Birds chirping at night at the Kerbal Space Center?

So, as night fell on the space center, I noticed that the birds happened to still be singing.

I was wondering if this could be changed; perhaps it could be replaced with crickets?

Obviously, this is not exactly the most important feature out there - just a little pet peeve...

So, as night fell on the space center, I noticed that the birds happened to still be singing.

I was wondering if this could be changed; perhaps it could be replaced with crickets?

Obviously, this is not exactly the most important feature out there - just a little pet peeve...

How do you know they're birds? It could be some kind of mobile fungus that uses a chirping noise to navigate. Why would it care if it's day or night?

The problem isn't so much with the singing, it's just that's it's a very sharp, repetitive soundbite, that you hear every time you are in the Space Center scene. Plus it's not affected by the Environment or Music volume sliders. Some variation to it, and some other sounds than just birds at different times of day (chirping crickets at night would be nice), would make it a lot more bearable and interesting. Maybe add in a rooster if you time it exactly right and have the scene open at sunrise. :P

• 1 month later...

My issues with the aforementioned birds extend far beyond the petty confines of just being a "meager" complaint. No, my hatred for this soundbite sits festering deep within me.

Now, that being said... Let me just point out a few of the brain scattering inconsistencies that drive me bonkers:

1. The camera is sitting at an altitude that is much too high to hear any ground activity that would be carried out by a bird. At that height, the audible sounds would mostly be just crashing waves, and blowing wind.

2. Even with terrain scatters turned on, there are no trees on the KSC grounds. What are these, all ground dwelling; flightless birds?

3. And even if they are all ground dwelling; flightless birds, that's not what their chirping sounds like... Actually, it sounds more like a lazy dev just stuck a mic in his parakeet's cage.

But yeah, other than that, the game is amazing! (Except for that horrid sounding rocket audio. **shudders**)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.