Modular Fuel System Continued v3.3 (OBSOLETE)

NathanKell

I always keep my old installs, juuuust in case. Also, the very first thing I do with a new version is copy it off to a "stock" folder so the original files are always available in case I totally bork something up, or if one of the very few of my friends I've managed to convince to play KSP asks me a question and I have to go figure it out with the same conditions they're playing under.

hey Nathan I know you are pretty busy but I just wanted to remind you that units (either weight or volume) for the fuel would be super super helpful. I know you said a while ago it was a good idea but I was afraid you would forget :P

hey Nathan I know you are pretty busy but I just wanted to remind you that units (either weight or volume) for the fuel would be super super helpful. I know you said a while ago it was a good idea but I was afraid you would forget :P

what do you mean, going full metric? he hasn't forgotten but it means a lot of editing and right now it's more important to finish the coding part.

Razorcane: Add a "dummy" ModuleEngineConfigs to the part, with one CONFIG with the same values as the regular engine config. For an example, see what I do to SRBs.

Zander: I've said since I started maintaining MFS that 1 unit is 5 liters. I've also said in a bunch of places that MFS v4 will switch to 1 unit is 1 liter. But as Starwaster said, making this thing actually work in .23 is...really a higher priority.

I said a few days yesterday (last page). That was D-1 ago, so now it's (a few -1) days. :P

Seriously, pretty close. Finally fixed engine FX, currently trying to fix a bug where discarded stages get their fuel back. Shouldn't be more than another day or two.

I said a few days yesterday (last page). That was D-1 ago, so now it's (a few -1) days. :P

Seriously, pretty close. Finally fixed engine FX, currently trying to fix a bug where discarded stages get their fuel back. Shouldn't be more than another day or two.

They are discarded stages. Let them go to the land of misfit stages and choke on that fuel they will never use. :P

they dont look like they're getting fuel back. I switched to one just after separation. It did have some fuel in it but it was only ullage fuel. (For some reason the tank started unbalanced. maybe a ST issue) It shut off as soon as I switched.

Edit maybe a thrust calculation bug triggering when it is no longer the vessel of focus...

Edit 2: have to cut thrust before separation lest I get a spent stage in the small of the back.

Edited by Starwaster

You don't have the latest version, the bug might've been introduced during update process.

Oh, and Nathan, don't forget fuels for Vostok (N2O and Amine) and alcohol for Redstone and V-2. :)

Starwaster: it's to do with OnInitialize being called on stage separation, and that reloading from stored tank definitions rather than current resource amounts. I can see it in the log; if you switch to it, that goes away.

and then it deletes the fuel when I switch to it?

This seems stable enough a test is warranted.

NOTE:

This includes Realism Overhaul, MFS, and Stretchy. Delete any of those folders in your GameData before installing this.

It now uses 1 unit = 1 liter at STP. So this will not be compatible with any existing craft, or your save. This is PURELY a test. I don't even guarantee MFS v4 final will be compatible.

Oh also. Use stretchies. Regular tanks not 1litered yet.

It is obviously in RFRM mode, using RO's RftSEngines.

This does not have latest config updates (NTRs by Starwaster, or new part support), or integration with HoneyFox's plugins. All is coming.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h86rk7p3qzq8p1x/RO_Exp23.zip

Thanks to taniwha for the backend rewrite of ModuleFuelTanks, and the testers for testing. Now you all get to test too.

/sleep

Edited by NathanKell

Thanks for all the hard work on getting this up and running! My game kept crashing during the switch from the loading screen to the main menu on start - it seems to have something to do with TAC lifesupport, as the game made it to the menu after I removed TAC. However, on entering a new game, it crashes every time I try to access the VAB or Research Centre.

Also a quick question - are all the versions of the ModuleManager 1_5 that are floating about the same? For example, in the Realistic Progression Lite pack, there are two - one in the first folder, another in the GameData folder. Does it matter which I use?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.