"Sunshine" movie style Deployable Light Globe (updated 25/10/2013)

alexustas

Hi there,

Nice looking mod! This saves us from building unwieldy lighting mounts. However, I want to bring a few issues to your attention:

• Addons posted to the KSP network must be accompanied by a license. See my license selection guide for help.
  • This mod violates the KAS license. You are allowed to distribute parts using KASModuleGrab, but use of KASModuleWinch is restricted. Additionally, your part references a KAS model, which is forbidden by the license. This isn't a takedown notice (KospY is the owner of KAS) but you should be aware that the forum moderators often enforce licenses proactively, and your mod could be removed. I advise you contact KospY, show him your part and ask if you can have permission to distribute it.

Cheers,

Majiir

and everything is fine now?

Hi alexustus - I know you're interested to see what people are doing with your parts, so I've posted a mini mission report about a portable landing pad kit that I built using the deployable light globe and the stack light. It's at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52598-Field-testing-a-landing-pad-kit?p=694770#post694770

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, what am I missing? I can't get this to work at all. I have the latest KAS, and I can place them, but it won't turn on. When deployed there is no option in the right-click menu and when attached to a ship it doesn't turn on with the other lights.

Little help here?

Edit: My bad, Never mind. I missed that it needed Vanguard as well.

Edited by Runescope

I am gonna need some extra fingers to add just another good mod into the "I am a small gem hidden on the Add-On Dev Section muhahah" list.

And yet again, its one of those things that i recently started to think about (a bloody light that can act as in the movie you have in the pics), wanting to get out of the back of my imagination, and now boom finnaly appeared on my browser.

I feel either lucky, or blind ..or a bit of both, anyway big thanks for this :)

Although i do have a question, what happens if you dont KAS-link it to any craft? When the battery dies, i can probably link it then, but if i dont does it stay in persistence? or does it become a debris that you cant interact with?

( I lost what happens with debris after long times. Not 100% sure but I believe they used to be dead weights before 0.16-0.17 ..cant remember)

Edited by Thourion

Not entirelly sure, but i think i can answer my question. After a peek at the .cfg file, i see that you have the ModuleCommand inside, so i guess it can work as a probe and it will stay in persistence, even after long timewarps etc.

If thats true i think ill try to stick, some small RTG function onto it, just to feed its power needs, so i can just plant em all over :sticktongue:

Edited by Thourion

Not entirelly sure, but i think i can answer my question. After a peek at the .cfg file, i see that you have the ModuleCommand inside, so i guess it can work as a probe and it will stay in persistence, even after long timewarps etc.

If thats true i think ill try to stick, some small RTG function onto it, just to feed its power needs, so i can just plant em all over :sticktongue:

Yes, it becomes a Probe after being put separately on the ground.

Of course, you can add a generator, but it's too easy, in my opinion )))

Dear Alexustas,

I do enjoyed your mod part.

This is the way I used that parts using that to lightup the bases that I dropped on mün and mimnus.

1) I liked that I can store globe lights on Kas containers.

2) I liked that I can attach a link to them and this was very useful for the landing places near the base

I published the ships.

Thanks,

Pino.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by pinolallo

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.