[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Has anyone done FAR integration yet? I rolled this early this morning, finished it up tonight. Also, this isn't quite available yet because it's hooking into a dev build of FAR. Very simple mod.

PRddS0Z.jpg

I had another quick question... and again thanks for all the previous help, anyways I was curious if other than action groups if there was an addy to trigger things like experiments without leaving IVA? I know i can set groups, and I thought I saw somewhere I could have buttons for the group's. I was hoping there would be a way for a labeled button to exist on the monitor for an action, or the action group content displayed on the screen. The reason being that my camera for instance serves the same function as an EVA Kerbal, when it takes an "observation of its surroundings" the camera turns 360° and would like a button to trigger this in the prove control room. If I'm stuck with just action groups that's fine I am still learning all the functions of the RPM and it's been hard to play due to the recent version flux, my mods kept breaking, and I'm still waiting for modular tanks, but the up shot was I got some other work done on my parts.

Mihara: I've hit a bit of a snag making a custom version of the "blinkenlights" style sas/rcs/light/gear + brake buttons, I wanted to add an animation that moves the button inwards when pushed and comes back out when inactive (like a push toggle) which works just fine using "animationName = nameofmyanimation" but for some reason that makes:

coloredObject = button

disabledColor = 0,0,0,255

enabledColor = 54,9,235,255

Not work, and the colors on the other buttons don't work either, they're all stuck on their default color.

Remove "animationName = nameofmyanimation" and the color works again, yeah I know I could split all the buttons into separate models and bake the emissive animation into each one, but that isn't a very elegant solution (imho).

I tried moving the motion animation to another gameobject than the color animation, no joy.

I also added labels:

DhJzAeB.png

Using modified ASET icons/text for now, I'll make my own before release.

coloredObject -- Name of the gameObject to change the material color on. Animation takes precedence.

Doh, is there no way to combine them?

Edited by K3|Chris

VexcomHUD for RPM. It also adds a hud to Cupola POD.

Adding this to the list of extra things in the OP. :)

Has anyone done FAR integration yet? I rolled this early this morning, finished it up tonight.

Woot, more plugins. :) Mind you, the best thing would be to stick that module inside FAR itself, but that depends on Ferram, etc.

I was curious if other than action groups if there was an addy to trigger things like experiments without leaving IVA?

You can directly trigger an animation on pod exterior, and if that's not enough there's always action handlers: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Action-handlers

Doh, is there no way to combine them?

There is, two actually. 1. An animation can also animate a color change. :) 2. You can have one module running an animation and another module changing the color of the same gameobject, both living within one prop, it will work.

know what should be nice? If there is a external program to render these panels... so we can use other pcs and monitors to show them to build custom simulation cabins... :P

Alas, I get asked this often and it is considerably more complicated than it sounds. It's easy to push the picture out in one way or another, it's not that easy to do it fast enough.

There is, two actually. 1. An animation can also animate a color change. :)

Yeah but that requires Unity 4.2 and saving each prop as it's own model, and I got 16 props... so...

2. You can have one module running an animation and another module changing the color of the same gameobject, both living within one prop, it will work..

Oh sweet, yay!

You can directly trigger an animation on pod exterior, and if that's not enough there's always action handlers: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Action-handlers

I thought that was what that function was for, I apologize for asking noobish questions, the cfg files, I understand to a point but I still lack a lot of the c# knowledge that would be helpful in this situation. Thanks again for the prompt assistance.

Awesome mod. Don't know what I'd do without it!

That brings me to my problem. ^_^

I'm just now making the painful but welcome transition from .23.5 to .24.2 64bit, updating all of my mods. So far so good, but whenever I use a couple of command pods I've used for a long time, I get an RPM error.

The two pods are:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82045-K-P0110-Apollo-like-crew-module

and

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75074-24-x-Taurus-HCV-3-75-m-Crew-Pod-and-other-parts-v1-2-1-July-22-2014

The error says "JSISwitchableVariableLabel: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION". I haven't noticed anything actually malfunctioning, but the big green error message in the middle of the screen is bad enough on its own.

This is with all mods cleared out except the pods in question and the latest RPM, .24.2 64bit.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

You can't. Congratulations, you've found an honest, real RPM bug. :)

Working on it.

EDIT: Found it. Please download the dev build (you can find the link to the current dev build on the first page of the wiki if you actually read it) and confirm whether this fixes the problem or not.

Looks like I'll have to publish 0.18.2 soon. :)

Edited by Mihara

So getting quite a few errors in my ALT-F2 log...

[Error]: RasterPropMonitorComputer: Processing error while processing ALTITUDE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[Error]: RasterPropMonitorComputer: Processing error while processing RADARALT: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Not sure what is causing it.

You can't. Congratulations, you've found an honest, real RPM bug. :)

Working on it.

EDIT: Found it. Please download the dev build (you can find the link to the current dev build on the first page of the wiki if you actually read it) and confirm whether this fixes the problem or not.

Looks like I'll have to publish 0.18.2 soon. :)

Thanks! Do I get a prize?? :)

I'll grab the dev build and let you know how it works as soon as possible.

Not enough information. Are you by any chance running RPM 0.18 or higher with KSP 0.23.5?

Running .24.2 32bit, with the current build of RPM.

The errors are odd, they don't actually crash the game they just slow it down.

Running .24.2 32bit, with the current build of RPM.

The errors are odd, they don't actually crash the game they just slow it down.

Please post the full log file and describe what's going on when the errors show up.

Yes, you get the druid Getafix. :)

Fantastic! ^_^

Happily, the dev version fix seems to work. I haven't tested it over a long period of time, of course, but the error messages are gone and everything seems to be functioning properly.

Thanks!

hi, I seem to have a problem with this mod I'v gotten it working before but after a ksp crash, all of the IVA's have returned to the default even if I uninstall and reinstall the IVA's still don't change the game however precedes to function normally.

I had some problems with KSP 64bit, kept shutting down on me everytime i'd go from hangar or rocket bay to launchpad. I found the problem on the log file with Raster Prop Monitor and I deleted the SCANsatRPM and RPMPodPatches folders as per the errors in its loading those and now everything is fixed up and works fine. I do have the Black MFD mod running

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MechJebRPM.MechJebRPM' from assembly 'MechJebRPM, Version=0.16.5223.32098, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)

This looks like a stray MechJebRPM from all the way back in version 0.16. MechJebRPM now lives in JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins so you have two, which seems to be the cause. (The actual cause is a variable handler not getting run after being instantiated...)

Just completed my first IVA landing on Minmus in my let's play. It was both awesome and scary as hell. I'm deeply sorry I didn't install this mod sooner!

Somehow, RPM never caught on with big youtubers, not sure if it's because it's not photogenic enough or because there's a hidden conspiracy. :)

hi, I seem to have a problem with this mod I'v gotten it working before but after a ksp crash, all of the IVA's have returned to the default even if I uninstall and reinstall the IVA's still don't change the game however precedes to function normally.

Missing ModuleManager.

I had some problems with KSP 64bit, kept shutting down on me everytime i'd go from hangar or rocket bay to launchpad. I found the problem on the log file with Raster Prop Monitor and I deleted the SCANsatRPM and RPMPodPatches folders as per the errors in its loading those and now everything is fixed up and works fine. I do have the Black MFD mod running

...I started writing a long lecture on how can I figure from this statement that this installation has been broken for a while and now became considerably more broken, and then decided I don't have the time for it.

RPM is ONLY tested on 64bit. No, really. I don't believe there's a point to run anything else, so I don't even run the 32bit build when testing it myself.

Well here's the thing, Mihara... your mod is sadly broken. Well... was broken, I should say, until I deleted the cause of the problem. (it was a fresh install btw, so no, not broken in that dept.) Would be more profitable for you to take stock in that fact