[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

WHAT ?!?!?

Let me wake up please !

Mod the terrain as like loading meshes with props ? Or is it modding the colors only?

Modding the terrain shader. Ie. changing the textures, getting rid of the mun repetition, re-using the Scaled Space texture as a high-orbit overlay, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

That and your volumetric fog, you're going to blow our minds. Wouldn't you also, per chance, have up your sleeve a fix for KSP to use moar memory ? :D

not aside from my ATM mod. :)

Modding the terrain shader. Ie. changing the textures, getting rid of the mun repetition, re-using the Scaled Space texture as a high-orbit overlay, etc.

Would that be complementary to the planetary aspects of Texture Replacer or something that... umm... replaces it?

not aside from my ATM mod. :)

Well ATM is in use, but with Sonic's stuff and the many mods I have... I still encounter memory crash. I'm gonna get rid of a few big textures from TexReplacer.... And maybe Sonic :P

Kerbin Cloud > 30MB

Laythe Cloud > 30MB

:D

I'm gonna remove Laythe from now, I won't be flying there until many months I bet.

Or maybe it's the music mod that's killing KSP ...

Well ATM is in use, but with Sonic's stuff and the many mods I have... I still encounter memory crash. I'm gonna get rid of a few big textures from TexReplacer.... And maybe Sonic :P

Kerbin Cloud > 30MB

Laythe Cloud > 30MB

:D

I'm gonna remove Laythe from now, I won't be flying there until many months I bet.

Or maybe it's the music mod that's killing KSP ...

Sound adds a good bit to the memory usage. Are you using basic or aggressive ATM? Aggressive is much more erm... aggressive with textures and beats many more MB out of them.

I have a few ideas about the ocean lag (& how to save memory) but I want to get the terrain done first.

Would that be complementary to the planetary aspects of Texture Replacer or something that... umm... replaces it?

Complimentary. Right now, TR doesn't touch terrain at all. So when you would use TR to change the orbit texture, it would also enhance the ground as well. (think Moho and all those tiny planets that look like garbage up close compared to the replaced versions)

Hmmm... was it still at Laythe? Did you get the log right after it happened? This is with volumes disabled?

Duna this time, Yes, it was from a layer that had it disabled, but at the time it still had them on even when i disabled them.

Also,

This was posted in my BA page. Is this a me or and EVE problem? I've tried changing settings, but nothing seems to fix it..

Duna this time, Yes, it was from a layer that had it disabled, but at the time it still had them on even when i disabled them.

Also,

This was posted in my BA page. Is this a me or and EVE problem? I've tried changing settings, but nothing seems to fix it..

I think that's an issue with the shader floats. Is that regular kerbin or RSS?

Does the low res pack have volumetrics?
Yes. Because my PC is rather old, I downloaded the low res version, and there were definitely volumetric clouds in that.

Installed the mod, however i'm presented with this

c9ivfjml.jpg?1

upon reading the output log I caught this

Load(Texture): BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/kerbin1

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

libpng error: incorrect data check

Addons are as follows

NbwJBDLl.png

rbray89, any way to modify spin rotation, to simulate hurricanes etc. ? Like moving on the X and spinning at the same time, should be doable, no ?

Edit: And by the way, HOW IS THIS NOT IN STOCK GAME !!! Mind Blown !

Vixiea: you need the low-res version. That's symptomatic of your graphics card not supporting 8192x4096 textures.

Fixed my problem, thanks! :)

Odd two gtx 570 ti cards in sli don't support it, maybe I need a 600 series... :P