Alien Beeping O.o

Snarfield

So umm... I've kind of been doing stuff I probably shouldn't be doing with Hyper Edit, and I was going at speeds so high in my spacecraft that I actually ended up reaching the Ps and eventually 16309E before my game crashed. But before it crashed, as my ship was cruising along I started to hear this high pitched creepy beeping sound that got faster and faster very quickly and constantly changed tones. This is not a complaint, I was just wondering, was that programed into the game to tell people to back the !@#$ off if they screwed around too much, or am I breaking the game? :P

Hey you know once when i was using hyper edit i was using the constant forcer thing. and i set it to 1234532431 (something around there) and i was just gone from the system, and i just head this beeping too...

Is it anything like the sound you get if you move the camera in front of a craft that's moving through water reasonably quickly? You can hear this by putting a jet engine on one or two jet fuel tanks, putting a rectangular wing peice on each side of that, and throttling up in the ocean, if you haven't already heard it.

If you don't want to see spoilers about the game's easter eggs, you may not want to watch this, but did it sound like
?

Actually, yes, but I was WAY far out of the solar system, going at over 200 million m/s

It could be an issue with the whole floating point system they have, it moves the universe around the ship at high speeds.

As FITorion said, you were probably everywhere at once. Or so close (or so far!) that it makes no difference. I wonder how high speeds would affect crafts that are more than one part if you EVA?

It could be an issue with the whole floating point system they have, it moves the universe around the ship at high speeds.

As FITorion said, you were probably everywhere at once. Or so close (or so far!) that it makes no difference. I wonder how high speeds would affect crafts that are more than one part if you EVA?

I actually went back and tried that with a bigger ship and tried EVA, surprisingly nothing really happens. The ship stays intact and the Kerbal just floats around and moves in whatever direction I move him. However, if it gets to the point where my speed suddenly becomes 0, hitting EVA breaks the universe. Or, at least that's what happened with me. :P

When you hear an SSTV, you can tell its one, but if the images look alike, you cant differenciate both by ear. Maybe its not the Duna SSTV but another of the same kind. We should get a proper record of the signal, and in full lengh if possible. Then we will be able to decode it and we will know. Too bad i dont have hyper edit. But somebody can do it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.