[0.23] Crowd-sourced Science Logs: SCIENCE NEEDS YOU!

codepants

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't got it on how to install it (download it, actually). I'm new to KSP, so sorry for my "noobness". Do I just copy the whole text from one of those links to my ScienceDefs.cfg file? Or is there a way to download this?

Edited by Arch3rAc3

I didn't got it on how to install it (download it, actually). I'm new to KSP, so sorry for my "noobness". Do I just copy the whole text from one of those links to my ScienceDefs.cfg file? Or is there a way to download this?

You can "save as .txt" (I would go with the moderated one, since the unmoderated one looks like it might have been broken in the meantime -- stuff like mismatched brackets, etc.) from the Google Docs menu, and then rename it as needed. You can replace ScienceDefs.cfg with it, or if you tweak the file a bit, you can turn it into a ModuleManager patch (I call mine "CrowdsourcedScienceDefs.cfg") and not have to overwrite anything. Basically, replace everything between EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION and RESULTS (for each experiment) with a block like this (updating the #id value accordingly):

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[*]:HAS[#id[crewReport]] {
@RESULTS
{

What this does is enter the EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION block whose id value is "crewReport" and add all of the new values to the RESULTS block.

I might go ahead and make these changes to the unmoderated version so that later users don't have to do this themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I might be up for a continuation of this. It's probably likely to be moved over to GitHub if I get permission as I hate dealing with Google. Don't worry, it'll still be easy for you guys to contribute.

I'm also considering a major science log overhaul mod-end result might be a contracts-style random text generator, with actual grammar!

Hey guys, I might be up for a continuation of this. It's probably likely to be moved over to GitHub if I get permission as I hate dealing with Google. Don't worry, it'll still be easy for you guys to contribute.

I'm also considering a major science log overhaul mod-end result might be a contracts-style random text generator, with actual grammar!

Hooray! But please keep the finely crafted prose of the current science logs. Some of them are downright hilarious. :)

I'd be delighted if you would continue. If you feel like lazy or want me to help you, just tell me what to do and I will indeed help you with routine, or not-so-routine work, to get this thing done quickly and properly.

My skype: plymouth1111

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...