[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Arg! I thought I got everything updated correctly.

I'll start making new charts tonight. Darn awesome constantly updating mod bringing us new awesome things every week. Fractal you're working too hard. :)

To be honest, I didn't really plan to make the last update, it was supposed to be a nice leisurely march towards version 0.8 and working on exciting new features, but sometimes bugs disrupt plans. That's why small amounts of new content have trickled in with the bugfixes.

I think that looks awesome...

screenshot11.png

Very, very slowly getting there.... >.> (the only part that doesn't get scrapped over and over again are the two radiators... every thing else is constantly being build fresh from the start, because the former idea sucked >.<)

0.7.2 worked fine for me. 0.7.3 won't load. when ksp fires up and is going through the loading screen before game starts and shows all the files being loaded, it stops at:

Interstellar/warpplugin/parts/engines/MPD/part/MPD

It won't load that file for some reason. I tried re-downloading it and not. I even looked for old traces of older version of Interstellar, nothing.

Very, very slowly getting there.... >.> (the only part that doesn't get scrapped over and over again are the two radiators... every thing else is constantly being build fresh from the start, because the former idea sucked >.<)

I imagine you're going to hyperedit the thing into space, in that case?

Also, I can't remember where I saw it, but you might want to look up on youtube an effort that someone already attempted for this same ship. Might give some inspiration on how to resolve build issues you might be having.

Fractal, not sure if it's related to the earlier bug or not, but after I got this science lab into Jool orbit, I spun up and then decoupled the transfer stage. After doing so, the electric generator on top started to slowly drift away from everything else: http://i.imgur.com/kpHqGWp.jpg

It's still attached and I can still interact with it, but it produces electric charge at an abysmal rate, to the point that the antimatter container can't maintain a charge anymore. If I time accelerate, it snaps back into position at the top of the reactor, but stopping acceleration causes the drift again.

0.7.2 worked fine for me. 0.7.3 won't load. when ksp fires up and is going through the loading screen before game starts and shows all the files being loaded, it stops at:

Interstellar/warpplugin/parts/engines/MPD/part/MPD

It won't load that file for some reason. I tried re-downloading it and not. I even looked for old traces of older version of Interstellar, nothing.

You've installed the plugin in the wrong location, you need to get rid of that "Interstellar" folder and put the WarpPlugin folder directly in GameData.

Fractal, not sure if it's related to the earlier bug or not, but after I got this science lab into Jool orbit, I spun up and then decoupled the transfer stage. After doing so, the electric generator on top started to slowly drift away from everything else: http://i.imgur.com/kpHqGWp.jpg

It's still attached and I can still interact with it, but it produces electric charge at an abysmal rate, to the point that the antimatter container can't maintain a charge anymore. If I time accelerate, it snaps back into position at the top of the reactor, but stopping acceleration causes the drift again.

It's definitely related, those bugs are really nasty. Fix will be released in 5 minutes.

Edited by Fractal_UK

zzz: I tried placing this in the HeatRadiator folder but in-game it looks like the standard unfolding radiator. The orientation has been changed to radial but it's the wrong model. I noticed that the cfg file has mesh = Model.mu. I replaced this with mesh = rheat.mu but it had no effect.

Is there anything else you could suggest?

What I did was just rename the file to HeatRadiatorS and manually dropped it in the electrical parts folder of interstellar. I'm pretty sure you need to keep it separate from the normal radiator folder since they have different models.

Edit: I had a question as well. I have 5 separate AM tanks each with their own collector on a ship, but only 1 is collecting right now. Do they pool their collections into one tank first and then fill others?

Edited by Thogapotomus

Yeah I usually put those 3 folders from download and make one called Interstellar and put those folders in there. It's easier for me to keep your mod together.

Unfortunately, the mod requires a fixed directory structure, it won't load the propellant files for those engines if you don't install it in the right place. Previously that just meant that those engines wouldn't work but now that information is required on loading in order to populate information about those parts in the VAB.

I didn't know that would cause a problem. I always thought when I downloaded a mod and files were not in one folder I figured they forgot. So I always put them on one I made. Never thinking it the files were meant to work that way. I may have to check my other mods.

Hey fractal, more bugs:

- If you put a reactor in this configuration (put down a probe body first, then the reactor on top of that, then the generator on top of the reactor (and then add a radiator):

http://imgur.com/d6Hc1t4,BZi7ply

You get blank info screens for the generator... not sure why

- Old parts (non-upgraded parts) that were generated in sandbox mode before the 0.22 KSP update can no longer be upgraded. I'm assuming it's due to the new science resource interaction (and that sandbox mode doesn't have any science).

http://imgur.com/d6Hc1t4,BZi7ply#1

Btw, awesome mod! And take your time with the bug fixes, haha. I'm just doing my job as a beta tester of this mod. =)

Version 0.7.4 Released

Sorry about those bugs, I am however confident we're on to something stable now.

Changelog:

Version 0.7.4
-Added option to stop/start charging antimatter tank when it doesn't need the charge
-Added ZZZ's small radial radiator
-Fixed generator attachment null reference exception
-Fixed same possible bug in thermal nozzle (it probably isn't possible here but best to be on the safe side)

Given that this is a tiny update, I've made an upgrade patch, which is really tiny for those of your on slow connection (Important: This will only work from version 0.7.3 ----> 0.7.4): Upgrade Patch

Download links in the first post have also been updated.

Hey fractal, more bugs:

- If you put a reactor in this configuration (put down a probe body first, then the reactor on top of that, then the generator on top of the reactor (and then add a radiator):

http://imgur.com/d6Hc1t4,BZi7ply

You get blank info screens for the generator... not sure why

This is fixed in 0.7.4 (which was release just as I posted this. Thanks Fractal! =D)

- Old parts (non-upgraded parts) that were generated in sandbox mode before the 0.22 KSP update can no longer be upgraded. I'm assuming it's due to the new science resource interaction (and that sandbox mode doesn't have any science).

http://imgur.com/d6Hc1t4,BZi7ply#1

This is still a bug, but it's a super minor one. =P

"Oh look, an update for KSPI! Let's download this pretty new 0.7.3 version. *refresh* wait what 0.7.4--"

EDIT: On another note, Fractal will you consider please adding another node before warp drives for the upgraded antimatter reactors? I feel like this is a better step before warp drives.

Hey fractal, more bugs:

And take your time with the bug fixes, haha. I'm just doing my job as a beta tester of this mod. =)

Okay, I'll give you a whole 30 seconds between you reporting it and releasing the fix ;)

I know about this one, it actually only happens with certain parts but I'm not entirely sure how to fix it without causing unwanted updates in career mode at the moment. It's because most of the old parts didn't have an initialisation variable pre-0.22 but the generators did, that's why old ones don't like automatically upgrading themselves in sandbox mode. I will probably sort out a fix in the future but unlike the other bug it doesn't need an urgent fix.

If you want to fix it yourself though it's quite easy. Just go into your save file, search for "FNGenerator", then search for "isupgraded" both without the quotes and change isupgraded = false to isupgraded = true.

"Oh look, an update for KSPI! Let's download this pretty new 0.7.3 version. *refresh* wait what 0.7.4--"

EDIT: On another note, Fractal will you consider please adding another node before warp drives for the upgraded antimatter reactors? I feel like this is a better step before warp drives.

I think making changes to the TechTree is going to be a fairly difficult job to get the changes rolled to everyone, it's no problem for new save files but legacy save files might be more of issue. For now, I'm avoiding doing it because I'd rather keep updates as straightforward as possible. I will probably make changes eventually but as a large set of changes all made together.

Hey Fractal, any way I can set up an action group for anti matter tank charge?

No, I didn't think it was worth added because the button only applies in certain situations (when you have 0.1 antimatter or less in the tank). When you have more than that, the KSC Health and Safety officers have programmed the antimatter tanks to begin charging automatically in order to prevent premature death.

I imagine you're going to hyperedit the thing into space, in that case?

Also, I can't remember where I saw it, but you might want to look up on youtube an effort that someone already attempted for this same ship. Might give some inspiration on how to resolve build issues you might be having.

If it's the same one I know, that one was a seperate model, not something built from "common" mod parts.

And the current plan doesn't involve massive hyperediting, no.

At the moment, I'm not yet "fleshing" that beast out, I'm building the girder framework (using Talisar's girders), which upon completion I will weld using UbioZur's Plugin. That will reduce lag and also make it possible for this whole thing to exist without melting my machine and/or sudden explosions without reasons :D

The girder frame will have docking ports of various sizes spread across it (of course only where needed), modules and other stuff will be docked and strutted (KAS) there.

Some stuff where docking in orbit seems contraproductive will be added to the framework directly before launch (currently, the head radiators for example).

Of course, that's just the plan. I'll see how it works out.

But I really don't want to... "cheat" the whole thing. The welded framework is necessary, but I would like to limit shady stuff to that.

Given that this is a tiny update, I've made an upgrade patch, which is really tiny for those of your on slow connection

You're a savior, thank you :)

whenever I look at the AM tanks I see "Piglet" and "Bear" and think "Pigbear?"

PIGBEAR! Bacon that kills you with it's claws... *hides and drools*

No, I didn't think it was worth added because the button only applies in certain situations (when you have 0.1 antimatter or less in the tank). When you have more than that, the KSC Health and Safety officers have programmed the antimatter tanks to begin charging automatically in order to prevent premature death.

I was launching them in groups of 8 with a probe to meet up with the main collection module and they kept eating my probes electric. Even after I switched them all off though, I couldn't maintain a charge so I slapped a probe gen/reactor combo on.

Edit: Do the collectors have to be attached to a tank, or can I just haul up some collectors to help fill the station's tanks faster?

Edited by Thogapotomus

Edit: Do the collectors have to be attached to a tank, or can I just haul up some collectors to help fill the station's tanks faster?
As long as all of the parts between the collector and tank are all fuel-flow enabled, you're fine. Learned this when I attached a massive collector array to my tank with I-beams and spent hours trying to get the damn thing into orbit only to find that it did nothing. :P