Riddles

vexx32

veteran military intelligence officer

His wave at the kids was more of a salute!

Very close. Close enough that I'm going to count it, in fact.

It wasn't the wave itself so much that gave it away as it was the way he held the bags -- he had been trained to always salute a superior officer whenever he passed unless he was doing something that required both hands. Since the grocery bags were light enough that he didn't need both hands to carry them, he would carry them with his left hand while leaving his right hand free for the salute. Since he had been doing this for years without thinking about it, he didn't even think of it as one of the things that might give him away. Of course, the person who found him out had also been a military veteran who had been trained to do the same thing, so he spotted it right away.

Congratulations, StrandedonEarth :)

Well then, here's one for you! I actually have no idea how difficult this will be, since I literally just made it up... but I hope it will be suitably challenging without being too cryptic. Have fun :)

"I am the strongest warrior, the fastest killer! I strike without warning, I strike without caring. No living thing can withstand my might, but I myself cannot be slain, for I am immortal. Humans have told tales of my exploits since time immemorial."

"But do not fear me, for I am also a part of you. Understand me, and we can become allies. Tame me, and I will lend you my strength. I will carry you far and wide. I will help you see and hear things you never knew before. I will protect your home while you are away. I will answer all your questions, and keep your secrets. And who knows - one day, we might conquer the universe together. How about it?"

"But first, tell me my name."

Edited by Streetwind

Time?

Nope! You're thinking too abstract.

Dog?

Cat?

Something like a pet?

Nope, nope, nope. How would that fit all the criteria presented? :)

Your mother?

Interesting thought, but no, my mother is not an impassionate killer of ancient legends, as cool as that may sound :P

"I am the strongest warrior, the fastest killer! I strike without warning, I strike without caring. No living thing can withstand my might, but I myself cannot be slain, for I am immortal. Humans have told tales of my exploits since time immemorial."

"But do not fear me, for I am also a part of you. Understand me, and we can become allies. Tame me, and I will lend you my strength. I will carry you far and wide. I will help you see and hear things you never knew before. I will protect your home while you are away. I will answer all your questions, and keep your secrets. And who knows - one day, we might conquer the universe together. How about it?"

"But first, tell me my name."

I want to say lightning. Electrical currents will fit all the criteria, by stretching into all the devices that run on electricity

I want to say lightning. Electrical currents will fit all the criteria, by stretching into all the devices that run on electricity

We have a winner! :)Electricity is indeed the answer. The first parapgraph describes its natural occurrence (a lightning strike), the second one describes manmade applications of electricity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.