[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Is this hosted anywhere else? I'm not keen on installing 3rd party downloader/installer/uninstaller software.

Hey GrimT, you don't need to download an installer it just makes it look that way. If you hit download type in the text it gives you to prove you're not a bot and up pops the zip-file for downloading. This is the exact one I downloaded and its working beautifully!

is there going to be an update or fix for the Clouds.dll and this error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Clouds.Clouds.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

its killing the fps like crazy and the log grows way too big

SMH I wish, but the last 3 images have been shopped (planets and light leak). The gas clouds are actually there in-game, but only as a skybox. I have some ideas about making them actually within the solar system, but they will still be flat. Consider these 3 images as my way of showing how I would want KSP to look one day.

All images I posted before this (previous page) are just screenshots.

Oh, and feel free to use these as wallpapers. The resolution is adequate.

Edited by Astronomer

SMH I wish, but the last 3 images have been shopped (planets and light leak). The gas clouds are actually there in-game, but only as a skybox. I have some ideas about making them actually within the solar system, but they will still be flat. Consider these 3 images as my way of showing how I would want KSP to look one day.

All images I posted before this (previous page) are just screenshots.

Oh, and feel free to use these as wallpapers. The resolution is adequate.

Was gonna say those planets look remarkably spaceengine-esque ;D

How can you get the SS texture so good looking with EVE? Isn't the 8K limit a Unity thing?

That's a 2k texture, you just have to make sure it's not at all repetitive and there aren't any obvious oustanding areas, they make the tiling less obvious at a distance.

So with the skybox and EVA reflection, I'm assuming you're introducing a dependency on Texture Replacer? That's a shame...

All features will be optional (modular), so you only have to add features you want. In addition, I've just figured out a way to do this without Texture Replacer.

Also I found that Eve's water texture is called "liquidmercury".

Edited by Astronomer

All features will be optional (modular), so you only have to add features you want. In addition, I've just figured out a way to do this without Texture Replacer.

Yeah, but then we just end up with another KSPRC or BA where we have to install a whole bunch of memory-hungry mods to get just one change that honestly, is done better by other 'packs' designed specifically FOR that change. "You can add whichever features you want" is a phrase I don't especially like hearing, personally - it means that if I don't use all the necessary dependencies, I'm getting an incomplete experience which may also be something the modder doesn't like. KSPRC looks best when it's ALL installed, but it just tanks my framerate in my heavily modded game. So I get half of it and it feels and looks incomplete.

On the other hand, I'm aware that certain mods can only do certain things so for a modders vision, it may be necessary to introduce dependencies as KSPRC and BA have done. On the other other hand, I'm not aware of what the EVE overhauls are capable of..

So yeah, if you've found out how to do this without TR, then that's excellent news. I hope 'this' means the skybox because I adore Raredens..

Anyway, yeah, that's my thoughts. Looking forward to this, whatever happens! :)

Hey.

So I was doing a fly by of Eve and noticed that a couple of times the atmosphere on the edge of the planet was flickering slightly, I had a look at the debug window to see if there was anything happening within one of the mods and noticed this continuously popping up. It doesn't affect my gameplay or the way the clouds look in anyway so I'm not really sure if its a problem at all. I am using Astronomersvisualpack.cfg if that helps at all.

Thanks for any help.

[Exception]: UnityException: Texture 'BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/eve1' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.

can we come to an agreement on this thread that any screenshots posted in here must also come with a config file and any added gfx assets (and state which elements are using texture replacer if any)

i personally would like to see the config setups for the scaled terrain

Hey.

So I was doing a fly by of Eve and noticed that a couple of times the atmosphere on the edge of the planet was flickering slightly, I had a look at the debug window to see if there was anything happening within one of the mods and noticed this continuously popping up. It doesn't affect my gameplay or the way the clouds look in anyway so I'm not really sure if its a problem at all. I am using Astronomersvisualpack.cfg if that helps at all.

Thanks for any help.

[Exception]: UnityException: Texture 'BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/eve1' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.

You have ATM or TextureReplacer set to make textures not readable, and you don't have a config to designate that texture as readable.