[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

This mod is helping me learn how to dock. Excellent.

Sorry if this has already been asked but, is there a way to stop the icon resetting its postition to about an inch in and an inch down from the top left corner? I'd like to repostion it and have it stay there.

NavyFish, been using your mod almost from the beginning; I had taken a break from KSP over the last six months and missed the last mod update, and I didn't have a chance to try out the new version until this past weekend. I love the changes you've made to the UI; the instruments are showing up nice and clear now on my Byzantine, low-end graphics box. Thanks again for all of the hard work you've put into this mod; I know I myself and many of the rest of us really depend on it.

Hi, I'm running .24 and have just installed this mod. Did everything as instructed and merged the downloaded GameData folder into the existing one in KSP. However, I can not seem to get it to pop up in game. Even when I right click "control from here" on one port and then right click target another port on another ship the HUD doesn't pop up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mod several times with the same results. Anything I'm doing wrong? I've read other posts and it seems that it is working for other .24 users. Thanks

Hello!

I wanted to invite you NavyFish to a discussion on a mod list I'm testing. Let me know in that thread if you would be interested in helping test other listed mods with yours, or if you already have.

Inigma's KSP Essentials Mod List

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94353-WIP-Inigma-s-KSP-Essentials-Mod-List-%28in-Testing%29

I'm having a problem with toolbar integration. I'm using Blizzy's latest release on KSP 24.2 64-bit. Everything else seems to work fine with the toolbar but the Docking Port Alignment Indicator still has it's own icon that floats on it's own. I can't get it IN the toolbar. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Edited by xtoro

I'm having a problem with toolbar integration. I'm using Blizzy's latest release on KSP 24.2 64-bit. Everything else seems to work fine with the toolbar but the Docking Port Alignment Indicator still has it's own icon that floats on it's own. I can't get it IN the toolbar. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

See the "[0.23.5]" part of the thread title? It hasn't yet been updated to use the 0.24 toolbar.

xtoro's not asking about the stock toolbar, but Blizzy's. DPAI works just fine with 0.24 so long as you update Module Manager.

That said, Blizzy's not currently supporting Toolbar on Windows 64-bit. I also suspect you may have installed DPAI incorrectly. If reinstalling it doesn't fix the problem, you'll need to provide more information as suggested by the How to Get Support (READ FIRST) sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum.

xtoro's not asking about the stock toolbar, but Blizzy's. DPAI works just fine with 0.24 so long as you update Module Manager.

That said, Blizzy's not currently supporting Toolbar on Windows 64-bit. I also suspect you may have installed DPAI incorrectly. If reinstalling it doesn't fix the problem, you'll need to provide more information as suggested by the How to Get Support (READ FIRST) sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum.

Correct, I'm asking about blizzy's toolbar. Also, I'm using KSP 64-bit on Linux not Windoze. I dropped the DPAI folder in my gamedata... Not really hard to "install" or mess up... I've been using mods and playing KSP for almost 2 years now so I doubt it's that... I'm also using the latest Module Manager. The icon just doesn't show up in the toolbar and it sits there on it's own.

Correct, I'm asking about blizzy's toolbar. Also, I'm using KSP 64-bit on Linux not Windoze. I dropped the DPAI folder in my gamedata... Not really hard to "install" or mess up... I've been using mods and playing KSP for almost 2 years now so I doubt it's that... I'm also using the latest Module Manager. The icon just doesn't show up in the toolbar and it sits there on it's own.

My apologies, I misunderstood.

I dropped the DPAI folder in my gamedata... Not really hard to "install" or mess up... I've been using mods and playing KSP for almost 2 years now so I doubt it's that...

Do you mean the folder in GameData named is DockingPortAlignmentIndicator_4.0 or NavyFish? It should be the NavyFish folder inside the zip.

Do you mean the folder in GameData named is DockingPortAlignmentIndicator_4.0 or NavyFish? It should be the NavyFish folder inside the zip.

KSP/GameData/NavyFish is what I have. And then it's the mod manager, plugins folder etc etc...

I'm definitely running into issues that's possibly related to this mod -- when I move ships with docking ports away from each other, I often get lots and lots of Null Reference Exceptions until I back out to the space center. Usually this manifests itself as the UI flickering.

Anyone else getting similar problems? It could also be a different mod I have, but since it never happens when I use decouplers to detach ships, this is the likely culprit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey NavyFish

First I have to say I absolutely love your mod and it's mandatory for me now. I could fly with it but it makes docking a joy and life much easier. I have 1 question, is it possible to integrate the window into an IVA window ala RPM? That would be pretty cool and enhance the IVA playstyle even more.

Thanks again for making this fantastic mod!

I've noticed something about the latest build. Unless your within a 2-5 degree cone of the docking port you get the "opposite side" marker. While its not a big concern for the stick and rudder players, people using Mechjeb will have problems as mechjeb will endlessly circle the object until it lucks out and gets with in the cone. Older versions had it so that when you were within about 90 degrees (seemed like 88 degrees to me) is when it would switch.

Recompiled from source for 0.24.2 - <link deleted>

DLLs only included, overwrite the old install

EDIT: Sorry, apparently I shouldn't post binaries without a license and whatnot, so I've deleted the link

Edited by nlight

Hey guys,

I've looked through the last 10 pages on this thread and haven't seen an answer to the question I'm about to pose.

When I click on the Download link, it takes me to the Curse webpage and under the supported "Game Versions" it says that the mod supports 0.23.5, 0.23 & 0.22

Curious to know as to why it doesn't include 0.24 or 0.24.2 in that list.

Cheers!

Thanks again for an awesome mod.

(Been away from ksp for the last 6 months. Looking forward to play with all the new features of the game and the mods)

I have not updated the mod for several months, and it seems like .24 has changed significantly enough to introduce a number of bugs.

Mod's not dead, but I haven't worked on it since .23.5 came out. I haven't even installed KSP .24, as my life has been quite busy lately, and I haven't been online often.

I'm getting closer to being able to come back, but I'm not quite there yet. There will be an update compiling to .25's codebase, add a number of small features, and change the auto-targeting behavior by introducing a new mechanic entirely (you'll like it much better, and it gives control of targeting back to the player while maintaining the convenience that the auto targeting provided, for those who wish to use it).

Perhaps coincident with the next update, or shortly after, I'll be putting up a github repo for the mod, and will allow folks to maintain/add features via branches and pull requests. Not giving up control of the mod, particularly because I foresee myself having much more time in the near future, but I'd like to facilitate easier collaboration and community patches.

Hope that satisfies, or at least abates. I apologize for the gap in updates! Blame the US Navy! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.