[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

ill give that a shot, i've already cranked the breakingforce and torque to 1e37, but i didnt think crash tolerance had anything to do with the rigidity of the part.

it can, I seen some stuff with a tolerance of like 4 - 8 and i did a glide touch n go...and as i did that the part fell off.... lol

so i increased it to like 40 and i was fine after that.

I am interested in hearing about how it goes.

I seem to be having a bit of an issue. Anybody ever see hinges, rotrons, or docking washers drift from where they were installed???

Let me show you...

Anybody know why this is happening? or if there's a way to fix it?

I have several ships with issues now. For the time being I'm only putting IR parts on ships that I don't plan on keeping around for very long.

Edited by tmbomber

I seem to be having a bit of an issue. Anybody ever see hinges, rotrons, or docking washers drift from where they were installed???

Let me show you...

I have several ships with issues now. For the time being I'm only putting IR parts on ships that I don't plan on keeping around for very long.

I have had that issue, but only when trying to manipulate reasonable mass with reasonable gravity. I've not had it happen in space yet. If it's the same issue always return the robotic part to it's original position and make sure it's not stressed before saving.

Let me show you...

Looks like some Kerbal hooked the logic circuits of a Bambleweeny 57 Sub- Meson Brain to an atomic vector plotter suspended in a strong Brownian Motion producer, and has been using it to make all the molecules in the parts leap simultaneously to the left, in accordance with the Theory of Indeterminacy. ;)

Looks like some Kerbal hooked the logic circuits of a Bambleweeny 57 Sub- Meson Brain to an atomic vector plotter suspended in a strong Brownian Motion producer, and has been using it to make all the molecules in the parts leap simultaneously to the left, in accordance with the Theory of Indeterminacy. ;)

I'll bet that's great fun at parties.

I have a terrible issue which is preventing me from using IR.

I launched a mobile lab station up to Kerbin orbit. It was destined to go to Minmus.

It has 2x 2 truss pieces long arms, on which there 4 Gigantor solar panels.

The moment I touch the controls, no matter if SAS, RCS or anything is on or off - the whole thing starts oscillating from the panels, until the whole thing is shaking out of control. From this point only a load fixes it.

Phantom forces yay...

Nothing in the debug log.

I am uploading a video to youtube now, will post it here later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G6JHO_lW2g&feature=youtu.be

Edited by smunisto

I once saw a mod that had a Rotatron and a hinge that were no longer powered but just used as "floppy" joints. How is this done? I would like to be able to just set this as a click box in the shipbuilder setup dialog. such that any part could just be made "floppy"

I have a terrible issue which is preventing me from using IR.

I launched a mobile lab station up to Kerbin orbit. It was destined to go to Minmus.

It has 2x 2 truss pieces long arms, on which there 4 Gigantor solar panels.

The moment I touch the controls, no matter if SAS, RCS or anything is on or off - the whole thing starts oscillating from the panels, until the whole thing is shaking out of control. From this point only a load fixes it.

Phantom forces yay...

Nothing in the debug log.

I am uploading a video to youtube now, will post it here later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G6JHO_lW2g&feature=youtu.be

the cause of that is most likely a collision mesh or something akin to it,.... not having enough space and your pieces are within the boundries, As that was mentioned to me on another thread topic when I tried docking onto a inflatable habitat ,when I docked it was ok for like 10 sec... then it started wobbling or flopping slowly at first then to the point of both vehicles disengaging.

I have had that issue, but only when trying to manipulate reasonable mass with reasonable gravity. I've not had it happen in space yet. If it's the same issue always return the robotic part to it's original position and make sure it's not stressed before saving.

The homebrew lander legs shown in the picture were not stressed and hadn't been moved and they were still drifting off from where they belong.

This picture in particular shows the legs on the landers have shifted even before the landers have separated from the transport craft. Those legs have never been moved.

Is there any way to repair this problem in existing craft? (as in editing the .sfs file)

IR is a nice mod, but this issue puts any craft I launch at risk if I use these parts. Like I said, I'm no longer using these parts on anything I'm expecting beyond a short duration mission.

I should check on my 32K unit Munar Kethane lander with landing legs on double stacked extendable pistons. It's been in Mun orbit (docked to a full fuel/oxidizer tanker) for a long time.

I really hate to be a bother, but please please please could the next update fix this bug? I didn't touch the washers until landing and they were already out of line.. rotating them induces some kind of clipping based wobbling and they remained resolutely out of sync, no matter how much I rotated them/pressed O until they didn't move any more. I think it might be the fact the washers are put on angled surfaces? The others stayed in sync, only the rear ones borked out (and then only the rear right, for some reason)

(Sorry for duplicates, the first picture shows the bug clearest.)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

is it possible to limit the range of motion of a rotatron somehow? similar to the hinges where you can set min and max values. and speaking of that why not combine the 2 angles of hinges into one part and just let us select the starting angle. thus I could have one that was set for 30 - 37 degrees and have it start at 35 if I wanted. Also I have seen some mods out that have just one part and a slider to select scale. you could do the same for these parts and cut the part count to 1/3 and thus the mod size quite a bit. not to mention that we could then have more than just 3 sizes easily. just scale the part to a wider range.

it can, I seen some stuff with a tolerance of like 4 - 8 and i did a glide touch n go...and as i did that the part fell off.... lol

so i increased it to like 40 and i was fine after that.

I am interested in hearing about how it goes.

well, unfortunately, i've got nothing encouraging to report, they are as floppy as a spaghetti noodle. though i think the spaghetti noodle is a better choice for structure, as eventually if might dry out and become rigid:/ Still love the mod, I only pine for joints between the hinges and such that are as strong as every other joint, at least.

well, unfortunately, i've got nothing encouraging to report, they are as floppy as a spaghetti noodle. though i think the spaghetti noodle is a better choice for structure, as eventually if might dry out and become rigid:/ Still love the mod, I only pine for joints between the hinges and such that are as strong as every other joint, at least.

I was just about to ask about this. I thought I was missing something.I'm trying to build a VTOL carrier craft where the entire wing assembly rotates. It mostly works...but lacks structure in the rotatron joints.

Are there instructions? What is the range for min/max for instance? Why do I have <> in the gui in the vab yet they do nothing?

those < > buttons should rotate the piece itself... same as pressing wsad but with a few constraints.