[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

On 7/5/2016 at 0:00 PM, Ghosty141 said:

I'm so stoke to see Hullcam + RPM with  the new shaders in the RPM display, it will make it so much more immersive.

Indeed--they went a long way towards immersion especially in the "Early on" phase of spacecraft technology when you're very dependent on docking cameras and such. Looking forward to the update whenever it comes!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Poldor said:

+1 on an Update! :)

Just a friendly heads up.

Don't "+1" an update request or ask after another has already asked for an update. There is a forum rule against repeated requests and the moderators may bark at'cha. Believe me there are a lot of us stalking this thread but be patient. Either @Albert VDS will return when he is ready or another may take up his mantle in time.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Believe me there are a lot of us stalking this thread

Whatever do you mean? :D

Here's a little clip of the Kazzelblad 500 camera and it's filter in action around Ike (sorry for the gfycat compression), for those that might stumble upon this without understanding how cool the filters were in the 1.0.5 compatible version of Hullcam VDS and might have the desire to patch the filters for 1.1.3 :wink:. Using the camera's on unmanned missions made for great screenshots and gave missions an "authentic" feel.

Not working with 1.1.3 true? almost the shorcuts, if i do it manualy and assigned a group to disable each camera individualy it works, but all the time locks the view and you cant do nothing more to back to see your vesel. Its normal that bug in 1.1.3?

41 minutes ago, MikeZDB said:

Not working with 1.1.3 tryet?

That is correct. Hullcam is not currently working in 1.1.3

Be sure to read back a page or two. Or in this case up just a couple comments. Moderators have been very serious about shutting down threads where it just turns into a back and forth of "is it compatible with the latest version" @Albert VDS has not been active in this thread in a while and he probably just needs a break. Just be patient and there may be another modder that will pick up his work and update it.

But always make sure you look before you ask. There are forum rules about repeatedly asking for updates.

On 24/7/2016 at 9:51 PM, V8jester said:

But always make sure you look before you ask. There are forum rules about repeatedly asking for updates.

Sorry, im confused about the downloads are for 1.1, thanks anyway :)

Sorry for the lack of post, I've been too busy the passed year to even play KSP let alone work on this mod.

I'm debating if I should continue or let someone else take over this mod. I'm leaning more towards someone else taking over, so if someone wants to they can.

2 hours ago, Albert VDS said:

Sorry for the lack of post, I've been too busy the passed year to even play KSP let alone work on this mod.

I'm debating if I should continue or let someone else take over this mod. I'm leaning more towards someone else taking over, so if someone wants to they can.

Gaaah, I can't believe I'm saying this :D

I might be interested in picking it up.

What is the latest stable version?  I see there is a test build (?) for 1.1, what is it's status?

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Gaaah, I can't believe I'm saying this :D

I might be interested in picking it up.

What is the latest stable version?  I see there is a test build (?) for 1.1, what is it's status?

You're becoming the caretaker of this community. Thank you very much for your effort!

1 minute ago, Nansuchao said:

You're becoming the caretaker of this community. Thank you very much for your effort!

This would be in a maintenance mode, as you can guess, I'm rather busy with other stuff.  I'd actually prefer if some other modder would be able to step forward, but if not,  I can do it

Hi everyone,

I'll be taking over this mod.  I have it recompiled and working, but I found a bug which I'd like to fix before doing a release.

The bug is that if you have a camera active and you switch to map mode, it starts throwing lots of NRE's, probably because the camera isn't there.  it shouldn't take too long to find, I hope to release a version on Sunday, if RL doesn't interfere

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi everyone,

I'll be taking over this mod.  I have it recompiled and working, but I found a bug which I'd like to fix before doing a release.

The bug is that if you have a camera active and you switch to map mode, it starts throwing lots of NRE's, probably because the camera isn't there.  it shouldn't take too long to find, I hope to release a version on Sunday, if RL doesn't interfere

Bug found and squashed.  Now I need to run it through my normal packaging process.

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Bug found and squashed.  Now I need to run it through my normal packaging process.

Hey we really appreciate you bringing Hullcam back. Thanks for looking out for the Komunity.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:26 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@linuxgurugamer thank you so much for taking over this mod. I've been wanting a mod like this and was just pointed in the right direction. Was bummed when I saw the mod up for adoption and no 1.1.3 compatibility...then I skipped to the end of the thread and saw you had taken over and were about to release the update! Now I'm stoked! Thanks for picking this mod up! Its going to add a ton to the immersion of the game.