[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Is anyone else having texture issues with the 3.75m docking port? I have a station where I docked a kw 3.75 port to a stock 2.5 one. When I switched away and back, the kw 3.75 port is still docked to the 2.5m port, but is now much smaller. It's about 2.75m across or something. It's still docked to the port, but on the other end, where it was attached to the station's structure, there is now a gap between the docking port and the rest of the station. It seems to behave as if it's still the appropriate size despite a gap big enough to float a kerbal through. The other 3.75 port on the station remains unaffected. I searched back a few pages in the thread and saw at least one other person with a similar problem, but no response.

In addition to kw, I'm running KAS, Interstellar, kethane, remotetech2, and the docking indicator mod by navyfish. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

I have a problem with the 3m engines . Anyone know or have a fix for this. Engine graphic displays fine (mounted flush with bottom of tank) at build, launch and in orbit - until I switch to a new rocket via 'map' and come back to original rocket. Then the engine graphic has about a 2 meter gap between tank and engine.

Engine (in this case Titan) performs fine with no wobble or abhorrent behavior at all times. Can probably live with it but it really wrecks my screen shots.

I have a problem with the 3m engines . Anyone know or have a fix for this. Engine graphic displays fine (mounted flush with bottom of tank) at build, launch and in orbit - until I switch to a new rocket via 'map' and come back to original rocket. Then the engine graphic has about a 2 meter gap between tank and engine.

Engine (in this case Titan) performs fine with no wobble or abhorrent behavior at all times. Can probably live with it but it really wrecks my screen shots.

Resolved: Sorry if I missed it in a previous post. Adding rescaleFactor = 1.57 in the part.cfg fixed it up.

Tried installing it using ModAdmin V1.3.11 but for some reason does not seem to work properly.

Are there any special considerations. This is what i observed (folder structure looks different in windows explorer and ModAdmin)

Explorer:

- KW Rocketry v2.5.6B

- KW Rocketry v2.5.6B

- GameData

- Extras

Mod admin:

- KW Rocketry v2.5.6B

- KW Rocketry v2.5.6B

- Extras

For some reason the ModAdmin puts the External files from GameData (parts) together in the folder with Extras/NoAutoShroudConfigs

Is there some special way to install it using ModAdmin (other then checking Extras folder) ?

Another (hopefully small) request, if I may. The 1.25m SRB nosecones are great, the sep motors are a really useful thing to use. Any chance we could have a 2.5m and 3.75m version of nosecones with sep motors in them?

Although I am using KJR and the engines don't wobble for me, they will still for others (I think)

However Novapunch's do not,I stated this a while ago!

If you look into it, maybe you will be able to help others?

Made a huge cargo hauler using the 3m docks, painfully launched the parts in orbit, and they wont assemble ;.; They just bump into each other, no magnetic effect, no lock... I use the "Tweakable everything" mod too, is it related maybe ?

Made a huge cargo hauler using the 3m docks, painfully launched the parts in orbit, and they wont assemble ;.; They just bump into each other, no magnetic effect, no lock... I use the "Tweakable everything" mod too, is it related maybe ?

Did you place the docking ports in the right direction? You might have accidentally inverted them. If that is not the case, I'd say that it's TweakableEverything's fault. Try to look at the tweakables.

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank the developers of this mod their dedication, I think is one of the bests (and maybe basic) mods of KSP.

Secondly, I have been working in a very weird personal idea, which I call the "SETO" (Single Engine to Orbit) and in order to craft it, I need an inline fairing system. Is it possible to craft it without the nose cone or it would require a custom part?

Can someone give me a reason why you wouldn't want automatic engine shrouds? I'm really new to part mods and so don't quite understand what it does.

Also, does KW Rocketry mess up particle effects for the Rapiers, or just the KW versions of that type of engine?

I noticed something that is a little weird with the engine sounds. All of the SRBs and none of the liquid engines have the rumbling sound. IRL, the rumbling sound has nothing to do with it being an SRB, but is due to the high thrust and therefore very powerful shockwaves that reflect off the ground and interfere with each other. Theresore, I think all but the smallest liquid engines (and the SPS) should have the rumbling sound added - it just doesn't make sense to have an ~100kN SRB that makes a rumbling sound, but a 3800kN liquid engine that doesn't.

I noticed something that is a little weird with the engine sounds. All of the SRBs and none of the liquid engines have the rumbling sound. IRL, the rumbling sound has nothing to do with it being an SRB, but is due to the high thrust and therefore very powerful shockwaves that reflect off the ground and interfere with each other. Theresore, I think all but the smallest liquid engines (and the SPS) should have the rumbling sound added - it just doesn't make sense to have an ~100kN SRB that makes a rumbling sound, but a 3800kN liquid engine that doesn't.

The thought that we had behind it was that I'd get abit grating hearing it on everything.

The thought that we had behind it was that I'd get abit grating hearing it on everything.

Huh? I would (personally) find it really awesome with a more "powerful" sound on the 2.5 and 3.75m engines. The rumbling conveys the feeling of "unstoppable power" extremely efficiently. Oh well, there was some other addon somewhere that added the rumble noise to this mods engines, I'll go find it and download it.

Can someone give me a reason why you wouldn't want automatic engine shrouds? I'm really new to part mods and so don't quite understand what it does.

Because there are shroud decouplers and they can clip with engine shroud if you used them.

Using ProcFairings also might clip.

I think I find clipping the issue for preferring no shroud but I still use it nevertheless