[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

KSP 0.23, KW Pack release v2.5.6.

- Tweakable fixes for all the engines so they shouldn't bug out anymore (Thanks, jfjohnny5 and Hyomoto).

- All the SRBs have now been rebalanced for abit more continuity, the inline SRBs have also been resized so they fit 1.25m parts correctly.

- The new SRB thrust values are also about twice as big as the previous version, this allows you more room for tweaking thrust up as well as down. This also means to have similar burn rates as the previous version you need to have the thrust limiter around 50%.

- Sounds have been reworked again to kill a staticy raspy background sound that you can pickup in a big way with headphones.

A new dual purpose 2.5 - 3.75 docking ring part has been added that can allows for larger 3.75m parts to be docked without having to use an adapter. (from a part file technical standpoint it's really still purely a 2.5m docking part, but this seems the logical way to make a 3.75m docking part anyway).

dIiEhEDl.jpg3kevHrDl.jpgKpIEWv8l.jpg0EA3Fwkl.jpg

Changelog:

Updated to v2.5.6
-Added revised sounds to remove a static distortion (audiophiles and headphone users rejoice).
-Added new parts:
-Dual 3/2m Docking Ring.
-Rebalanced SRB thrusts to have more continuity.
-Revised SRB thrusts to work with tweakables, new thrusts are designed off of the median (50% thrust limited) values.
-Resized Globe X (X-2) SRBs & nozzle so that they correct attach onto 1m parts.
-Removed Globe X-5 HT, made redundant by tweakables.
-Engines have extra partfile sections added in to prevent alternator tweakables causing issues.

Obviously going to use this, but I do have a question ... what is the black tank in the fourth picture? I am familiar with the 3.75 meter black tank, but I haven't seen a 1m one?

It's a B9 5m fuselage section I stuck on there to move the 1.25m docking ports out from the hub.

Nooo, y u remove X-5HT? I was using it as a 270in solid! (And the X-5 as an Ariane 5 SRB-alike)

Guess I'll have to make my own new-part rescale now.

Cool stuff all the same though.

The standard X-5 now has more or less the same thrust as the HT, it's just because of tweakables there was no point in having 2 parts.

As I said in the release post, I doubled up most of the thrusts so people can get more range out of them with the tweaking. Ideally you'd be running them all at about 50% thrust limit but at 100% the X-5 is pretty much identical to the HT.

I know that. I have...special use cases. Have you seen what Realism Overhaul does to SRBs? ;)

While the X-5 gets rescaled up 1.76x (to match the P238), the X-5 HT gets...rather larger. Remember that the Mk1-2 pod has a diameter or 4m in RO, and check the mass figure.

6FIkyctl.png

EDIT: for the Saturn V MLV-5-25S here.

Edited by NathanKell

Good job and thanks.

However in a test I found that I couldn't dock with the new 3m docking port.Right-clicking on it didn't seem to activate any button for me to dock,neither does any one of Undock/Decouple Node appeared.Anyone has the same problem?

Seems there was an extra MODULE heading so just remove it by hand till he releases an updated version. The part is in GameData\KWRocketry\Parts\Structural\KW3mDockingRing.

MODULE <- remove this
{ <- and this
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDockingNode
referenceAttachNode = top
nodeType = size2
}
}
} <- and this as well

Just remove those tagged bits and it'll work as expected. And by as expected I mean you can right click to get the 'control from here' button. There seems to be another problem that isn't immediately obvious.

Edited by MadMoe

In some booster description the burning time is specified for 100% as well as 50% power. But boosters don't seem to be controllable so how can I specify the output power?

Right click the parts in the VAB and mess with the thrust limiter bar.

i cant undock with the 3m dockingport, i saw the post of Acea, and its the same for me

I'm working on a fix, but at the moment everything has gone to crap and it's just being awkward and not working at all.

I'm not sure if this is a Rocketry thing or not, but my engines keep jolting suddenly under the slightest bit or torque, leaving them almost dangling in an offset position.

My control inputs are very gentle during initial ascent, but I typically perform a 90 degree roll so that any radial engines are aligned horizontally. Even if I turn at the slowest rate possible by gingerly tapping the roll key, the engines still jolt violently.

Can you guys give me some ideas pls? My previous ships dont work on my carrier and sandbox mod now. I removed GameData/KWRocketry and install new version (only KWRocketry folder) , but still cant use my previous version ships. Also researced 1 part at carrier. What am i missing pls? I created new sandbox save, and still the same. Thanks alot. (sorry total noob here)

edit: i reinstalled previous version and resaved all ships (removed non main parts) and installed new version again. All working now, i need to rebuild all , np :)

Edited by disorderpunk

my engines keep jolting suddenly under the slightest bit or torque, leaving them almost dangling in an offset position.

Maybe it's a physics engine problem? Try adding a strout to each wobbly part.