Mission Aeronautics - Explosives and Electrical Stuff

N3X15

I applaud your work! As far as 'you can\'t run an engine on electricity', I don\'t really care if we are violating another rule of physics. If you want realism, go play Orbiter. But couldn\'t you just make a ram-scoop(powered by your new electricity) and use that as a justification for creating fuel? (ram-scoop= coil that creates an immense electromagnetic field and pulls in free-floating ions in space, to be used for fuel or fusion)

We\'ll agree to disagree then, the beauty of the new modding system is that we will be able to customise our game to suit our preferences. I am just trying to understand the possibilities and limitations of the new system. The thing I was wondering, and would ask someone with more programming experience to tell me is: is it possible (and how difficult it would be from a programing perspective) to create a modded engine for KSP that requires two different fuel sources to function? From the perspective of \'fluff\' ingame explanations these could be anything: electricity and propellant, fuel and oxidizer, matter and antimatter, whatever...

As for ramscoops, the density of matter in space is so low that the ship would need to be moving at a considerable fraction of the speed of light to gather enough atoms of matter to... well, matter. :D But that\'s physics and you dont care about that I guess.

It seems like it wouldn\'t be too difficult to make an ion engine consume both fuel and electricity...

Sure, but I\'m lazy. Then again, I kinda want to make an abstract fuel request system so we can have multiple types of fuels. The need to code something and the aversion to recoding something I\'ve already written are both terrible feelings to have at once :|

• 1 month later...

Is your electricity plugin going to replace Cerphei\'s? Because someone made extracting and rotating panels but the plugin does not allow other part types to use electricity (see last page of Cerphei\'s thread). Maybe that person could help you.

• 1 month later...

will this is.....awesome! i think you\'ve saved a lot of brave kerbal astronauts who give their lifes for this space program! I\'ll be using this, and blow my rockets up for some extreme fireworks!

• 1 month later...
Ever had a rocket fall apart in such a way that your expensive capsule was pinned helplessly to the top of it, with no way to stop this ride from Hell?

Yes, every time that I need to eject immediately.

When I have time to spare between the ground and the command module, it breaks off instantly. Its a :sos: situation nearly 24/7 :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.