[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

Updated KAE DLL for KSP 0.24.2.

Thanks, it is a great mod and greatly appreciated. There is an element of roleplaying in playing KSP and the Procedural Fairings Mod adds a sense of realism rather than having all kinds of structures that we know full well cannot be exposed to the tremendous atmospheric forces exposed and NAKED...NAKED I tell you ! :wink:

I have a problem with 0.24.2: there is only 1 attach point on the bases, and fairings will not stick correctly, it automatically uses 8-fold symmetry instead of 2-fold.

It looks like PF DLL was not loaded or crashed for some reason. Try reinstalling and removing mods to find what causes it.

I am having a problem with the fact that I cant tweak any of the parts, like the fairing base, I cannot edit its size or anything.. Also the blue lines do not show up. I suspect maybe its Editor Extensions which isn't updated for 24.2 is breaking it, testing now and I will let you know what I find.

Using KSP .24.2 x64 btw.

I am having a problem with the fact that I cant tweak any of the parts, like the fairing base, I cannot edit its size or anything.. Also the blue lines do not show up. I suspect maybe its Editor Extensions which isn't updated for 24.2 is breaking it, testing now and I will let you know what I find.

Using KSP .24.2 x64 btw.

Check debug log for errors.

Right, well I uninstalled Editor Extensions and nothing changed, SPO is out of date, checking that too.. Uhm is the debug log the Output_log.txt in KSP Data??

Yes, or KSP_x64_Data for 64-bit. You can also see it in the game by pressing Alt-F2.

The issue you have means something crashed and PF code had no chance to do its job. Or that there's no PF DLL :)

You can also try it in 32-bit.

Yes, or KSP_x64_Data for 64-bit. You can also see it in the game by pressing Alt-F2.

The issue you have means something crashed and PF code had no chance to do its job. Or that there's no PF DLL :)

You can also try it in 32-bit.

No The .dll is there.. however when I boot up KSP, it tells me what may not be compatible and it says KSAPIExtensions.dll may not be compatible with .24.2 which is in your mod?

And here's the link to my Output_Log on my Drop Box I'm not sure what exactly I need to be looking for., https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq3lp3daobzknmy/output_log.txt

Also, a quick thank you for this mod.. This thing should really be stock especially with how easy it is to use.

And here's the link to my Output_Log on my Drop Box I'm not sure what exactly I need to be looking for., https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq3lp3daobzknmy/output_log.txt

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'IPartCostModifier' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

PF DLL is not loaded because you have an old version of KSP. Update to KSP 0.24.2.

e-dog,

Could you see about adding different selectable textures for the fairings? That would be a cool feature.

More functionally, though, could you add a low profile fairing base? It could be useful for designing aeroshells (like the one that entered Mars' atmosphere with the MSL), and also for those of us that like to wrap unaerodynamic bits below our capsule with fairings like this:

shell.JPG

That top piece ends up pretty bulky when you include a decoupler.

Not too long ago (since version 3.0?), e-dog changed things you no longer need two parts to make an interstage fairing. Just use the interstage fairing adapter. Attach to top (floating) node to the bottom of your upper stage, then attach the payload to the bottom node.

FlexGunship: That part you used as a top works (or used to, anyway) just as well as a base.
Not too long ago (since version 3.0?), e-dog changed things you no longer need two parts to make an interstage fairing. Just use the interstage fairing adapter. Attach to top (floating) node to the bottom of your upper stage, then attach the payload to the bottom node.

I mostly want to remove the bulk on the upper stage. So I'm not carrying that around. It's mostly aesthetics.

More functionally, though, could you add a low profile fairing base? It could be useful for designing aeroshells (like the one that entered Mars' atmosphere with the MSL), and also for those of us that like to wrap unaerodynamic bits below our capsule with fairings like this:

That top piece ends up pretty bulky when you include a decoupler.

How about this:

QhUc8CO.png

The adapter is attached to the engine by its topmost (floating) node, and the fairing is extended up to the pod using "extra height".

Hey so I was in Sandbox mode in the VAB trying to put some fairings, Well they are not working properly. Also the procedural part its not working as procedural. Look at the snapshot. 2aNy6Of.jpg

The menu dont show the extra height and the base size. Please help.

Hey so I was in Sandbox mode in the VAB trying to put some fairings, Well they are not working properly. Also the procedural part its not working as procedural. Look at the snapshot. http://i.imgur.com/2aNy6Of.jpg

The menu dont show the extra height and the base size. Please help.

You need to be more specific. What version of KSP are you running? What version of Procedural Fairings are you using? What other mods are you using? Also, you didn't upload that image correctly.

You need to be more specific. What version of KSP are you running? What version of Procedural Fairings are you using? What other mods are you using? Also, you didn't upload that image correctly.

Im using the 64 bit 24.2 Im using the last version available of procedural fairings. AIES, fuztech station parts, chaterer, KAS, RT2, Toolbar, kerbal joint reenforcement, near future, TACLS, Scan Sat, MM, Visual enhancements, Texture management. It was working fine for 0.24.1 but then i had problems for the .2

The picture probably took too long to show up.

That looks like a KSPAPIExtensions conflict, but I can't be sure without your output_log.txt. You'll need to make sure your other mods are updated, too – the likely conflict is Near Future (also read the bold text at the top of that post). If KAE is the problem, you can read my post here for the workaround and more information.

Is it possible to adjust the weight of the fairings? I know the cost is easy to adjust, but i couldn't find anything else in the configs.

Atm i'm building a ship using extensive fairings, making up almost 10% of a 150 ton stage.

Edited by Temeter

Does changing the mass = 0.1 line in side1.cfg and side2.cfg not work? If it doesn't, the procedural mass must be hard-coded.

Tried it, that's just a number for the game. Might be hardcoded.