How many Kerbals do you have in need of rescuing?

Fenris

On my .21 sandbox save that I was running up until a few weeks ago, I had only 2...

Jeb was stranded on a kethane scanning station... there was a probe core on the station, and then a crew capsule on top, and the crew capsule was supposed to jettison and return home

but I forgot to stop the fuel crossfeed, and burned through all the escape pod fuel with the main booster on the station, D'OH!

the second one was a similar issue with Bill... same space station, actually, but destined for the mun.

Eveeything went well, and I remembered to switch off fuel crossfeed... but the return pod didn't have enough go-juice, and now he's in a weird eliptical orbit around kerbin.

None for me either. My only interplanetary mission to Duna was successful. But I have had to rescue some Kerbals before. I remember I was in low Kerbin orbit, testing three drop pods (Jeb already tested one and it worked perfectly) and was just about to test the next one, when I accidentally jettisonned the capsule from the engine. So, I had Bill and Bob stranded in the three man capsule in orbit around Kerbin. Rescuing was a breeze. Rendezvoused, and with no need to dock, I EVA'd Bob and Bill to the rescue ship. But I made sure to label the old capsule as "Stranded capsule that was saved" and marked it as debris. Pretty fun to rescue Kerbals :)

On my .21 sandbox save that I was running up until a few weeks ago, I had only 2...

Jeb was stranded on a kethane scanning station... there was a probe core on the station, and then a crew capsule on top, and the crew capsule was supposed to jettison and return home

but I forgot to stop the fuel crossfeed, and burned through all the escape pod fuel with the main booster on the station, D'OH!

the second one was a similar issue with Bill... same space station, actually, but destined for the mun.

Eveeything went well, and I remembered to switch off fuel crossfeed... but the return pod didn't have enough go-juice, and now he's in a weird eliptical orbit around kerbin.

Why would you send a crew for scanning for kethane?

• 3 months later...
Commander Wilcas Kerman and his two crew mates have been stranded in space for days (note the gaping hole in the fuselage).

http://i.imgur.com/eEEU2es.png

Other than that, I have 3 more Kerbals stranded in a marsh about 200 Km form KSC. They're from an "aborted" launch.

What happened to that ship it looks like explorer after it got hit by debris in gravity.

Jeb is stuck on Eve, underestimated the TWR a bit on my rocket and cannot get to orbit. Bob is stuck orbiting Kerbin because I forgot to remove him before launching a rescue ship for another kerbal. Both will be rescued eventually.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.