Transportniy Korabl Snabzheniya (TKS) Spacecraft

Scruce

How would you like the TKS? (See Reply #21 for details)  

1,566 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like the TKS? (See Reply #21 for details)

• Staged
    • Unstaged

This project is to port my Orbiter addon: Transportniy Korabl Snabzheniya (TKS) Spacecraft into Kerbal Space Program.

This addon will feature a working Functional Cargo Block (FGB), BSO, SAS and Vozvrashaemiy Apparat (VA) capsule.

Some images:

800px-TKS_spacecraft_drawing.png

800px-TKS_cutaway.png

More details to follow as I am on a mobile now.

I really wanted to see TKS in KSP - and here it is!

I found the info about the development of your addon for Orbiter, and there is no doubt that you can make a great spacecraft for KSP. I look forward to a good separation into parts! (In fact, I have my suggestions on what parts TKS should consists of, but it is better to wait for more details about your project.)

I found the info about the development of your addon for Orbiter, and there is no doubt that you can make a great spacecraft for KSP. I look forward to a good separation into parts! (In fact, I have my suggestions on what parts TKS should consists of, but it is better to wait for more details about your project.)

First of all, thanks for the comment! :D

The Transportniy Korabl Snabzheniya has always been a favourite spacecraft of mine, that\'s why I wanted to see it in spaceflight simulations (Orbiter, Spaceway and KSP).

It will have working stages but I don\'t know if KSP supports animations like Orbiter does (any word of animations in KSP?). If it does, it will have working solar panel animations.

This is an earlier version in the WIP (not the most recent):

6315230516_7d53043a5d_b.jpg

I like it =) Looks very nice, especially with Silisko releasing those Soyuz parts (I think he is at least)....I sense lots of Soviet-themed missions to da MUN =D

Oh believe me, I\'m not stopping at TKS. N1 and Lunniy Korabl (LK) programs are in my \'to do\' list! ;)

Looking Good!

Have you seen the newly made deployable solar wings on the Soyuz release?

That was a bit of deceptive advertising I think, since it uses the parachute module, the model 'aligns' with the velocity vector - so if you line the ship up right, the panels line up right, but if you rotate away.. the panels don\'t.

Right, I\'ve done some preliminary documentation (just for people to get the hang of it). I\'m now about to do some proper texturing. I won\'t post a screenshot because not much visually has changed!

Till the next time; ???????!

• 3 weeks later...

Texturing of the TKS starts today! :)

Looks like there will be a release by Christmas, and the addon developing does not stop at the TKS, I\'m looking to go into the Tyazhely Mezhplanetny Korabl (TMK) aswell.

TMK:

Tmk-mavr.jpg

EDIT: I\'ll attach a pic in a minute of the TKS.

Right, I\'m calling for beta testers, I need five people who will be willing to test this out soon before release.

If interested, please send me a Private Message, but the actual beta testing dosen\'t start yet.

Next thing, I\'m gathering user opinions here. How would you like this thing, staged or unstaged?

Staged - Seperated BSO, SAS, VA and FGB.

Unstaged - All modules clumped together.

I will post a poll, but would like some feedback aswell.

Staged. Also, I\'d like to beta-test.

Staged makes for more customizations, and well, that\'s what KSP is all about. There was an earlier Skylab part - the model was taken from official NASA site with it just being a fuel tank - that\'s fun once, but clicking together is more fun then just launching a slightly weird looking object.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.