[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Ah, forgot about KAS. Okay, I'm thinking finally getting some use out of those giant wheels and making a mobile mega-refinery. Sure, efficiency will be lousy, but it's something for the ground team to do while I'm waiting for that mini jool-probe to get where it's going.

I use KAS to transfer fuel via pipes.

Of your could just put a docking port on the bottom of one of your launch clamps which makes ground docking easier.

So...looked all over, and the search is not cooperating with me. What is this KAS so many speak of, and where can I find it? (Please don't say the Spaceport...it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy).

So...looked all over, and the search is not cooperating with me. What is this KAS so many speak of, and where can I find it? (Please don't say the Spaceport...it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53134-Kerbal-Attachment-System-%28KAS%29-0-4-4-Struts-pipes-part-containers-and-more-%280-22%29

I'd like to see these charts using a consistent intensity scale (although it'd be pretty difficult to get Jool/Kerbol and the other bodies onto the same scale, so perhaps two different scales). That will make the differences between the bodies much more apparent at a glance; currently you have to compare them strictly by the numbers since the shapes are identical.

You could always use this chart to figure out where the best concentrations of antimatter are located at.

z1z1DUT.png

However you do have a good point, I might try and consolidate the Flux charts into a more singular graph fashion once I finish the science chart(s).

And the reason that they are similar in shape is because there is lot of meaningless blue (low flux) that got removed to reduce the RAM usage of the figures when I was generating the charts on my computer.

I seem to have a problem downloading this mod in .22. I had the last version since .21. When I start up KSP, the loading screen gets stuck when it starts to load in the Interstellar parts. First the MPD engines weren't working so I deleted them. Now the thermal nozzles won't load. Do we know of a fix for this? Thanks. I really want to use this mod to extend the length of my career playthroughs.

I have started working with this mod again, and have found a bad bug. When I resume a quicksave or load the game near Jool, the generators do not seem to throttle up in response to my DT Vista engines and there is nothing I can do about it. Current power shows zero and the megajoules just keep draining.

I seem to have a problem downloading this mod in .22. I had the last version since .21. When I start up KSP, the loading screen gets stuck when it starts to load in the Interstellar parts. First the MPD engines weren't working so I deleted them. Now the thermal nozzles won't load. Do we know of a fix for this? Thanks. I really want to use this mod to extend the length of my career playthroughs.

You may be over your memory limit. What other mods do you have installed?

Ah....a lot. :) Firespitter, KOSMOS, NovaPunch (huge I know), MechJeb 2, HL Airships, Pirated Weapons, Romfarer Lazor, and HyperEdit. Would purging some of the useless structural parts from NovaPunch help?

Yep. Try removing some parts you don't need

Ah....a lot. :) Firespitter, KOSMOS, NovaPunch (huge I know), MechJeb 2, HL Airships, Pirated Weapons, Romfarer Lazor, and HyperEdit. Would purging some of the useless structural parts from NovaPunch help?

Also, try loading things at Half-Res or even less (settings menu/launcher). That can help a bunch...

This is not caused by having too many mods installed, it's caused by installing Interstellar in the wrong location. Unzip the mod into your main KSP directory and it will work.

So this is the list of mods I'm considering applying to stock KSP along with KSPI...

Procedural Fairings (Highly optional, second to go if too many mods)

Procedural Wings (Highly optional, first to go if too many mods)

FAR (Seems to be a bit of a no-brainer to keep)

KW Rocketry (Also highly useful and I keep hearing it's a bit better than NP)

B9 Aerospace (Seems to be just about as useful and important as FAR)

KAS (Also almost indispensably useful in KSPI specifically)

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (Seems like a no-brainer to keep part counts down, but third to go if too much)

UbioZur Welding (Also seems really too useful not to have for keeping part counts down)

Kethane (Seems to be fairly common and useful, but not at all necessary)

Extra-planetary Launchpads (Would seem to be a no-brainer for KSPI, and Kethane, considering their need for off-planet outposts)

Would it be worthwhile to use only part of B9, if I choose to go with the Procedural mods? Essentially just take out all the wings and such? Or perhaps are the procedural wings simply pointless with the variety B9 offers?

Would it be worthwhile in the same case to take the fairings and such out of KWR for the same reason? Should I skip KWR entirely since FAR seems to make the stock rockets significantly more effective?

I haven't even downloaded any of these yet, because I wanted input first. So, suggestions?

I don't know about the wings but I always delete all of the fairings if I use procedural fairings mod. Its so good you don't need any others.

Seems like the best thing for me to do at first, would be to pop in B9 and Procedural Wings, and see which wings perform better?

I mean, if I can make a wing any size and shape I want, and get lift that scales properly out of it...I can't imagine needing anything else except perhaps tail fins of varying types. And probably not even those, since I could conceivably just make vertical wing fins of any size and shape I need to get the job done.

I have started working with this mod again, and have found a bad bug. When I resume a quicksave or load the game near Jool, the generators do not seem to throttle up in response to my DT Vista engines and there is nothing I can do about it. Current power shows zero and the megajoules just keep draining.

I did some more testing with this bug, and I have a save that is just within the orbit of Laythe, that is not bugged, but a save with an altitude of around 4300k above Jool is bugged.

This is not caused by having too many mods installed, it's caused by installing Interstellar in the wrong location. Unzip the mod into your main KSP directory and it will work.

Yep, that did it. Loaded up and started a new Career save. The OP mentioned something about choosing the Interstellar tech tree. I didn't get that option. Is that an issue?

Yep, that did it. Loaded up and started a new Career save. The OP mentioned something about choosing the Interstellar tech tree. I didn't get that option. Is that an issue?

I've been having that too, but all the tech is included in what is apparently the stock tree, so it still works with no problems for me so far.

I guess since the new Tecloader Update (in the Plugin) this Techtree loading is notmore soooo essential.

It does seemingly now work better with several Tectrees, as long the additional "nodes" do not differ real.

If you're having problems selecting the tech tree with treeloader, try downloading this tree.cfg file and place it in your game's save file folder (alongside your persistence and quicksave files).

Just to clarify, you need the dll for quickloader installed to read a 'tree.cfg' file you paste in there, right Fraktal.UK? Just checking I understand thisl :)

Just to clarify, you need the dll for quickloader installed to read a 'tree.cfg' file you paste in there, right Fraktal.UK? Just checking I understand thisl :)

Treeloader, yep but that is distributed with Interstellar, so you should have a copy of it already.