Bad news from NASA, should KSP follow suit?

kiwi1960

I guess it can be seen as offensive to French people, but in my opinion it seems like just a harmless joke.

To be honest, I've spent so long with Americans that I'm now immune to most of their French bashing. And the old joke about us surrendering at the first sign of trouble... I don't know. 3rd grade humor?

To be honest, I've spent so long with Americans that I'm now immune to most of their French bashing. And the old joke about us surrendering at the first sign of trouble... I don't know. 3rd grade humor?

Agreed. (10char)

I think the white flag joke was actually an Imgur in joke that attempted to jump internet borders.

I personally think the next moon landing should be a collaboration of the largest and most capable space agencies. That is, I think the next landing should be a craft with an American (Canada or U.S. Citizen) a Euopean (from any of the countries that support ESA) a Russian and a Chinese.

When they land on the moon, none of them would speek. Instead, all four would step on the Moon, set up a camera and recite a poem to the world, each speaking parts of it. The last stanza, line, etc would be the four of them reciting in unison.

The flag they post on the Moon should just be a picture of Earth from both halves in front of a white background with a dove holding an olive branch.

Just thinking about this possibility brings tears to my eyes.

When they land on the moon, none of them would speek. Instead, all four would step on the Moon, set up a camera and recite a poem to the world, each speaking parts of it.

In what language?

But I agree that the next Moon mission should be an international effort. If only because no single country seems to be willing to undertake the huge challenge (and financial burden) that is sending human beings to the Moon.

After all, we managed with the ISS.

Edited by Alephzorg
being stupid, forgot a word.

I personally think the next moon landing should be a collaboration of the largest and most capable space agencies. That is, I think the next landing should be a craft with an American (Canada or U.S. Citizen) a Euopean (from any of the countries that support ESA) a Russian and a Chinese.

Canadian OR american? Lol. I'd love to see that coin flip. They may let canadians command the ISS, but there is absolutely no possibility that NASA would every allow any new moon missions without a former US military officer in command.

In what language?

Two thoughts come to mind: English, because it is the de facto lingua franca, or each one in their home language.

I see things like should the poem be a haiku (traditional Chinese) a sonnet (Western) or whatever traditional Russian poetic style, being an issue. Also the content of the poem, the fact that the flag is a Dove holding an Olive branch is a Western sign for peace etc. also being an issue etc.

Two thoughts come to mind: English, because it is the de facto lingua franca, or each one in their home language.

I see things like should the poem be a haiku (traditional Chinese) a sonnet (Western) or whatever traditional Russian poetic style, being an issue. Also the content of the poem, the fact that the flag is a Dove holding an Olive branch is a Western sign for peace etc. also being an issue etc.

Maybe a limerick?

There was a species on Earth

It grew bigger with each birth

A meteor hit

People screamed "S*%T!"

Now they lie in the dirt

I believe in the absence of a world flag, it would be most appropriate to use the United Nations flag.

The UN flag is centered on the North Pole, therefore it puts the northern hemisphere first.

Do I actually believe it to be an issue? Not really. But someone could argue it is.

I think the next landing should be a craft with an American (Canada or U.S. Citizen) a Euopean (from any of the countries that support ESA) a Russian and a Chinese.

I think that's utter crap. The next crew to go to the moon should be the best applicants from the pool.

By taking one of each country, we're not showing that we're dedicated to working together to get stuff done. We're showing that we are dedicated to creating the best photo-op possible. By taking the best qualified applicants, we're sending a message that we're doing it to get it done. We did the political moon mission in the '60s. Let's do the scientific missions now.

As for the flag, does it really matter? How about we use the UN, or make a new one? Or, we could just skip the damn flag next time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.