I going to get a One?

No.

My boyfriend, who has always loved his Xbox and Xbox 360, says that he is never buying it, both because of the stupid restrictions, and also because it has a camera that wants to look at him all the time.

I myself would never consider buying a console in the first place, since a pc is superior in every single way.

I am definitely getting one. I was a little hesitant with the "always-on" connection thing, but since they axed it, it's smooth sailing from there. :)

Main selling point for my is if I will be able to hook my Dish Network to my Xbox One :)

It used to be traditionally 8 years between console cycles, and now it's getting to a point where they are creating so much crap it's rediculous. No backward compatibility on the Ps3 for ps2 games? and the same for Ps4? no way.. im done.. Xbox and Sony can have their console war.

Nothing beats a good old Sega Master System/Megadrive :)

I'm still using a PS2 for the most part, although I eventually did buy a Wii for having fun with friends on.

I never will own any of the Xbox series consoles purely out of my dislike for Microsoft, and I am in no hurry to get a PS3 or PS4 because they don't have any titles that I like.

Almost all of my gaming is done on PC, that way I can for the most part control what it is doing when.

This whole deal about the always-on camera and microphone with the xbox one? Can we say invasion of privacy? There WILL with certainty be a mountain of lawsuits within months of the xbox one coming out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.