[1.5.X] Rover Wheel Sounds v2.3 (2016-10-24)

pizzaoverhead

• 2 weeks later...

Pizza, this is simply amazing! The rover wheel sounds adds so much depth to the immersion! A tips to other people, is to add KerbQuake as well - it makes the IVA view shudder and shake (not only on rovers, mind you). The camera shaking and Pizza's sounds go hand in hand. Also, Pizza, may I say that the sounds themselves are really good and fitting for the different wheel-sets. Great job! =D

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I was trying to add sounds to some mod rover wheels, but they're silent, even after following the instructions already given. I opened each mod part in question to get the exact part name. What am I missing? Do I need to copy the CFG and Sound folder into each of the mod folders?

• 2 weeks later...
I also tried this on x64 0.24, and I'm not getting any sound added to my mod wheels after adding them to the config file, does this mod need updated first?

his excellency needs to update this first! :) i;am patiently waiting too this is a must have mod!

• 2 weeks later...

This is tossing out nullreferenceexceptions in KSP 24.2 x64 for me:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Wheel/roverWheel1/part/roverWheel1'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at WheelSounds.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object, Boolean)
UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
PartLoader:StripComponent(GameObject)
PartLoader:CreatePartIcon(GameObject, Single&)
PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)

:MoveNext()

(Filename: Line: -1)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Wheel/roverWheel2/part/roverWheel2'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

(Filename: Line: -1)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Wheel/roverWheel3/part/roverWheel3'

It still works, but you might want to look into whats causing this.

Thanks for the bug report. Are there any other non-wheel sounds related exceptions? I have seen errors in other mods cause similar errors to this. Also, make sure you only have one copy of ModuleManager. Version 2.2.0 is known to be stable.

Does the error occur constantly or just at the game's initial load or scene loads?

That may be the case. Unfortunately the hard drive died in my PC, so I'm out of action for the the next few weeks at least.

Would you mind if I take a look?

If it's really only a recompile I can do that and upload a new DLL.

Just because you are out of order at the moment of course :)

That may be the case. Unfortunately the hard drive died in my PC, so I'm out of action for the the next few weeks at least.

no worries just trying to help and keep up the good work love this plugin :)

Sure, feel free to give it a try.

Thanks!

With this version I don't get Exceptions but nice sounds :)

What I did:

• Let ReSharper run over it
  • Added a null check
  • Compiled against 0.24

Notes:

• This is not official!
  • I only tested on 32bit since x64 is generally broken for me
  • I did not increase the build number, it's not my project after all
  • The source is included in the download
  • The download does not contain the full mod, only the dll and the main src file

Just wondering as there are other mods out there that have wheels Will this gain support for those mode via MM config files? or will we have to stretch of fingers and type them out as Scotty did in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home?

• 1 month later...

New release, available here:

• Rebuilt for 0.24.x.
  • Fixed null reference exception.
  • Added Module Manager licence.
  • Upgraded to Module Manager 2.3.5.
  • Added support for the KSP Add-on Version Checker.

Just wondering as there are other mods out there that have wheels Will this gain support for those mode via MM config files? or will we have to stretch of fingers and type them out as Scotty did in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home?

It's pretty easy to add support; check out ModuleManager_WheelSounds.cfg. If there's enough of a demand, I can look at including support for some of the major mods. I won't be able to keep up with the rate awesome new wheels are being created however! :)

Edited by pizzaoverhead

• 2 weeks later...

Already commented in one of your youtube videos, but I'm just posting here in case :P

Any chance you can add the sound of dirt and pebbles getting pushed around when the ship touches the ground of a planet? I'm asking for the whole ship instead of just the wheels since I figured it'd be just as easy to do one as the other, and adding it for both means that your wheels when moving around the surface would sound a lot better (right now the wheel sounds are great, but it sounds like they're not driving over anything, so it still feels "floaty") and also if you flip your ship or rover and it starts rolling across the surface, you'll also hear it pushing the dirt and pebbles around as it's rolling out of control, intead of just perfect silence until a part explodes or something

Already commented in one of your youtube videos, but I'm just posting here in case :P

Any chance you can add the sound of dirt and pebbles getting pushed around when the ship touches the ground of a planet? I'm asking for the whole ship instead of just the wheels since I figured it'd be just as easy to do one as the other, and adding it for both means that your wheels when moving around the surface would sound a lot better (right now the wheel sounds are great, but it sounds like they're not driving over anything, so it still feels "floaty") and also if you flip your ship or rover and it starts rolling across the surface, you'll also hear it pushing the dirt and pebbles around as it's rolling out of control, intead of just perfect silence until a part explodes or something

Don't worry, it's on its way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.