Modular Fuel System Continued v3.3 (OBSOLETE)

NathanKell

Would it be possible to have some sort of checkbox in the MFS panel that prevents a resource from rescaling above its initial value? It would be handy for the service module stretchytank if I could specify a fixed amount of electric charge and monopropellent, and have only the fuel (eg. unchecked) resources scale when I change the size of the tank.

Would it be possible to have some sort of checkbox in the MFS panel that prevents a resource from rescaling above its initial value? It would be handy for the service module stretchytank if I could specify a fixed amount of electric charge and monopropellent, and have only the fuel (eg. unchecked) resources scale when I change the size of the tank.

Sounds very useful... And i also hate these numbers after the decimal dot. :D

Another interesting issue: the "rounding" problem with ST and MFS is still there, it's just hidden now -- if I resize a tank, empty it, and then refill it again, I generally get a larger amount of fuel than was previously in there.

birrhan, that's very strange. Since Velorium117's was due to having folders not in GameData.

Try using no mods except MFS and the RO/Stretchy I just posted in my last message to you.

I will one up you: I just deleted RO, and it booted like a charm. Engines were connecting, configurable, as were tanks. It was just RO. MFS and Stretchy always worked in the suite of mods I had.

Anyhow, I took your latest releases from today (Stretchy, MFS, RO) and we are GOLDEN. Everything loads, KWR appears normally in VAB and functions as expected, engines can be changed to different fuels (stock and modded), and fuel tanks can be changed. Out of curiosity, what got changed in RO? The engine.cfg file in realfuels is still missing, I never replaced it, and it's still working, for the record.

So it's all good. As stable as 0.22. Happy days! I'd buy you many many beers if I could. Thank you!

Ok great. Thanks to NK's great effort, the first engine that has integrated MFS+EI plugin comes out. Well that's quite a lot of config edit though. :P

Kerolox.png

So this engine has three configs, when using LH2+LOX or Kerosene+LOX, you need to add some MMH+N2O4 into the tank also. If you choose MMH+N2O4, then everything is OK.

P.S.:And i've been modifying EI plugin these days. so yes you can now see the required resources of an engine in VAB/SPH by mouse hovering on it. And i have to admit that the StretchyTank's codes are very good reference. I didn't even know that there are OnGUI, OnMouseEnter/Exit functions in PartModule before. If there's license issue here, then i guess i need to add some notes in my code.

Edited by HoneyFox

Firstly, Let me say "Thank you very much for all your hard work and lack of sleep on this project."

I did just do a little rocket test to see which fuels compare best and noticed a little buggy boo..

Screen shot > http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=206621185

Notice the engine is starved for fuel. But every time I go to time acc and back to 1x, I get a new fuel guage by the engine icon.

Is it just me?

I've just tried the new version posted on the previous page on 0.23, the tanks are working fine and are configurable. The engines are not configurable??

Using:

RealFuels_v4_pre8.zip

StretchySRB_v8pre1.zip

Mods:

000_Toolbar

DeadlyReentry

FerramAerospaceResearch

Keramzit

KerbalJointReinforcement

KWRocketry

MechJeb2

ModularFuelTanks

StretchyTanks

UniverseReplacer

I've just tried the new version posted on the previous page on 0.23, the tanks are working fine and are configurable. The engines are not configurable??

Using:

RealFuels_v4_pre8.zip

StretchySRB_v8pre1.zip

Mods:

000_Toolbar

DeadlyReentry

FerramAerospaceResearch

Keramzit

KerbalJointReinforcement

KWRocketry

MechJeb2

ModularFuelTanks

StretchyTanks

UniverseReplacer

You need a config pack for engines. There are three available AFAIK: One that comes with MFS' older version, one from Realism Overhaul and another from SFJack.

Checkbox...hmm. I'll try that for 4.1. Non-trivial, but I know how.

Rounding problem...argh, it usually works for me within 1 or 2 units of fuel. It's worse for you?

birrhan, cool! :)

HoneyFox: Excellent! I'll modify my Calcs spreadsheet to automate EI adding.

Bothersome: Huh. Will check.

versendaal: as mentioned on the first post about prereleases, although I guess I forgot on this last one, the prerelease does not come with any engine configuration itself. You must use either the new Realism Overhaul pre, or Engines.cfg from MFS3.3, or RealEngines from SFJackBauer.

I'm engaging in a docking excercise at the moment. No troubles with stretchytanks and fuels and engines, aside from the conic tank exhibiting some serious linear springyness when used as an adapter between a large tank and a launcher engine (w/ KJR). Not even sure if that's fixable.

Not sure if MFS is the cause of this, but check out the fuel gauges in the lower-left corner and compare that to the correct amount in the upper-right resources window.

http://i.imgur.com/btB5Aob.jpg

I thought it was just me.. couldn't figure out why this happened but it didn't occur on "simple" ships with just a few parts.

- edit

Just tried to reproduce it. Happened to me again when changing vessels with [ ] keys. That must be why i didn't notice it with just a simple 1 stage rocket.

Edited by versendaal

jrandom: weird re: gauges. And how are you getting 3 of them?

Re: B9. I will check; I didn't do anything to the old SABRE file, so I don't know why that would be. But basically, while I hoped to have full support for air-breathers in v4, so much time on .23 compatibility that it's not coming yet. (Hey, I do support velocityCurve techlevels now, at least!)

jrandom: weird re: gauges. And how are you getting 3 of them?

Re: B9. I will check; I didn't do anything to the old SABRE file, so I don't know why that would be. But basically, while I hoped to have full support for air-breathers in v4, so much time on .23 compatibility that it's not coming yet. (Hey, I do support velocityCurve techlevels now, at least!)

No idea how I got the three fuel gauges. If I find a way to consistently reproduce it, I'll let you know.

Ignore the whole B9 thing. I was using an alternate SABRE engine config file I totally forgot about that got around the outdated ExurgentEngineering and related .dlls, but Firespitter got updated and I somehow got an updated EE .dll, but I don't remember from where. Anyhow, restoring B9 to its original state + using the updated .dlls seems to have fixed almost everything.

The only downside is I can't auto-fill a fuel tank for LH2/LOX for the SABRE engines because MFS only sees the engine as air-breathing. I have to manually calculate the amounts for LH2/LOX.

The thing I want more than anything else at this point... is my sky back in RSS. :)

Edited by jrandom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.