[PLUGIN+PARTS][0.23] SCANsat terrain mapping

damny

I shrank the big map too small it seems, and the resize button is now sitting ontop of the "Rectangular" option button so I'm unable to grab and drag it.

Can we get something in settings to reset this or change manually?

Even after restarting KSP the size has shrank again, so obviously this is being saved somewhere but I am unable to find it. Any ideas what file has this?

I thought I'd help by writing a how to manual, which you can read here.

Obviously it's only based on SCANsat 0.4 and KSP 0.22, so for example, the pictures of each part just use the same image.

Give it a read and let me know if there anything that needs changing.

Looks good, but the pictures for the parts all show the exact same part rather than each individual part.

If I add your MODULE as a MapTraq to every command part, my satellites will continue mapping regardless which craft I am flying?

do not do that u will eat all your systems memory. only add the function to use the map not actualy scan

do not do that u will eat all your systems memory. only add the function to use the map not actualy scan

AND it keeps the scanning active.

As long there is a SCANsat-enabled part on your vessel (even if it's just the Maptraq) all scanning vessels will scan.

Placing the MapTraq module in all command parts is a nifty way of saving yourself a part and and it prevents forgetting to put MapTraqs on all non-scanning vessels.

Just like people implement Mechjeb or RemoteTech modules into all command parts.

(and what do you mean with 'eating all memory'? This isn't Mapsat :wink:)

maptraq doesnt scan it is only the map function. a scanner will keep scaning long as u have it on. also if u leave the scanner on even if u switch vessels it will keep scanning.

in settings there is options to turn off scanning for planets. for your games safetly from crashes always once u finish a map of a planet turn it off in the settings.

Damny should release this plugin!

Seriously, Innsewerants has already released a still not good working version of ISA mapsat and calls less instability a feature. And the people not following the developers forum don't know about SCANsat...

SCANsat nearly has no bugs and it runs on my old machine without any problems. Even with a ****load of probes it becomes just a little "slow" while rendering the big map. But getting a hires map of the celestial body of your choice within minutes? No problem, SCANsat here we go!

So PLEASE damny, release it! Projects like this will never get finished. (So don't release when it's "ready") But save the people from fiddling around with the "only" mapping plugin they know, causing only frustration...

Give them your baby! Reveal the holy grail of mapping!

Minmus scan fail with multispectral sensor, but not with altimeter, while on the Mun it works, ... what happens ? O.o

There is no Biome data in the game for Minmus. Only Kerbin and the Mun have Biome data for now.

Damny should release this plugin!

Seriously, Innsewerants has already released a still not good working version of ISA mapsat and calls less instability a feature. And the people not following the developers forum don't know about SCANsat...

SCANsat nearly has no bugs and it runs on my old machine without any problems. Even with a ****load of probes it becomes just a little "slow" while rendering the big map. But getting a hires map of the celestial body of your choice within minutes? No problem, SCANsat here we go!

So PLEASE damny, release it! Projects like this will never get finished. (So don't release when it's "ready") But save the people from fiddling around with the "only" mapping plugin they know, causing only frustration...

Give them your baby! Reveal the holy grail of mapping!

I'll 2nd this. SCANsat should be released. Talk to that guy from "part from my garden shed" get his permission, put your stuff together, release and you will "Win" . No further discussion needed.

To be honest, I like the current SCANsat sensors better. They are simple, effective and pretty. If people want to mod out their SCANset that is their choice and they should be able to do it, but I am not sure these two mods should be connected.

Is there a way to transfer data from this mod to kOS?

I mean kOS supports to query other mods and this data would be really useful for auto landings.

Not directly, but I can imagine it is possible to write something that converts SCANsat data to a kOS script that just contains the variables. That way the script acts as a database. I think you would need an external converter though, or SCANsat would have to implement such a feature.

Is there a way to transfer data from this mod to kOS?

I mean kOS supports to query other mods and this data would be really useful for auto landings.

Not directly, but I can imagine it is possible to write something that converts SCANsat data to a kOS script that just contains the variables. That way the script acts as a database. I think you would need an external converter though, or SCANsat would have to implement such a feature.

Uhh. I didn't thought it would be misunderstood. MY post was more or less a feature request to @damny.

With the possibility of an answer that is has been done already.

Basically I wanted to say that is possible to add something to ScanSAT that makes it possible to add a kOS command without touching kOS which allows to query the height data stored in ScanSAT.

(Not sure if that sentence is understandable, either.)

I think too this is releaseworthy, perhaps only (slowly) replace the placeholder Models of the sensors.

But ignoring this little thingi.... . It is more releaseworthy than several Mods in the Release areal now.