[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

If you mean in the VAB menu, its intentional mostly; I put all the parts for the Lander and Orbiter craft together in the last tab since we can't do subtabs yet, and then I include a few more things in the "control" category like the vernier thrusters.

It makes it difficult to keep track when pulling parts from different mods, but if it is the authors' preference who am I to argue? I'll edit the configs each time I install if it really bugs me.

It makes it difficult to keep track when pulling parts from different mods, but if it is the authors' preference who am I to argue? I'll edit the configs each time I install if it really bugs me.

LOL i did that with my main KSP, put everything that provided any kind of forward motion in the propulsion tab, rcs thrusters and rcs tanks went into control, and for anything else that didnt provide any kind of info i put in the utilities tab

Anyone else having liquid engines hitting full throttle when they break off?

and also having them break off at 2x time warp?

i did, but ive had that issue off and on since KSP .18 and on with both NP and KW, some carefully placed struts fixed that issue tho

Hello!

I found errors in SRBs. 0,625 and 2,5m consist improper amounts of fuel.

If we divide diameter by 2, surface area (of rocket cross-section) is 4 times smaller. If we multiply diameter by 2 - surface is 4 times bigger.

minibooster(0,625m)SRB:

compared to stock RT10(fuel=433)

the same height, 2 times smaller diameter = 4 times smaller volume

433/4 is about 100.

So it should consist about 100 fuels not 250.

SHORT 2,5m SRB:

compared to stock rockomax BACC (fuel=850)

-2 times higher, 2xdiameter=8 times bigger volume.

so 8*850=6800, not 3400

Because of greater mass i suggest to increase thrust to 1200*2=2400kN

It gives reasonaby TWR of 4.26 and burn time 55.2sec.

LONG 2,5m SRB:

Multiplied by fraction 4/3 used by NP Authors. fuel= 6800*4/3=~9000 NOT 4500

Thurst increase to 2*1600=3200kN

TWR=4.41 burn time 54,8s.

Short and Long have the same mass and cost.

It would be nice to increase retropack fuel to 20 and thrust from 60 to 100 so it could cancel 1,25SmallSolid thurst. In pair these engines could be used to properly boost into orbit or deorbit to landing site by firing retro and decoupling. Like in ICBM. Sorry for my English :sealed:

I need to put this in here, no matter how many others have said the same thing. The guys that are doing B9 Aerospace had a part pack that exceeded 175megs worth of costly ram space, but then they worked hard and tighten that up to 75meg, and that's an impressive change considering their parts increased, and look Awesome.

Nuke's part pack increased in its parts by a 3rd, and went from 150megs, down to under 60. If were going to use these part packs, its safe to say that the days of a single engine taking up 8-10megs is over. Slim these parts down and then we all can start using them again.

Thx for all the hard work

Dren

Qerbal: Cool! I'll look those over for the next version. Thanks.

ArkaelDren: We already did that between the alpha release and 2.0 full release - the zip file went from over 100MB down to 50ish again when we down-rezzed the engine textures - and ALL of the engines are getting and update anyway, so they'll be more efficiently textured at that time anyway; there isn't much else we can do for the 'temporary engines' right now.

The half meter parts and other crap pack (that's its actual name) at a guess

Best name ever for a pack!

Im working on a new engine now. The remake of the Bearcat 5x, its almost complete grey texture is a little off putting so Im tackling it next.

Also I would like to make a custom flag for NovaPunch, anyone have any ideas what that should look like?

I was thinking a flaming fist coming from a sun or something.

I'm going to try desperately hard to finish the engines in time for .21, no guarantees though.

New replacement for the Bearcat 5x with the new super powerful B-5 engines (Actually the same strength as the engines before...).

Any resemblance to other non-Kerbal engines is purely coincidental.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by frizzank

Any resemblance to other non-Kerbal engines is purely coincidental.

It's clearly does not look like any actual rocket that may, or may not have launched 44 years ago from yesterday. AND! Will not coincide with any historical event that may of happened on the 20th of July in that same year.

It's clearly does not look like any actual rocket that may, or may not have launched 44 years ago from yesterday. AND! Will not coincide with any historical event that may of happened on the 20th of July in that same year.

...ok, I'll go along with that, nice Rocketdyne B-5 engines btw.

edit: It kinda looks like it has Mylar.

Edited by Floki

i guess any resemblance to the 5xM50 engine from the NP 1.5 series is pure coincidence as well? LOL jk :sticktongue: that thing looks awesome, doing good work there

also, rocket fist punching the sun into a nova? you sir made my imagination explode....

Edited by hellion13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.