[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Well, I will be replacing the main city lights texture... which I completed recently. It's just that the edges of the image don't match up and I'm too lazy to readjust the image. Like, when I use the main texture from 7-3, I get lights in the oceans.

About that 512x512 issue: the game crashes when loading KSC if any of the textures aren't 512x512. Is this just me?

And yea, I can agree on the fading of cities. Also there is a slight bug I've encountered only in close proximity to a city space during day time:

CLgTEyP.png

Notice how the shadow of the ship makes the night texture appear. I suppose it works with my smart self-lightning road that I created, but it won't make sense for regular asphalt roads.

By the way - I'm digging the new horizon. I did change the coloration a bit.

MvfqmTU.png

I just can't help myself, but to make this a picture-heavy thread. I'm not even sorry yo, check this out.

DvIVZ5Z.png

ZDQAoey.png

Not bad for my first day of editing terrain.

Edit: I tried loading the 3 512 textures and loaded an additional 2048 with them. The game loaded, but when I changed the setting to that 2048 texture, the ground just became grey (no texture).

Edited by Astronomer

Rbray is there anyway I might be able to extend the LoD distance for the terrain manager, in particular I'd like to be able to have visible water textures from orbit.

Also, cloud shadows are still running opposite to clouds on rss, not sure if rss-only or it just still in dev though

Isn't that DetailDist under Ocean Material? When I set it to 0, I can see it pretty far up. Eventually, it gets covered by the map texture of Kerbin.

And yeah - shadows are just a bit upscaled or something.

Rbray is there anyway I might be able to extend the LoD distance for the terrain manager, in particular I'd like to be able to have visible water textures from orbit.

Also, cloud shadows are still running opposite to clouds on rss, not sure if rss-only or it just still in dev though

Shadows are still WIP... I was thinking of adding a detail texture to the oceans, for the scaled space object, but haven't decided yet. Mostly because there isn't a great way to decide what texture to use.

Isn't that DetailDist under Ocean Material? When I set it to 0, I can see it pretty far up. Eventually, it gets covered by the map texture of Kerbin.

And yeah - shadows are just a bit upscaled or something.

Shadows are goofy. Still need to get the time to dig into why they don't behave the way I expect them to.

Hi I'm having problem running both EVE (7-3 release) and ATM (3-3-1) on 64bit KSP 0.24.2. I have been playing a dozen hours with ATM and ~25 other mods with rarely any crashes. I just decided to add in EVE for the clouds, then my game would crash when I try to go from main menu to load a save to the KSC.

Interestingly I can run EVE 7-3 with my other 25 mods without crashes as well (game runs at 4.1 GB).

On a clean KSP I can have both EVE and ATM and the game won't crash. When I try to add my other mods back in one by one, the game would crash usually around the 5th (or 6th) mod. What's weird is that when I remove that 5th mod the game would still crash on launch. Only when I have removed mods 1-4 as well I was able to play the game beyond launch pad with a clean install + EVE + ATM again. Therefore it doesn't seem like it's issue with any specific mods.

My crash log:

http://notepad.cc/jeoliody18

My error message:

http://notepad.cc/jelaimo22

Mods I use:

Toolbar

Bahamuto Dynamics Parts

Ambient Light Adjustment

Chatterer

Contract Manager

Deadly Reentry

Editor Extensions

FAR

Fine Print

Firespitter dll

KAS

Kerbal joint reinforcement

KW

Infernal robotics

MechJeb2

Eddie series engines

Panda Jager Laboratories

Procedural fairings and wings

real chute

SCAN sat

Spaceplane plus

Tac life support

Tac fuel balancer

Kerbal alarm clock

Tweak Scale

Modular Kolonization systems

Universal storage

Any thoughts on what might have caused this? Thank you guys.

Hi I'm having problem running both EVE (7-3 release) and ATM (3-3-1) on 64bit KSP 0.24.2. I have been playing a dozen hours with ATM and ~25 other mods with rarely any crashes. I just decided to add in EVE for the clouds, then my game would crash when I try to go from main menu to load a save to the KSC.

Interestingly I can run EVE 7-3 with my other 25 mods without crashes as well (game runs at 4.1 GB).

On a clean KSP I can have both EVE and ATM and the game won't crash. When I try to add my other mods back in one by one, the game would crash usually around the 5th (or 6th) mod. What's weird is that when I remove that 5th mod the game would still crash on launch. Only when I have removed mods 1-4 as well I was able to play the game beyond launch pad with a clean install + EVE + ATM again. Therefore it doesn't seem like it's issue with any specific mods.

My crash log:

My error message:

Mods I use:

Toolbar

Bahamuto Dynamics Parts

Ambient Light Adjustment

Chatterer

Contract Manager

Deadly Reentry

Editor Extensions

FAR

Fine Print

Firespitter dll

KAS

KW

Infernal robotics

MechJeb2

Eddie series engines

Panda Jager Laboratories

real chute

SCAN sat

Spaceplane plus

Tac life support

Tac fuel balancer

Kerbal alarm clock

Tweak Scale

Universal storage

Do you run with the basic or advanced ATM config? You may have inadvertently deleted the ATM configs that manage textures. What is in "BoulderCo"

I kind of have a stupid idea, as this was most likely brought into the thread a long time ago and was a proper "no". Apologies if it was brought up before. Currently, when you get close to a cloud they become a bunch of particles basically, and I was thinking that if you could make clouds a randomly chosen or mapped out to the cloud texture, it would look great. However, this could be the worst thing you could do to KSP, as I don't know the performance or the coding/modeling/hair-straining ability you would require.

EDIT: I wrote this terribly. Let me rewrite what I meant. Clouds are meshes and could be chosen randomly or mapped to the cloud texture.

Edited by Monkthespy

I kind of have a stupid idea, as this was most likely brought into the thread a long time ago and was a proper "no". Apologies if it was brought up before. Currently, when you get close to a cloud they become a bunch of particles basically, and I was thinking that if you could make clouds a randomly chosen or mapped out to the cloud texture, it would look great. However, this could be the worst thing you could do to KSP, as I don't know the performance or the coding/modeling/hair-straining ability you would require.

EDIT: I wrote this terribly. Let me rewrite what I meant. Clouds are meshes and could be chosen randomly or mapped to the cloud texture.

Not sure what you mean by this... There are two primary components to the cloud system: 2D sphere, and the volume particles. The particles are spawned and colored according to the 2D layer.

My crash log:

My error message:

Mods I use:

Toolbar

Bahamuto Dynamics Parts

Ambient Light Adjustment

Chatterer

Contract Manager

Deadly Reentry

Editor Extensions

FAR

Fine Print

Firespitter dll

KAS

KW

Infernal robotics

MechJeb2

Eddie series engines

Panda Jager Laboratories

real chute

SCAN sat

Spaceplane plus

Tac life support

Tac fuel balancer

Kerbal alarm clock

Tweak Scale

Universal storage

I've been having the same problem, I was rebuilding KSP because of another problem and it was fine with the graphical mods and ATM (x64 basic) until I started adding in all the others again, then I'd start getting crashes on starting a new game, changing which mods were installed didn't seem to make any difference, so in the end I came to the conclusion it was a resource problem.

anyhoo, I found a fix.

first I removed all the overrides I was using in my graphics driver control panel, forced antialiasing, anisotropic filtering and vertical sync

and then added -force-opengl to the KSP_x64 shortcut and now i'm back in with all my old mods and everything running ok.

hope that helps riceiq999

Anyone else having issues with the Kerbin night lights being out of alignment? The lights are out of phase by the entire width of Kafrica (the continent with ksc on it). I tried to land where I thought ksc was based on the lights and came down a good ways off the western coastline.

Edit: I'm using the low res version btw.

Edit 2: Just reloaded the game and it seems to be fine now. Either it was a freak occurrence or loading up distant objects for the first time screwed with it somehow.

Edited by The Pink Ranger

Hi, for some reason when I press Alt+N the gui doesnt come up, just nothing happens. I'd post my mod library but i'm not sure what folder i've ....ed up. Any Ideas what i've done wrong?

Alt+E

I've gotten a 2048x2048 texture to work.

It seems that I'm having spontaneous crashes, 50% of the time I launch the game and load KSC. Even if no changes were made. No idea what causes it.

I returned my images to their original size. Looking good. Not sure why it didn't work before.

Alt+E

I've gotten a 2048x2048 texture to work.

It seems that I'm having spontaneous crashes, 50% of the time I launch the game and load KSC. Even if no changes were made. No idea what causes it.

I returned my images to their original size. Looking good. Not sure why it didn't work before.

You could try putting -force-opengl in the target field of a shortcut to the KSP executable.

worked wonders for me.

You could try putting -force-opengl in the target field of a shortcut to the KSP executable.

worked wonders for me.

Thanks, but that only caused more bizarre issues for me.

Also, rb, how much of a performance impact do you think it would be if the terrain textures used a normal map? That would stir some .....

Edited by Astronomer

Thanks, but that only caused more bizarre issues for me.

Also, rb, how much of a performance impact do you think it would be if the terrain textures used a normal map? That would stir some .....

Some impact, but not *too* bad. I'd have to experiment.

Imagine a city normal map, or a rocks normal map, making mountains appear tessellated. I am very interested in trying them out again.

Remember this? http://imgur.com/a/6Bi2t

I think it is essential for having full on 420 graphics. But if it ain't worth the FPS drop, then I suppose I could make them optional. That would prevent the drop, right?

Imagine a city normal map, or a rocks normal map, making mountains appear tessellated. I am very interested in trying them out again.

Remember this? http://imgur.com/a/6Bi2t

I think it is essential for having full on 420 graphics. But if it ain't worth the FPS drop, then I suppose I could make them optional. That would prevent the drop, right?

I'd have to add a keyword to the shader so that they could be disabled, otherwise it would be the same.

Speaking of water (and atmosphere) I highly recommend just adapting the provided source from here for both of them.

That will also let you replace AtmosphereFromGround.

1394563669531.gif

Edit: inb4 rbray says it's not.

BTW, Mun doesn't support terrain change. The settings are there, but nothing changes visually.

It does work on Eeloo, however.

GvQGlP5.png

y2GC6rw.png

10k textures, here we go!

Update: Shall we call it...

You probably know this, but it will be safer if I say it. The north pole has grown some grass.

Update: Admit it: the Mun is where most of your missions went. Since PARADISE is suppoed to take place 1000 years after Oblivion, I've had a little fun and made this for Mun. The texture was tested on Kerbin's north pole as the Mun does not currently support custom terrain.

x0anelb.png

Yes, those are trillions of footprints.

I realize that this is a silly joke, so I will include this as an optional texture: "The Next Millenium Edition".

Update: City Lights or just Cities don't work on Mun either.

Edited by Astronomer

LOL, that random space shuttle at the end.

I can bet everything that there will be a long-term simulation where you can life out your entire life in a setting such as this.

It's cheaper produce a completely realistic world which you would hook up all your senses then to build the actual thing.