[1.12.x] LCD - Launch CountDown v1.8.0 [23 Oct 2019]

Athlonic

V1.2 released.

A tiny one, as I finally just had some little time today to code a bit.

Changelog :

v 1.2 :

- Added an "Abort Launch !" button,

- Reduced the size of the UI.

Kerbalized and Apollo's sound sets are still in the work ... soon (as they said) :wink:

Edit : Forgot to join ModuleManager.dll with the package, spaceport file updated now ;)

Edited by Athlonic

V1.2 released.

A tiny one, as I finally just had some little time today to code a bit.

Kerbalized and Apollo's sound sets are still in the work ... soon (as they said) :wink:

Edit : Forgot to join ModuleManager.dll with the package, spaceport file updated now ;)

Cool, ill keep watching for updates, nice work.

Actually, Jack King, the "voice of Apollo Launch Control" who famously did the PAO feed commentary for Apollo 11's launch, is still alive. I wonder if anyone here knows someone who knows him, and might be able to arrange for him to record some commentary for this mod... XD

In fact,you could easily make a chain of that type(someone who know someone who know someone.....)to Jack King;the chain could consist of only 7 persons,all you have to do is to find them :)

EDIT:Well,tuned out I was wrong :(

only six persons is required :D !

Here's the link for the source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

suggestion:

it would be awesome to be able assign some event(like,ingnition sequence start,main engine start,booster iginition etc...)to a certain time of the countdown(example:t-minus 8.9(the ignition sequence of the 5 engines of saturn V first stage was started at that moment).

I don't have enough experience in sound manipulation to know wether or not it would be difficult,even if I think it is difficult.

Anyway,I have enabled sound just to hear the countdown.

Suggestion 2:Can you make the countdown louder?

Edited by goldenpeach

• 2 months later...

V 1.3 Released :

Changelog :

v 1.3 :

- Made audio sequences being tied to "voices" volume setting instead of engines

- Also made audio 2D+panLevel 0 to avoid weird sounds issues when zooming view

- Added "Apollo Style" launch sequence

- Added a setting window allowing to choose launch sequences

- updated with Module Manager 4992.21296 (Sarbian's version)

Also some changes :

* Put your in-game engines volume around 25% for the best launch sequence experience

When using "Apollo Style" launch sequence :

1. You can set your first stage with liquid fuel engines, and your second stage with launch clamps and SRB.
  2. This way you can spool up your main engines (at around 10% thrust) by activating your first stage when "engine ignition start" is announced at T-8 seconds.
  3. Gently put generous throttle when "All engines running" is announced at T-1 second.
  4. And wait for the release of the clamps and Lift-off !

Have fun ;)

Some of the best mods are the ones that add immersion, and this should be a hella lot popular, has it been featured yet? Reckon once you get the sounds to be 'kerbalized' it may be looked at to be featured on the weekly report...

Anyhow, awesome mod! One of my favorites.

Yes,I seem to be having a few Issues with this great Mod..The Biggest one is that The Launch Countdown and Kerbal Alarm Clock dont get along,AT ALL. Having both installed at the same time causes some wierdness.I'm floating high Above Kerbin,Engine FX going everywhere..and the Entire System is all out of Whack.Eello is Intersecting Jool,all the Orbits are Eliptical..Kerbin is gone and when I go to the map it's a Zoomed up view of the sun.

Unistalling either this or Kerbal Alarm Clock fixes the issue,so I went with this instead..loving it BTW..but when I return to the VAB,the entire interface goes to hell and I can select anything at the Staging corrupts.I can only Click Exit,which takes 3 or 4 clicks to do what it's told.and Then I Can only go back to the main menu and exit the game...

I've tried to recreate the Problem to get a Debug log...but now it's just Crashing any time I try to go back to the Space Center.

Mods installed:

B9 Aerospace

My Personal Flag Folder

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Procedural Fairings

Mech Jeb

Vet Tech Tech Tree

The New SRB and Engine Sounds

Hope we can find a fix.

V 1.4 Released :

v 1.4 :

- Added Kerbalized audio (first pass)

You asked for it, here it is :wink:

Launch count down is now Kerbalized finally (default audio set) !

I still plan to fine tune it with some onscreen text translation and stuff, later.

Hope you like it, feel free to post feedback ;)

@Char0093 :

Your issues are definitely weird, I am using Kerbal Alarm Clock as well but I don't have any problem you mentioned.

- Try to uninstall these 2 mods completely, do not forget to remove any .xml file which may stay in each mod's "plugindata" folders.

- If you are overwriting any Module Manager file with mine, try to use another one just to see what happen.

Nice job, the only problem I have is the voice is a little high pitch. Like Kerbal Junior is in mission control, lol. That just takes some tweaking since this is first release of Kerbalized voice. Other than that, the mod works good.

V 1.4 Released :

You asked for it, here it is :wink:

Launch count down is now Kerbalized finally (default audio set) !

I still plan to fine tune it with some onscreen text translation and stuff, later.

Hope you like it, feel free to post feedback ;)

@Char0093 :

Your issues are definitely weird, I am using Kerbal Alarm Clock as well but I don't have any problem you mentioned.

- Try to uninstall these 2 mods completely, do not forget to remove any .xml file which may stay in each mod's "plugindata" folders.

- If you are overwriting any Module Manager file with mine, try to use another one just to see what happen.

Well,thanks for the reply..unfortunately,none of that helped.

To start,I D/L'd your latest Version and tried it out.And when I went back to the VAB,I got the problem I described the first time.And I got the log this time

[LOG 20:10:23.693] [FlightDriver]: Flight State Reverted to Prelaunch.

[LOG 20:10:23.698] Game State Saved as persistent

[WRN 20:10:23.701] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to EDITOR =====================

[LOG 20:10:24.899] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin

[LOG 20:10:26.504] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon component 'EditorScreenMessager' from assembly 'ProceduralFairings, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

[LOG 20:10:26.548] ------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------

[LOG 20:10:26.549] editor started

[LOG 20:10:26.941] Parsing int

[LOG 20:10:26.942] Parsing rect

[LOG 20:10:26.953] Parsing int

[LOG 20:10:26.954] Parsing rect

[LOG 20:10:26.964] Parsing int

[LOG 20:10:26.965] Parsing rect

[LOG 20:10:27.271] Kerbal X loaded!

[EXC 20:10:27.285] IOException: Win32 IO returned 1224. Path: C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\KSP_win\GameData\LaunchCountDown\Plugins\PluginData\LaunchCountDown\config.xml

Now,this is a Fresh install,your new Module Manager.dll and everything.So,I Removed it completly,and put a fresh version of your 1.4 in,WITHOUT the Module Manager.dll included and pulled one from my Vet Tech Tech Tree Folder...and it reverted to the FIRST thing I originally Described,with the Game going all whacky like a Kraken Attack.

Hopefully there's some info you can mine off that.

Thanks Char0093,

This sounds like a permission denied to write the config file.

Can you try to move your KSP installation outside any "system protected" folder (users, program files, ...) ?

A folder like C:\Games\KSP_win\... should be fine.

Other alternative would be to disable temporarily UAC (not recommended on the long term)

If it still doesn't work, disable temporarily your antivirus software just to see if it has something to do with the deny of file creation.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Mod!

Only one problem there is young padawan ;) Lag... right now at bigger rockets there is a horrible lag between audio and visual.. Usually the audio ends round about 5-9 seconds before the end.. so visual is still ticking happy away.

would it not make more sense to cut the audio file in small peaces and let the visual countdown trigger the audio. so even with lag it would say One when there is actually a 1 on the screen and not a 8 ,)

Apart from that "minor" drawback" it's realy cool :)

I expected this to happen. :(

Once I got a "one second stutter" which delayed the whole onscreen sequence, so I wondered if physics "slowmo thingy" will be an issue.

Thanks for reporting this.

I already have some ideas to workaround this.

But first I have to change how my mod manage sounds files, if not, my code will looks like a "copy/pasta" mess ^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.