[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

so its interstellar soo... it could be posible to have something like cryo pods( for life support mods) that froze kerbal that he dot use resousers (and cant pilot ship)

it will be futuristic like other parts of thiese mod have anybody think about it?

Very very good idea Sober! I remember there's a old mod like that: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47228-Cryogenic-sleep-mod

Edited by Dix2lespace

so its interstellar soo... it could be posible to have something like cryo pods( for life support mods) that froze kerbal that he dot use resousers (and cant pilot ship)

it will be futuristic like other parts of thiese mod have anybody think about it?

Would be a decent use for the normally useless liquid helium coolant eh?

Very very good idea Sober! I remember there's a old mod like that: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47228-Cryogenic-sleep-mod

not a mod but only an idea i saw it before

Would be a decent use for the normally useless liquid helium coolant eh?

liquid helium vaporize preete fast so it would be good for mid range trawel but not to interstellar ( like when u have for example multiple solar systems instaled without warp drive is preete imposible to get there withch any kerbal with life spport system and back with data)

Out of curiosity I took a little look at the pre-release code available on GitHub, there are fixes in there for a few issues. So no, 0.12 isn't just moving to TweakScale. I think he mentioned that there was also going to be some rebalancing too.

i installed the experimental version and now my rockets spawn partially clipped into the launchpad, like the hole engine and some of the fuel tank is underground. :(

edit: my rocket lifted up out of the launchpad fine when i fired the engines and launched, so i can deal :P

Edited by Deadpangod3

Yea, I've been hoping for something like this, although I haven't a clue how to implement it. Would be an awesome capstone tech to mitigate TAC resource use (even though, yes, you can slap on more than enough modules with the thrust power you have at that point..).

Also, instead of using that resource recovery mod, it'd be nice if the AM/Fusion reactors could come with a smidgen of AP/He3 just to get them into low orbit... I appreciate the challenge and investment of getting all that AP/He3 mining infrastructure going, but it's a real pain to have to get every advanced-engine craft into orbit using other means (when they could SSTO otherwise), then fueled. Would be nice to have enough to get an AP-spaceplane into LKO, and then have to deal with fueling, etc. once up there.

My fission reactors keep saying "Uranium Deprived" or "Resource deprived. I've tried unloading and reloading my fuel, swapping my fuel, making sure they're full on fuel, attaching extra fuel tanks to my reactor. Nothing is working. Has anyone else run into this and if so how did they fix it?

Yea, I've been hoping for something like this, although I haven't a clue how to implement it. Would be an awesome capstone tech to mitigate TAC resource use (even though, yes, you can slap on more than enough modules with the thrust power you have at that point..).

I've been thinking a lot about this idea. I wish really my programming skills were a more robust (everything I've done up till now has been bash scripts or python) because I have a general idea about how to do this. If you moved the Kerbal off of the "active" ship and held them in limbo waiting to be respawned by your part module when you "unfroze" them, any lifesupport mod (TAC or other) should stop counting them and having them consume resources. In theory it'd also protect the kerbal from other dangers such high-g death from Deadly Reentry or health degradation from that fitness mod. It would also remove them from helping out with OKS/MKS or EPL productivity.

Bah, ideas are easy though; it's the implementation that's hard.

-snip

Also, instead of using that resource recovery mod, it'd be nice if the AM/Fusion reactors could come with a smidgen of AP/He3 just to get them into low orbit... I appreciate the challenge and investment of getting all that AP/He3 mining infrastructure going, but it's a real pain to have to get every advanced-engine craft into orbit using other means (when they could SSTO otherwise), then fueled. Would be nice to have enough to get an AP-spaceplane into LKO, and then have to deal with fueling, etc. once up there.

Just make your tanks tweakable then.

Just make your tanks tweakable then.

I'm aware. I could also tweak AM engines to not use antimatter at all. Or download even more mods to store/generate AP at KSP, or create some hideous combination of drop pods, a tanker, and KAS to drop AP, fuel a waiting craft on the pad, pull the tanker away so I don't lose its precious cargo on unload, and repeat. Yes, everything is tweakable with enough mods. I was hoping for an in-house refinement that doesn't require mods and mods and mods to refine a small, purposeless gameplay inconvenience while still preserving the spirit of the expansion and keeping it standalone.

Wave, as a thought, would granting the "exotic" engines a tiny, tiny storage capacity (for plot's sake, representing what paltry quantities Kerbals could generate in-house in order to test and build the damn thing) pre-filled with the relevant resource work? Could you keep the presumably-attached storage containers unfillable with the mod as-is, to preserve (what I think) is the overall intent of the challenge? My programming experience extends to inputting my PIN code into the ATM - I don't know if it's possible or a tall order, just curious.

Thanks Wave! (No necessary need to reply, we know you're busy with improvements and, er, meatspace stuff.)

It's an interesting mod but all he really did was make kerbin's sun orbit another bigger sun. He extended the planetary system. The distances involved are not really on the scale you'd expect for interstellar travel, even with KSP's 1/8 scale.

You can increase the distance from the black hole with "HyperEdit 0.24" and slowdown the speed rotation of the stars. You can almost to travel in strait line.

You can increase the distance from the black hole with "HyperEdit 0.24" and slowdown the speed rotation of the stars. You can almost to travel in strait line.

You say this but have you actually tried it? My experience is that KSP's physics start bugging out when you get to very large* distances and orbits. Try putting something in a 9.46 x 10^12km orbit around the sun and see what happens. (That is 9,460,000,000,000km btw, that is one lightyear, and 1/4 the distance to our nearest star)

And as far as I know currently everything must orbit SOMETHING in the KSP engine. I don't think you can have celestial bodies with their own systems not orbiting each other. This is why the StarSystems mod tosses a 'black hole' in the middle and makes the stars orbit that.

*Very large here being VERY VERY large.

anyone know why even thou my panels show they generating wasteheat that none of it is building up it stays at 0 even thou i have nothing on the ship to reduce it

IIRC Ships do have a very small amount of heat radiation even without a radiator. Also if you have some certain B9 cargo bays installed, the doors act as radiators.

You say this but have you actually tried it? My experience is that KSP's physics start bugging out when you get to very large* distances and orbits. Try putting something in a 9.46 x 10^12km orbit around the sun and see what happens. (That is 9,460,000,000,000km btw, that is one lightyear, and 1/4 the distance to our nearest star)

And as far as I know currently everything must orbit SOMETHING in the KSP engine. I don't think you can have celestial bodies with their own systems not orbiting each other. This is why the StarSystems mod tosses a 'black hole' in the middle and makes the stars orbit that.

*Very large here being VERY VERY large.

I've tryied (with hyperEdit) with "planet factory" in KSP 0.23. I've put the Serious system at 0,4 light years to Kerbol system. I've didn't tried the same with StarSystem mod in ksp 0.24. But The Star system mod have some bug in ksp 64bit (so I prefer to wait).

Hi! I met this weird bug.. any of reactors and almost all interstellar engines acting like they aren’t there at all. Ship just fall through them. And engines have two jets. Does anybody knows how to fix it? I had very similar problem with B9 sabre engine, and there everything solves by updating some dll files.

(KSP 0.24.2 x64)

2r1zrxt.png

nlqy5k.png

25aotfr.png

Thanks!