[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I'm having a weird problem. Kerbals are getting deleted by TAC, but not in space. They are getting deleted when home and available, when I go into and out of my VAB.

The log statements you are refering to are just the mod deleting the information it was tracking from the mod's own private storage. It does not delete the Kerbals from the game, and it would only kill the Kerbals in flight (they would still exist, but be marked "dead"). Another mod must be causing the issue or is causing a conflict that is making that happen.

So I need the entire log to help, not just a snippet.

What is CrewQueue?

I have a ship (lets just call it 'X') where oxygen is supplemented by a co2 to o2 converter. This gives me 144 days of 02, and if I time warp with X open it will last for 144 days. However if I go to back to the space center to warp or warp with a different vessel loaded, when I reload X all my kerbals will be dead from oxygen deprivation (still trying to determine exactly how long they last while warping without the vessel loaded). Are the resource converters simply not designed to work with time warp when the vessel is not loaded? This sort of breaks the resource converters, as they only seem to supply their resources when the vessel is open. Sorry if this has already been answered in this thread, I didn't see it.

Thanks!

Can you send me a complete log file? Preferably after recreating the issue? From what you described above, that should be working...

The Carbon Extractor parts should allow the oxygen supplies to last roughly 7 times as long. Time warping while the vessel is unloaded should have the same results as time warping with the vessel loaded. Though keep in mind that the Monitoring Window's display does not account for recycling.

TaranisElsu: I just found LifeSupport.cfg GlobalSettings. Is that accessible via MM variable addressing? When someone adjusts rates via the GUI does that tweak these values? or the adjusted rates available to MM somehow? I was wanting to make a part via MM that could keep up with any reconfig the user did via the GUI.

The settings are not accessible from an MM script, but that will be changing in the new version.

Cheers :) looking awesome!

And pretty please, will the modular resources also make it to the new version? (configure which resources and how many are consumed/produced)

It might have to be the version after that. Sorry.

TanisElsu - what do you do re electricity when you 'catch-up'? just assume 'enough' or 'enough if there is enough 'for one tick' on unpack'?

I severely limit the electricity consumption during the catch up, because the game does not do anything with solar panels or RTG's while unloaded.

Awesome! Would it be possible to survive without LS supplies on Laythe as well? That's something I've been wanting to do with my game but haven't been able to figure it out.

I will not be doing that; that is what in-situ resource gathering and greenhouses are for. You can extract oxygen from the atmosphere using an air intake plus the Air Filter (Laythe's air is not directly breathable). The rest is not a part of this mod, but there are several that add that: MKS/OKS, MunSeeker's greenhouse, Biomass, etc

The settings are not accessible from an MM script, but that will be changing in the new version.

sweet, I'll stay tuned. I have a 'green house' style 'solar arrays full of algae' that I want to keep themselves in synch with TAC consumption & production rates. In the new version when people tweak the production/consumption rates will that require a restart and thus my MM.cfg could get the new values?

The log statements you are refering to are just the mod deleting the information it was tracking from the mod's own private storage. It does not delete the Kerbals from the game, and it would only kill the Kerbals in flight (they would still exist, but be marked "dead"). Another mod must be causing the issue or is causing a conflict that is making that happen.

So I need the entire log to help, not just a snippet.

Oh, I see. Hmm. I'll reinstall TAC and see if I can replicate the problem.

Hi TaranisElsu, JPLRepo here..

I just did the first full release version of DeepFreeze Continued...

This mod is designed to work with life support mods like TAC LS (my fav) to cryogenic freeze kerbals for long space journeys.

The idea is while they are frozen they don't consume life support resources.

DeepFreeze works great with TAC LS except one small feature? of TAC LS - there is an internal table in TAC LS that stores all the kerbals in each vessel that you use to consume resources.

When DeepFreeze freezes a kerbal the kerbal is removed from the vessel, which is great because TAC LS stops consuming resources for them... but the problem is when the kerbal is thawed in DeepFreeze TAC LS sees them again, finds them in it's internal table and calculates life support usage since the time they were frozen (removed from the vessel).

I as wondering if it would be at all possible for you to make a change to TAC LS to support DeepFreeze? As I really see our mods going hand in hand for a full game experience.

It's a pretty small change, basically TAC LS just has to recognize when a kerbal gets frozen and remove them from it's internal list. That way when they are added back when they are thawed it won't retrospectively consume LS for them.

Thanks muchly!

BTW: Your new screen shots for your upcoming new version look awesome.. perhaps you can include DeepFreeze support in that version if it's not too far away?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the change would be to recognize frozen kerbals and remove them from TAC LS table. There is no frozen status within the confines of KSP, so the way DeepFreeze does it is to set frozen kerbal to a type of Unknown (from type of Crew) and a status of Dead. When they are thawed, it changes them back.

I did my own private version of TAC LS and achieved this change with just a couple of lines of code which I am happy to send to you.

Cheers.

EDIT: I have forked TAC LS and made changes to make this mod compatible with DeepFreeze and submittted a pull request. Details of the DeepFreeze API can be found here.

Edited by JPLRepo

Hi - Been through this whole thread and also the FAQ on github, and the installation instructions and I cannot find the answer. I don't have any logfiles available as I am in work, but I installed this Mod at the weekend and I am in career mode - all of the available containers are showing in the VAB, and the Kerbals are now showing as having resources (Oxygen, Food, Water, CO2, Waste etc) - but they are not consuming anything. The message when you first enter the KSC does not appear either - so I assume I have not installed something correctly - or am missing another MOD. I believe (although I cannot confirm at the moment) that I have a Module Manager installed. I have the Stock Tool Bar. I have 4 Kerbals sat in Labs on minmus doing Science and I have timewarped for days - and nothing has been consumed. Can you advise what I need to do, or what I have missed please :)

There are full instructions on how to troubleshoot and report your problems (which will include the log files), but just a shot in the dark: what is the directory path from GameData down to the location of TacLifeSupport.dll?

For me, it's GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport\TacLifeSupport.dll

I am asking this because it sounds like the MM patches are getting picked up (which add the resources to stock parts), but it sounds like the TAC LS behaviors aren't working for you. If so, the easy possibilities are 1)installed in the wrong place, or 2)need to redownload and reinstall TACLS.

Hi Gryphon - thanks for the reply - I checked this because I noticed from the installation instructions to check on the location of this file - and it is here as well - GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport\TacLifeSupport.dll

- - - Updated - - -

I will try another download and re-install of TACLS this evening.

OK folks, sorry if I ask a question that is probably buried in here somewhere, but what is the purpose/use of the Life Support Supplies Container? It says in the item description that it is full of life support supplies, and that it can be configured to carry any ratio of supplies. When I right click it, in the SPH/VAB or on the launching pad, or in space, I cannot access anything. It does not seem to make any dent in the amount of life support I have, if I install it. I am wondering what I may be doing wrong to not access it properly, or if it is a passive thing (is it a repository for waste and co2, or example?).

Any help would be great...and I did check out the tutorial, online web explanations, etc., but could not find anything that would sufficiently answer my query.

I am going to test to see if the tweakableEverything mod is screwing it up. When I right click on the module while in the VAB/SPH, I get the following options:

02yS1tw.png?1

I am thinking I have a mod that is conflicting with the VAB/SPH setup. Anyone have a similar issue?

Cheers.

UPDATE: Found out the problem - it was seriously conflicting with Modular Fuel Tanks mod....after removing it, all of a sudden I have a ton more modules in my Tacs menu, and everything works just great!

Edited by Gaultesian

My re-install of TACLS made no difference - I removed all references to ThunderAerospace. After reinstalling it and first started the game it asked me if I want TACLS to check for updates - to which I replied yes, but again no resources are being used and I don't have the TACLS Icon showing anywhere on the toolbar, just the containers. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Found out the problem - it was seriously conflicting with Modular Fuel Tanks mod....after removing it, all of a sudden I have a ton more modules in my Tacs menu, and everything works just great!

TACLS normally works with MFT.

My re-install of TACLS made no difference - I removed all references to ThunderAerospace. After reinstalling it and first started the game it asked me if I want TACLS to check for updates - to which I replied yes, but again no resources are being used and I don't have the TACLS Icon showing anywhere on the toolbar, just the containers. Any ideas?

This is odd. Start with a stock install and add TACLS alone?

Thanks - I am not even running excessively amounts of Mods. I would guess I have about 10 installed and they are only really the most popular ones from curse and OKW

I just did the first full release version of DeepFreeze Continued...

EDIT: I have forked TAC LS and made changes to make this mod compatible with DeepFreeze and submittted a pull request. Details of the DeepFreeze API can be found here.

I saw your message, and thanks for sending me the pull request. I will look at it when I get a chance.

Sorry, this should work with MFT. I made some compatibility configs for it, but it looks like I need to do more testing. You wouldn't happen to have a log file would you, from when you were having the problem? Also, make sure that you do not have an old version of the KSPAPIExtensions dll. I saw something that seemed to indicate that an old version could cause problems, and that is bundled with a lot of mods, including MFT.

Hi - Been through this whole thread and also the FAQ on github, and the installation instructions and I cannot find the answer. I don't have any logfiles available as I am in work, but I installed this Mod at the weekend and I am in career mode - all of the available containers are showing in the VAB, and the Kerbals are now showing as having resources (Oxygen, Food, Water, CO2, Waste etc) - but they are not consuming anything.

<snip>

Can I get a log file? Gryphon suggested that to you, and even linked to the support forums where it details where to find it. You can also find the link in my signature.

I need more information before I can help figure out what is going on. One question though: are you using Tarsier Space Technology? If so, get the latest version. An old version caused symptoms similar to what you describe. The original author has not been around for a little bit, and it was picked up by someone else, so make sure that you get that version.

Hi Taranis - Yes I have TST installed - let me check and remove the version temporarily and see if that fixes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes - Yes _ Yes Taranis... It's working now... Uninstalled TST which was obviously an old version - as checked on Curse and there is a TST (continued) which is the replacement for the version from the original author. Checked without TST and it worked and now installed the latest version of TST and now I have ChemCam (from TST) and dying kerbals!!!! Thankyou very much :) :)

EDIT: Waste of my breath and everybody's time [i sincerely hope you haven't wasted time reading this however]... so MFT in these part ids stands for ModularFuelTanks I guess, the hateful mod I already know I uninstalled and that's why the parts are broken :( so I have to choose between not being able to properly scale even the basic stock tanks and stuff, or having oranged-out vessels in my list... Easy I want to tweak stuff!! :P

Hello there guys sorry to be a pain I pride myself on troubleshooting all these things myself but I am at a loss. Half of my career mode [1.0.2, Linux Ubuntu] ships cannot be opened. According to the debug log it's for missing the parts 'HexCanMFTLifeSupportSmall' and 'TacLifeSupportMFTContainer' but when I go to NEW and make myself a new rocket all the TACLS parts are present and correct, so... ...? Thoughts, lol? :)

They were loadable as of this time yesterday, although I have moved my install to a fresh copy of KSP since then all I did was run it once to Sandbox then close and merge "gamedata" and "saves". I have not changed my TAC install at all and the only other actions I've performed since transplanting to a new KSP directory were to remove ModularFuelTanks [way more trouble than it's worth, TweakScale couldn't tweak] and BDArmory [caused crashes while AVC was running on startup]; I have also updated ModRocketSystems and PilotAssistant during this interim. I've used TMSTACLSRetexture since I started using TACLS as well, if that's anything to you. Any ideas would be appreciated. It's not particularly game breaking for me [assuming it's not some kind of creeping corruption that's about to ruin my whole install] but it is frustrating being told I can't load vessels as I'm missing parts that I can prove are installed into the game :/ Cheers kids x

Edited by Space Cowbuoy
being a big dumb stupidhead

missing the parts 'HexCanMFTLifeSupportSmall' and 'TacLifeSupportMFTContainer'
the only other actions I've performed since transplanting to a new KSP directory were to remove ModularFuelTanks

You removed MFT, which your ships rely on. Put MFT back, then load all your crafts and delete the MFT parts and save them without the MFT parts. Then remove MFT again. Any in-flight ships will have to be recovered/deleted.

This isn't a TAC bug, this is just the way part mods work in KSP - if you build a ship with a modded part, you need to keep the mod or the ship can't be loaded.

- - - Updated - - -

@TaranisElsu - I put up some quality-of-life pull requests:

#75: Kerbal Alarm Clock support

#74: Sort the monitoring window by who's going to run out of resources first

#73: Add Life Support Monitoring Window and warning messages to Tracking Station

CP1vRk0.png?1rAvf2Sa.png?1

You removed MFT, which your ships rely on. Put MFT back, then load all your crafts and delete the MFT parts and save them without the MFT parts. Then remove MFT again. Any in-flight ships will have to be recovered/deleted.

This isn't a TAC bug, this is just the way part mods work in KSP - if you build a ship with a modded part, you need to keep the mod or the ship can't be loaded.

Hey dude thanks for the help, I actually spotted that just before you posted and edited my post; sorry to waste your time on this non-issue. I didn't mean to imply that TAC had a bug as I strongly suspected it did not but I was at a brief loss as to what I had done to break my ships. Also I'm no stranger to modding this game [long time listener, first time caller you might say] and therefore to removed parts not being available, but I thought MFT was just a plugin and I didn't like it so what the heck, right?? :/ Didn't realise that TACLS had MFT integration that actually edited the physical parts lol... PEACE x

It'd be great if the life support monitor window could get some love, with removal of ships/landers with 0 crew and sorting by type/name/crew number.

The window gets really cluttered after a bunch of missions that leave pieces of equipment behind.

It'd be great if the life support monitor window could get some love, with removal of ships/landers with 0 crew and sorting by type/name/crew number.

The window gets really cluttered after a bunch of missions that leave pieces of equipment behind.

What if you reclassify them as probes / debris?

Probes, maybe. I'm trying to leave the stuff operational as a short range comms relay for later missions to possibly get support from, and as it seems RT doesn't recognize active antennas for debris, I don't want to do that.

Still some sorting would be nice for when I have dozens of missions and lots of stations online at the same time.

By chance does TAC LS display resources used in years (if there is enough resources to last years)? Last time I used it time measurements were in days. Me brain does not handle converting 1000+ days into years, so a friendly ui for us math challenged would be appreciated. :)

Hey fabulous people, I'm just here with a chunk of CKANitude.

Given reports from reliable sources that the latest TACLS works great on 1.0.3 and 1.0.4, I'm popping in a temporary rule for the current release to allow the CKAN to install TACLS under these versions.

Any new releases will continue to take their compatibility data from the releases embedded KSP-AVC file as per normal.

If I'm doing this in error, please let me know (preferably with a PM) and I'll undo. :)

Many thanks, and keep being awesome,

~ pjf

Edited by pjf
speeling fixes