Playing KSP leading up to .21

bigpapabearxx

Well there's no way it will come out on the 20th. That is a Saturday, and most people at Squad don't work on weekends. Even if they did work on Saturday they wouldn't release it then because they would be unable to make a quick patch in case something is wrong with the initial release until Monday.

Got a stray Kerbal home, so thats done.

During the rescue operation I realized how simple and small a rocket can be and still finish the job.

Think I will keep building and experimenting in this direction to learn more about the game mechanics.

Also will think about a hover-rover design for an extensive Mun expedition after the update - will start fresh and with small steps again.

Frankly, R&D is all I've been doing since long ago. There's not much for me to do in the management department if I can't build a good vehicle.

mycxKQ9h.jpg

Here's my latest attempt. I'll make a thread about it sooner or later because I'm having trouble routing fuel between outboard tanks and the core, hence this iteration just has a huge beefy outboard booster pair. Combined, all engines output ~7+ Mainsails worth of thrust.

I haven't done many real "missions" in 0.2 so I don't really have much to recall. Have been messing about trying to make large rocket powered machines after my rocket powered catapult worked so well..... :huh:

Currently building a car.:cool:

R & D.

Going to do my first serious interplanetary mission after .21 release (and relevant mod updates), intend to dock together a large ship with several smaller attached crafts and establish a comm network around Duna & Ike, map them, land on both. Finishing off by extracting and converting Kethane from Ike to get home again. :)

There's a lot of trials surrounding what parts to use, how to construct everything, most efficient way to establish a stable-ish comm network etc...

Last time I tried to get to Duna all my ships (I sent three in the same window, one manned and two probes) were tossed out of the system at faster-then-light speed or plainly disappeared. That the risk with using 20+ mods I guess...

currently i am finishing the Kerbollo missions form the ksp wiki campaign, i play for a little time and then i go to my other hobbies, running, astrophotography. Finally there are times that i sit and enjoy the summer sun and sea.

I'm just gonna drive around, explore kerbin and make pictures of the second generation terrain!

wQVAh6Z.jpg

The terrain was already changed once. It will be changed again in 0.21

When 0.21 comes out, I will build cute little satellites and make huge clusters of them.

Edited by Kinglet

I am building a series of craft that I feel will allow me to best explore and enjoy the new features implemented in the .21 update. Starting with a high altitude endurance plane for viewing the new surface features on Kerbin. Then, a low-altitude, high speed plane for exploration of the KSC area. The canyons between the high mountains in the .21 previews seem to me to be a perfect place for astronaut training that has to do with other planets, and ill also be using it to R&D new bases. The plan for those is to launch a craft or base component into LKO, and then land them between the mountains. It would be a tough endeavour, however it would be worth trying for sake of honing skills, and stress testing interplanetary components. Finally, I am designing a brand new Mun mission, complete with buggies, scientific equipment, and a proper return vehicle, in order to both witness the new Mun terrain, but also explore it from orbit and up close. Hopefully with these goals in mind, I will be able to take in all of the features of this new update to their fullest.

First, end all flights on and around the Mun that aren't probes (I'm pretending that a major meteor shower is coming and everything has to be evacuated to explain save breaking). Second, I'm doing an Apollo-style Mun mission in honor of Apollo 11.

(psst, don't tell the devs I'm discussing release dates, but they said that the ksp marathon will end in a "special event" tomorrow. seems suspicious, no?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.