[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

On 12/27/2015 at 5:12 AM, CitizenVeen said:

I'm getting a bug where the Visual Planet is not on the location where the game really places the planet. Hard to explain, here is a screenshot:

oH8h65w.jpg

As I scroll out, the visual planet 'moves' further away from its location.

eWkEDVs.jpg

Same for the sun:

IRNPNsS.jpg

And all other planets:

OA8EKdX.jpg

Bug happens quite often, every couple of times I open the tracking station. And is hard to ignore, because its very difficult to see launch site locations, orbits, etc. Full restart of the program fixes the issue.

I am using Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System, RP-0, and Remote Tech as addons.

ÈDIT: Restarting the game seems to no longer fix the bug ...

EDIT: seems like I messed up my screenshots, the 'double UI' in the last 3 images is just on the screenshots, thats not a bug ingame.

I've had that happen on a save where i just have clouds nothing else, so pretty much stock. Might be a actual game problem

Is it possible to change the time warp constraints for Phobos and Deimos? The low orbital speeds make it take forever to orbit them at the distances required for near-space science and landing maneuvers. 

4 minutes ago, 073198681 said:

Hold on, I see that Earth's atmosphere reaches out until 130km. Isn't the Kármán line at 100km?

The Karman (sorry for accents) line is a fictious line and is not an actual physical boundary between atmosphere and space.
Earth's atmosphere actually extends to thousands of kilometres but is too thin to be modeled by KSP. I guess putting the edge of space at 130km allows for a smooth enough gradient between vacuum and extremely thin atmosphere for a vessel to survive when hitting it at interplanetary speeds (>11km/s).

Edited by Gaarst

I've just tested it out and it turns out the whole "flooded Earth" thing is also present in the regular version of RSS. I don't have any other mods installed and this still happens.

Similarly though, when I add EVE to the mix, no atmospheric effects are shown, although that might be completely unrelated.

Is it viable to play RSS with only Real Fuels and Stockalike RF config without making gigantic rockets that will break my PC? Without Realism Overhaul (Some part mods that i included are Space Y, KW,...)

-EDIT-

Planing to play on a laptop so no gigantic rockets for me :/

Edited by Joco223

In the science archives all of the planets and moons have been correctly renamed except Earth is still named Kerbin. As such, none of my completed Earth experiments show there, albeit I know they've been working.

Is this normal? Otherwise, my career mode game seems to be working fine, contracts and all...

I scoured the FAQ and also tested this on a fresh Ubuntu x64 KSP v1.0.5 with only RSS and the required mods via CKAN, so I'm not sure if this is RSS or Kopernicus or a game engine thing...

Thanks!

20 hours ago, Joco223 said:

Is it viable to play RSS with only Real Fuels and Stockalike RF config without making gigantic rockets that will break my PC? Without Realism Overhaul (Some part mods that i included are Space Y, KW,...)

-EDIT-

Planing to play on a laptop so no gigantic rockets for me :/

Yes, this is what I currently do, and I'm playing on a laptop. With Stockalike configs, SpaceY and KW Rocketry and their 5m parts are enough for most of your rocket needs.
But if you want to start sending Kerbals to the Moon or further you are going to need larger rockets: I personally use SpaceY Expanded which is enough for my Moon rocket (weighing 2200t and 170 parts). I have made realistic-looking designs (ie: not 50 layers of onion staging) up to 4000t with SY Exp. Worst case, download TweakScale or Procedural Parts to have access to bigger diameters and thrusts.

If you want, there is a link to my modlist in my signature.

Edited by Gaarst

31 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Yes, this is what I currently do, and I'm playing on a laptop. With Stockalike configs, SpaceY and KW Rocketry and their 5m parts are enough for most of your rocket needs.
But if you want to start sending Kerbals to the Moon or further you are going to need larger rockets: I personally use SpaceY Expanded which is enough for my Moon rocket (weighing 2200t and 170 parts). I have made realistic-looking designs (ie: not 50 layers of onion staging) up to 4000t with SY Exp. Worst case, download TweakScale or Procedural Parts to have access to bigger diameters and thrusts.

If you want, there is a link to my modlist in my signature.

So what kind of fps are you getting? I have a mid range laptop that i bought for about 600 euros. AMD APU A10 with Radeon 8600m + 8650g. I tried it but with everything lowered (Settings) and running at 1280x720 i cant get above 20fps at KSC. And when i start adding 40-50 parts in VAB it gets donw to 12-10fps. I guess my laptop needs some cleaning and maybe I'll reinstall Windows because its full of junk right now :/

-EDIT-

I have used Space Y Expanded and its one of my favourtie big rockets mod and i always use procedural parts for sake of note lagging up my laptop

Edited by Joco223

1 minute ago, Joco223 said:

So what kind of fps are you getting? I have a mid range laptop that i bought for about 600 euros. AMD APU A10 with Radeon 8600m + 8650g. I tried it but with everything lowered (Settings) and running at 1280x720 i cant get above 20fps at KSC. And when i start adding 40-50 parts in VAB it gets donw to 12-10fps. I guess my laptop needs some cleaning and maybe I'll reinstall Windows because its full of junk right now :/

My laptop is upper-mid range (quite expensive but not a proper gamer laptop) and I'm playing 1080p.
I get smooth fps overall (at least over 30 so fine for me), the only moments fps get down are when some SRBs fire in lower atmo (because they generate a lot of RealPlume particles), with atmospheric effects during launch or when I start to go over 150 parts during launch. But I keep steady fps in VAB no matter the number of parts.
I guess the issue then comes from your laptop, maybe your CPU as KSP is very CPU-demanding and relies a lot on clock speed and single-thread performance; I run an i7 but I don't know about the performance of AMDs.

You should probably ask about your fps issue in a dedicated thread if it is a real problem for you.

20 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

My laptop is upper-mid range (quite expensive but not a proper gamer laptop) and I'm playing 1080p.
I get smooth fps overall (at least over 30 so fine for me), the only moments fps get down are when some SRBs fire in lower atmo (because they generate a lot of RealPlume particles), with atmospheric effects during launch or when I start to go over 150 parts during launch. But I keep steady fps in VAB no matter the number of parts.
I guess the issue then comes from your laptop, maybe your CPU as KSP is very CPU-demanding and relies a lot on clock speed and single-thread performance; I run an i7 but I don't know about the performance of AMDs.

You should probably ask about your fps issue in a dedicated thread if it is a real problem for you.

Ok. Is is career playable like this or is real progresion 0 required?

4 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

Ok. Is is career playable like this or is real progresion 0 required?

I don't play career, only Sandbox mode with this install. But considering the fact that you need significantly larger and more advanced rockets to get in Earth orbit than in Kerbin orbit, I'd say that a normal career is going to be really hard with RSS.

And AFAIK, RP-0 requires the whole RO package.

If you use procedural parts, you can use AutoPruner to get rid of hundreds of redundant tanks, fairings and wings. Unfortunately the standard lists also prune some of the cooler tanks, but it will save you tons of memory.

And Gaarst is right, RP-0 requires RO with all required mods. Playing a RSS career without RO may not even be possible. RP-0 does not add much in the way of memory and CPU power, so if you install RO, you may as well install RP-0.

4 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

Is it possible to fix launch sites that are in the ground? I would really like to launch my rockets from Baikonur but half of it is in the ground :/

Changing the resolution of your RSS textures might help, but considering lag is already an issue increasing it might not be a good idea. You can try to manually edit the coordinates of the Baikonur space center in the KSC Switcher mod files to make it higher, so above the surface.

1 minute ago, Gaarst said:

Changing the resolution of your RSS textures might help, but considering lag is already an issue increasing it might not be a good idea. You can try to manually edit the coordinates of the Baikonur space center in the KSC Switcher mod files to make it higher, so above the surface.

I have already tried to change its position in .cfg but there is no height that i change, only latitude and longtitude

Hi Guys.

Can you help? Orbit my craft spontaneously changes after little time play.

These are the symptoms: I reach orbit and i's OK but is  I go Space Center from craft and then go back orbit of craft starts to change. PE increase AE decrease continuously. If I turn on the WarpTime, PE and AE doesn't change at this moment. But if time is normal, orbit starts to change again. But if I go Space Center from craft and then go back Orbits take the old values and starts to change again.

I have KSP 1.0.5 Steam, Windows 7, 64 bits. KSP starts in 32 bits compatible.

I very sad, help me please).

Sorry for my Language.