[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Im onboard the KW Rocketry hype-train!!! :D That video is awesome! I cant wait this is gonna be bada$$ :D Thanks for your hard work over these years KW team!!! :D

Hot damn! You're right, that was a most excellent video.

Now boarding.. KW Hype Train!

(My 0.24 thread Hype Train just so happens to be a KW-based construction, hooray for re-use!)

HypeTrain-Departing3.jpg

Ahahaha hype-train of great design comrade! :D

Thanks! :) I'm hoping for 0.25, we can have everybody making KSP-built hype trains.

Anyhow, I just love the look of the KW parts - the clean, stripey tanks, the long, elegant engines, the neat Russian-style booster tanks, the various SRBs..

Could you guys post the costs that you went with for the fairings and their adapters, trying to fix the costs the few parts of this pack i'm using while waiting for, the bloody awesome looking, update.

Hot damn! You're right, that was a most excellent video.

Now boarding.. KW Hype Train!

(My 0.24 thread Hype Train just so happens to be a KW-based construction, hooray for re-use!)

http://alpha.renegrade.net/images/HypeTrain-Departing3.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THATS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!

Oh boy, I have made some silly stuff in my KSP time...but this takes the cake by a long shot!

Hats off to ya bud, that's a darn fine train ya got there.

....just curious what top speed on that thing is before 'bad things' start to happen =P

Hmmm, my KSP crashes if i install KW

If you use ATM and have alot of Mods, ATM doesn't work in .24 yet. Still waiting on ATM to update. If you don't use ATM and you have alot of MODS KW uses alot of memory and chances are your game will crash because its hitting the memory limit. If you want to use KW without ATM you really need to clean out some mods. The current version of KW works fine in.24 the prices just aren't very good in Career.

If you use ATM and have alot of Mods, ATM doesn't work in .24 yet. Still waiting on ATM to update. If you don't use ATM and you have alot of MODS KW uses alot of memory and chances are your game will crash because its hitting the memory limit. If you want to use KW without ATM you really need to clean out some mods. The current version of KW works fine in.24 the prices just aren't very good in Career.

If he is running x64 there is no longer such thing as memory limit. Not a sensibly reachable one by KSP anyways.

If he is running x64 there is no longer such thing as memory limit. Not a sensibly reachable one by KSP anyways.

True but if KW is installed and it crashes most likely he isn't running x64.

i installed kw rocketry onto my 64x ksp and no parts show up

Im gonna go out on a limb and say you installed it wrong. Parts not showing up is 9/10 the result of an improper installation. It should be KW Rocketry in your gamedata folder not KW Package Realease or something like that. The KW unzip is packaged KWPackageRelease/Gamedata/KWRocketry. You want to install just the KW Rocketry folder.

@Nowater maybe there is a problem with KW in x64. I am not having any problem with KW and I am not running ATM and I don't have x64. So maybe you are hitting the memory limit somehow? Or more likely KW is not working with 64 bit.

The hype train isn't as fast as the .24 update. It could be sometime this week but i don't think its imminent.

HA!

We have just released v2.6.

Cursefire / MEGA downloads are up in the OP., others to come at a later date.

Here's a quick glance at the changelog:

Updated to v2.6
-Added:
- 5m Fairings, nosecones and interstage shrouds.
- 5m Fuel tanks at L0.5, L1.5, L3.5 sizes.
- Griffon Century added, a 5m heavy lifting engine.
- Titan V added, a mid-powered heavy upper stage engine.
- Globe X-10L & X-10S Inline 2m solid rocket boosters.
- 5m ASAS.
- Various extra adapters.
- Animated 3x2m petal adapter shroud for landers.
- Larger seperation engine.
- All fuel tanks remodelled and retextured, 0.5L sizes added to 1-3m.

-Revised:
- All fuel tanks remodelled and retextured to reduce memory footprint.
- Fairing textures combined to reduce memory footprint.
- Existing engines have been converted to the new FX system and utilise various new stock FX.
- Specular maps have been drastically improved on the majority of parts adding alot more visual depth.
- Flag decals added to all the longest tanks and the new Globe X-10 series.
- SPS is now fuelled by monopropellant.
- Sound effect tweaks.

-Balance
- All prices reworked to be more inline with stock.
- Research reworked to be more inline with stock requirements.
- Minor retweaks to existing engines, srbs and fuel tanks. 1m Vesta engine rebalanced to be more inline with balanced progression.
- Power response added to engines relative to their role or size. eg. GriffonXX has a relatively slow throttle up time due to it being a large stage 1 lifting engine.

-Misc
-Textures and sounds moved/combined to reduce memory footprint, where possible.
-Added an extra top node to the majority of engines, this extra node allows for manual shrouds/adaptershrouds to be placed without triggering the automatic shrouds.

Basically in addition to adding the new 5m parts, we've redone all the existing tanks/adapters in one way or another, be it remodeling and remaking or just updating the specular maps.

To top that all off just because we have 64bit doesn't mean we've gone lazy on squashing waste ram usage, this update uses less than the previous version.

Have fun chaps.

Edited by Kickasskyle