The Infamous Duna Code, Redux

PCGeek

I feel compelled to give my mustard to this topic. (you can tell I'm German by literally translating proverbs...)

The tip about the Lockheed Martin logo got me thinking. Those lines basically make up the initials... the L is obvious, with the intersection of both Ls forming an M. LM. While the lines in the pyramid picture form a sort of P or D.

If the logic in this image is like anthing we've put on the pioneer probes and such, there are three dots for the inner planets, the fourth (red blotch) being Duna itself. there are dark lines in the ground, suggesting roots = vegetation? Must have once hosted life in this Kerbal universe.

How's this idea... the dot on the left, by the lines, represents a moon (or another magic boulder, sorts of), and the lines form an arrow, like an indication of movement. Say we send four kerbals to seid pyramid, line them up next to it as shown in the image, and wait for Ike (or Kerbol, or whtever may be out there) to turn up overhead. Would that maybe trigger an event?

My interplanetary skills have deteriorated somewhat, also I have homework and studying to do (hence my forum registration...), so could someone try to confirm this?

I have a huge tug in Minimus orbit with lander capabilities, but only one lander for two kerbals. No chutes. No time. No Kerbal monies.

I feel compelled to give my mustard to this topic. (you can tell I'm German by literally translating proverbs...)

The tip about the Lockheed Martin logo got me thinking. Those lines basically make up the initials... the L is obvious, with the intersection of both Ls forming an M. LM. While the lines in the pyramid picture form a sort of P or D.

If the logic in this image is like anthing we've put on the pioneer probes and such, there are three dots for the inner planets, the fourth (red blotch) being Duna itself. there are dark lines in the ground, suggesting roots = vegetation? Must have once hosted life in this Kerbal universe.

How's this idea... the dot on the left, by the lines, represents a moon (or another magic boulder, sorts of), and the lines form an arrow, like an indication of movement. Say we send four kerbals to seid pyramid, line them up next to it as shown in the image, and wait for Ike (or Kerbol, or whtever may be out there) to turn up overhead. Would that maybe trigger an event?

My interplanetary skills have deteriorated somewhat, also I have homework and studying to do (hence my forum registration...), so could someone try to confirm this?

I have a huge tug in Minimus orbit with lander capabilities, but only one lander for two kerbals. No chutes. No time. No Kerbal monies.

Ike is not visible from the SSTV signal since Ike is locked to one side of duna. Besides that, the inclinations don't match. The SSTV is on the southpole at a 60 degrees tilt while Ike is on a 0 degree tilt.

Ike is not visible from the SSTV signal since Ike is locked to one side of duna. Besides that, the inclinations don't match. The SSTV is on the southpole at a 60 degrees tilt while Ike is on a 0 degree tilt.

Well, forget about the satellite then. Line up four kerbals next to the pyramid. If that's not doing anything. maybe a planetary constellation for the inner three planets? Anyone noticed the planets lining up every once in a while?

I know you can calculate this, but I'm a lazy [FLUFFY BUNNIES] right now.

The angle is almost a perfect 44.5 degree angle and the line going through it looks like an escape trajectory meaning it looks to me like a interplanetary transfer coordinate, possibly to Kerbin itself. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will assume the origin of the "little green men" is on Duna, a dying planet, and the signal is a call to follow.

The red line from the pyramid looks like it's pointing at something bluish, or vice versa. Perhaps it could be Vall, Laythe, or Kerbin? There are also some black lines in the ground, and a few white dots next to the red line.

My theory: the ball in the top left is the planetary star (the Sun). The balls to the right indicate all of the planets in lower orbits, including Duna itself -- in the clearer picture on the far right, there is a red vertical bar -- could this represent red-shift? The large, intersecting lines indicate the orbital period of Duna. The bottom half of the picture is the Duna surface -- four "creatures" standing on the surface near a mountain -- the orange blob indicates the color of the surface when lit by the sun.

It appears to me that the 4 life like figures are looking towards the pyramid maybe worshiping it as their God? As for the the three dots on the right I'm not sure, I really just wanted to mention the whole possibilty of worhsip the pyramid.

I tried sending in 4 Kerbals to try out my theory of lining up 4 kerbals. My interplanetary ship started from Minimus, and I decided to launch another one straight from Kerbin with a specialized lander with tons of parachutes. the Kerbin ship was based on and old launcher I did for my first mission to other celestial bodies. The more I figured out about the rest of the game, the worse my designs got. Back then I was limited by the lack of memory crash too, so I had to do weird things like stack two orange tanks on top of each other with a mainsail at the bottom, then strap four of those around the craft for the first stage. Needless to say explosions did happen, but surprisingly less often than with my new asparagus stuff...

Turns out it's a bad idea running two almost identical trajectories at the same time, so both vessels ended up in hyperbolical orbits around Duna (barely). Also, big designs with lots of fuel don't seem to be relevant in interplanetary travel, compared to smaller missions. At least with my designs.

I'll make an update when I get around to actually landing the kerbals.

I got a crew of 3 awaiting their landing on Duna's south pole. I've already got a rover and a permanent habitat at the foot of the signal.

I will also place a telescope at 0.0.0 S 0.0.0 W on Ike with it's view up to see what is directly below Ike.

Mike (Mu): Finished implementing the whole new scene thing and the new buildings. I'm currently writing some more interesting planetary noise methods to spice up some planets.

Taken from the development update on July 2. More noise? Boy, I need to get my hands on one of them decoder tools.

Taken from the development update on July 2. More noise? Boy, I need to get my hands on one of them decoder tools.

Ground scatter... the rocks... He's writing more interesting things to be among the random rocks that currently are in the game. At least that's how I interpret it.

a nearly 50 page thread about this was lost (dam that kracken its now invading our forums) in it nova said it was incomplete this was back in .17 mind you but nova has said no more easter eggs have been added (as i recall, bad memory) so there is no solution. What we do know is the red line is an arrow and the planet is kerben (most likely).

cGE26.jpg

I think nova said that the stuff on the left and right has no real meaning, and that this is the first and so far only released part of a puzzle.

Maybe we get another part in the next update.

I can faintly make out "Jool" in the white ground of the image. Does anyone else see this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.