[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

You have ATM or TextureReplacer set to make textures not readable, and you don't have a config to designate that texture as readable.

I don't have ATM installed but I do have Texturereplacer. Would it be something I would need to change with that config? It doesn't seem to alter the look or cause any crashes, Ive been playing for about 2 hours and all seems fine, weird.

@Astronomer: Does your EVE Version with this extremely beautiful textures work also in x86? (ATM and LoD already included)

Both releases were developed and tested in x86. As long as you have a few gigs of ram it should be ok, even with with other mods.

Nice pics! I find it looks best in space tho :P

Ok it's buggy: http://i.imgur.com/Xu9z1QO.png(Flare on ground? WUT?!)

Stock KSP lens flare already does this. All I did is replace the texture.

I can confirm, same here.

Running 0.25 with RSS 8 and overhaul 9.2 I get the red/white globe glitch

EDIT: Actually that was a memory related glitch as using 32 bit ksp, latest Overhaul works on 0.25 with city lights, although some serious glitches associated with that overhaul release.

Edited by pingopete

Running 0.25 with RSS 8 and overhaul 9.2 I get the red/white globe glitch

I'm not running RSS anymore for a while. This is a "stock" install (and with "stock" I mean I have more mods than stock files, but neither acts on planets).

I installed Better Atmospheres on top of this after I posted, and that's working too (but you'll need to run the game with opengl since ATM is not updated yet).

While everyone waits for next version, can I ask something?

IN other topic in general (mod) discussion we talked about things KSP is still missing to display proper SCALE and distance... and needless to say we concluded somewhat that aside from the distance tint being way too subtle (and always blue???...), the game is also missing HAZE / FOG and horizon boundary blur due to atmospheric scattering.

In the topic someone linked this screenshot -> http://i.imgur.com/CvemXUB.jpg from somewhere way earlier in the development of EVE. And obviously this screenshot looks tons and miles better than EVE in the release version in 0.24 looked. So the question is, is further work planned on Haze/Fog/Horizon related rendering?

Is there any chance EVE will be able to reproduce that screenshot?

While everyone waits for next version, can I ask something?

IN other topic in general (mod) discussion we talked about things KSP is still missing to display proper SCALE and distance... and needless to say we concluded somewhat that aside from the distance tint being way too subtle (and always blue???...), the game is also missing HAZE / FOG and horizon boundary blur due to atmospheric scattering.

In the topic someone linked this screenshot -> http://i.imgur.com/CvemXUB.jpg from somewhere way earlier in the development of EVE. And obviously this screenshot looks tons and miles better than EVE in the release version in 0.24 looked. So the question is, is further work planned on Haze/Fog/Horizon related rendering?

Is there any chance EVE will be able to reproduce that screenshot?

That is EVE. I'm pretty sure the newest overhauls have haze. Last time I tried it, it was pretty rough especially from orbit.

I'm curious as to why my clouds texture on Kerbin look like they are duplicated and set right next to each other, it's basically like looking at it with my glasses off.

You could have multiple cloud configs, or it could be a compatibility problem between 7-4 (build for 0.24) and KSP 0.25

Do you have a picture of the issue, what version of KSP are you using (x86/32bit or 64 bit, and on what OS?), what version of EVE are you running, do you have the output log for troubleshooting purposes?

Edited by NoMrBond

You could have multiple cloud configs, or it could be a compatibility problem between 7-4 (build for 0.24) and KSP 0.25

Do you have a picture of the issue, what version of KSP are you using (x86/32bit or 64 bit, and on what OS?), what version of EVE are you running, do you have the output log for troubleshooting purposes?

QmRRN56.jpg

If this is normal then I can deal with it but it just looks strange to me. I'm using .25 but .24 had the same effect a few months back. It had the same effect on 32bit before the 64bit hack and whilst on the official 64bit update from Squad.

I'm also using Windows 7 whilst using the latest version of EVE, not sure how to get an output log sorry.

That is EVE. I'm pretty sure the newest overhauls have haze. Last time I tried it, it was pretty rough especially from orbit.

Ohhh? THAT is EVE? I have never seen any overhaul linked with such an impressive blending over of clouds and distance haze... can you guide me to the relevant overhaul? Or at least an idea how to set EVE up so that I have JUST this (without clouds) distance haze is far more important to me than clouds...