Conversion Option - Thank You, SQUAD

Commander Zoom

You have saved my space program.

Kerbin Station 1 is still in orbit, with all her crew.

Mun Base 1 is still on the air. (I got lucky there, as I set down the landers on a particularly flat spot of maria that is now right in the middle of four of the new craters.)

I understand why it had to be done, and my sympathies go out to others who might not have been so fortunate.

But again, thank you, SQUAD, for putting in the extra time and effort to give us even the possibility of salvaging something from .20.

I copy and pasted the contents of my old save folder (from the directory I'd backed it up) into the new, empty one that came with my .21 install, then ran KSP and attempted to resume that save. KSP detected that it was incompatible and gave me a few warnings and a list of options (buttons) which included one to attempt converting it. I clicked that, and in my case, it seems to have worked fine.

As someone who would have largely abandoned the game until it was nearer feature complete had all my work so far been deleted, seeing the Upgrade option was a definite relief, and I thank Squad for that intensely. You should see the option when you select to continue your game again DarthVader... However although all of my ships seem to have survived the transition between versions, I can't seem to go back to the Space Centre from any flight, so make sure you DO back up for now, just in case they haven't really been correctly upgraded... At present I have to quit the game to leave a flight

Quite glad it worked out with the saves as well, conversion worked perfectly for me.

Even the stuff that would have been under the new terrain has been placed on top of the surface on loading.

Pretty cool, and assumeing it will do this every time you load a flight, it might also stop the bug where things just randomly blow up on loading because they somehow clipped into the terrain.

Kethane 0.7.4 is craft breaking and since all my stuff in orbit right now is kethane sats, my save is already good as broken. The only thing worth saving at this point is my kethane.cfg. I'll also have to do some work on a bunch of my modules or else I'll lose work on the Lazarus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.