Most important lesson you've learned in KSP?

Tassyr

When I first started KSP, I read about changing the values for the conic drawing modes so I did that and was quite puzzled by what I saw and immediately switched it back to default.

Now that I've "been around" some, I put them back and it makes so much more sense now! Its also way better for ensuring equatorial orbits when encountering a new SOI.

1) If a stage must be jettisoned before hitting empty, press x then space bar.

Wait, what the heck does "X" Do?

3) You cannot pack enough parachutes to stop an 8km/s vertical descent into Kerbin.

I sense there is a story behind this XD how the hell did you get something falling at 8km/s?

Sepratrons can be used as part of an emergency ejection system. Not just for launching your capsule into a proper aerocapture, but burning away stuck decouplers.

Docking sounds easy and is incredibly hard.

Don't decouple still-running SRB's on your spaceplane, they might decide to go right through your wing.

Mind your debris field orbiting Kerbin. An empty fuel tank is just as deadly to your new space station as flying your shuttle through it.

Mind your debris field orbiting Kerbin. An empty fuel tank is just as deadly to your new space station as flying your shuttle through it.

And your launches. I learned this lesson waaaaaaay back when. Nothing like that 0-degree inclination debris halo. >.<

Oh, Just thought of my favourite trick, I call it Sneaky Revert. If anything goes horribly wrong and you don't have a quicksave, turn up the throttle and press escape, then click to go back to space station when it's yellowed out and it even handily tell you how long ago you will be reverting to. :D You have to be quick if it's a crash, if the pod is already destroyed then it doesn't work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.